A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,376
Currently Running With Scissors:
418 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Venezia from Interweave Winter 06 by Eunny Jang  (Read 74636 times)
Tags for this thread: eunny_jang  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jejune
Grand Vizier

Arrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: February 19, 2007 03:32:45 PM »

Wow!  I love your color choices.  That's one gorgeous sweater you're making.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://knittingkninja.com/ - the inevitable blog
rorosity
« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2007 03:42:30 PM »

Martini...

That looks beautiful.  I guess there is hope.  What size needles are you using for the body?

I ripped mine all out.  I really want to start up again, but I am helping my daughter with a speech and I am trying to get ready to go for Stitches West on Wednesday.  I still have homework to do for that, but I would rather work on Venezia.

Jeannine
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MartiniMonsters
« Reply #222 on: February 19, 2007 04:37:37 PM »

Thanks everyone, I'm using knitpicks circulars 0, 1, 2. The 2 is 3mm, 1 is 2.5 mm and 0 is 2 mm. I'm using the 2 for the colorwork so it should be the same, I must just be working it really tightly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissLulu
« Reply #223 on: February 19, 2007 08:57:43 PM »

it looks beautiful! i just started the  armhole steeks/shaping. i'm trying very hard to enjoy the journey of this sweater and not push myself to get to the destination, but i am so eager for it to be done.

i knit for 9 hours yesterday and my neck and shoulders are killing me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldengrrl
Val and Miss Cleo

L'il Miss Cleo

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 20, 2007 10:35:09 AM »

MartiniMonsters,
Do you mind sharing your colors?  I'm still so torn over what to do.  I know I can't swap out colors myself, no one around the bay area sells the Jamieson, but I not sure about the pattern colors either. 

What colors did you use?

Thanks
Val
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peppersaskatoon
« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2007 12:03:06 PM »

Where in the Bay Area, goldengrrl?  Uncommon Threads in downtown Los Altos has tons.  They even mailed me a couple balls of a color they were out of, at no extra charge.  It really does help is nice to see the yarn in person.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007 05:54:44 PM by peppersaskatoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MartiniMonsters
« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2007 12:11:08 PM »

goldengrrl - It's really easy to swap colors actually, I bought mine online so I didn't see the colors in person. I kept the pattern colors the same, so Sand, Mooskit/White, Mooskit, and Yellow Ochre, and I kept the border the same, Old Gold. Then I just decided I wanted greens and picked five of them going from light to dark, Pistachio, Chartreuse, Granny Smith, Ivy, Olive. So you could easily pick a color theme you want and pick five that you like going from light to dark and change the border color to match it better if you wanted. I had a lot of fun picking out the colors, if you want, PM and I could help you pick some out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissLulu
« Reply #227 on: February 24, 2007 10:43:42 AM »

Hi everyone - I have almost finished the body. Here's a progress shot (please excuse the ungodly amount of remotes). I still have to tack the bottom, which is why its curling up.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2007 12:40:01 PM by MissLulu » THIS ROCKS   Logged
montcalmknits
« Reply #228 on: February 24, 2007 08:18:12 PM »

-Miss Lulu-  Your progress looks great!!  I really like the subdued color palette- did you just use 2 colors there? 

Question for those who've made it past the steeking- do you find the sizing of the pattern to be pretty true? 

I'd like to make this sweater, but I found the last sweater I made by Eunny (the deep v argyle) to be really long in the bodice..  I know I will probably need to do some math and serious row gauge counting to make this sweater- but generally, does the fit seem true according to the pattern sizing? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moiraine
« Reply #229 on: February 25, 2007 07:36:07 AM »

Hi everyone - I have almost finished the body. Here's a progress shot

Wow, it looks great!  You seem to be moving along with it very quickly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photography and the Green Screen
Motion Capture Texturing Tutorial
3D Editing Systems Review
How to Use Photoshop CS4
How to Darken Background - A Photography Technique
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...