A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,767
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Venezia from Interweave Winter 06 by Eunny Jang  (Read 68621 times)
Tags for this thread: eunny_jang  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissLulu
« Reply #230 on: February 25, 2007 08:02:21 AM »

I cast off the body last night - didn't think it was the best idea to cut the steeks while tired, though, so cast on a sleeve!

I had steek-cutting nightmares all night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldengrrl
Val and Miss Cleo

L'il Miss Cleo

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 26, 2007 08:23:01 AM »

Back from Stitches West and catching up.  I spent quite  a bit of time looking for yarn for this project, but no luck.

Peppersaskatoon-Thanks!  for the tip on Uncommon threads.  Los Altos is close enough, but I've never been there.  I'm so HAPPY to hear that they carry the Jamieson.  I'll be heading there soon.

Martini Monsters-your sweater is so beautiful.  That's for the tips on swapping colors.  I'll follow your advice and keep the base and swap in blues...that's what I hope to do anyway.  Don't know if I can pull it off  Cry

Is anyone finding the Spindrift to be very scratchy?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peppersaskatoon
« Reply #232 on: February 27, 2007 09:32:05 AM »

Oh yay, goldengrrl...I hope you find something you like.

Yeah, I'm wondering if anyone else is considering knitting the inside of the cuffs and the collar in a soft yarn, to make it all just a little less scratchy.  I've got some cashmere from an old scarf my cat got to, and I'm thinking of giving it a try...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wabbit
« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2007 12:41:09 AM »

After constant drooling over this thread, I decided to join in. Elongating the sleeves should be relatively easy; on the other hand, how I'll figure out steeking scoop neck, is yet to be seen. But:

ok i have a technical question regarding this sweater, I have knit fair isle but only with two colors. How do you do it when you change colors every few rows, do you have to break the yarn when you're done and weave it later? Is there a way to kind of just carry it up the side?

This was asked a (long) while ago but I didn't seem to find the answer. That must be beacuse it is obvious, right? So - which one is it, did you break or carry? Wink

So that you could see I've reached the point where I have to make this crucial decision, I'll show you my progress, if one is allowed to call this strip progress at all:

Tiny knitting is cool! And it's the only way of knitting that justifies stranding, I think. Even Deep V Argyle Vest ended up so bulky, but Venezia's fabric seems quite OK in this respect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Even if I were thinking, which I am not, that would not show that I exist."
superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2007 01:45:17 AM »

holy crap that looks gorgeous!

Unfortuneately i had to stop knitting mine, it was too huge, and i realized that i couldn't afford the yarn i had bought for it, i had bought one of each color and that cost 50 bucks, i cant afford a 200 dollar sweater right now. I think i may try it again later with pallette.

As for the question i asked so long ago, i broke the yarn as i went, it was getting too tangly to keep them going up the side
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
zknits
« Reply #235 on: March 02, 2007 06:59:01 AM »

wow!  i love the colors wabbit!  i can't wait to see your progress as you go along!
z
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my knitting podcast (knit obsession) at: http://seezknit.blogspot.com/

http://zknitsgoods.blogspot.com/
peppersaskatoon
« Reply #236 on: March 02, 2007 07:53:16 AM »

That is looking amazing, wabbit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rorosity
« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2007 07:33:20 PM »

Love those colors.  It looks great.  I can't wait to see the rest.

I started mine, then had to rip it all out, because the bottom band was huge.  I am going to have to start again soon.  I have a couple of other projects I want to finish, before I forge ahead with Venezia. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissLulu
« Reply #238 on: March 02, 2007 09:29:59 PM »

looks great wabbit!

i have finished the first sleeve and started the second! i'm estimating another week and then it will be DONE.

my next project: huge wool, enormous needles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wabbit
« Reply #239 on: March 03, 2007 12:51:03 AM »

Thanks superstitch, guess you're right. I was also afraid the vertical floats would be too long. And thanks everyone! This thread provides enormous moral support - though before Venezia I didn't think I'd ever actually need moral support to finish a knitted item Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Even if I were thinking, which I am not, that would not show that I exist."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Perfect Recipe For Stuffing, From Trisha Yearwood
My Favorite Christmas Dinner, Trisha Yearwood
How to Make Orange Cranberry Muffins
Eggnog Monte Cristos: Outside the Box
Favorite Southern Comfort Food, from Trisha Yearwood
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...