A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Venezia from Interweave Winter 06 by Eunny Jang  (Read 64528 times)
Tags for this thread: eunny_jang  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Moiraine
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2007 08:35:22 AM »

Rorosity,
Can you post the link to where you bought the kit? That's a great idea!
I don't think I can swap out colors either.
Thanks!
Val

I'm not Rorosity  Wink, but here's the link.
http://www.yarnandfiber.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=375_643&osCsid=15f8a4f5696df45b6999920d0fb56ee2
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldengrrl
Val and Miss Cleo

L'il Miss Cleo

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2007 10:07:39 AM »

Moiranine, thanks so much for sharing this link!!!
I'm so tempted to order RIGHT NOW, but Stitches West  is in two weeks!  ugh!
Val
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftyjuliet
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2007 11:59:26 AM »

Has anyone thought to convert this into a Cardigan, either zipped or buttoned?

As a large-busted lady, crew necks do not flatter my figure.  So, I was thinking to either knit as a V-neck or scoop neck or even steeking up the front to make as Cardigan.

Now, this will be my first steeking project, but I'm ready to dive right in! 

I'm thinking that after I steek up the middle, I would just pick up stiches along the cut edge and knit an edge for the zipper or button band.  How else could this be done?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, so far I have found that Yarn & Fiber Co. seem to have the least expensive price for the yarn called for, no? ($4.30/ball)

Cheers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rorosity
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2007 12:13:15 PM »

I checked around and Yarn and Fiber seemed the best bet.  They take Paypal, too.  They shipped the same day, which is a plus and they have a good return policy. 

I am going to Stitches West, too.  It probably was not the wisest thing to do...buying the kit now, but I couldn't control my enthusiam!  Ha ha....plus, it's my birthday next week, so I am justifying it.  I also ordered the yarn for the Cardigan for Arwen in the same IK magazine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cnp71201
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2007 12:33:24 PM »

I would love to make mine a V-neck, for the same reasons as you. I just don't know how to do it. If anyone goes for it, I would love you forever if you'd share the instructions! :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2007 02:34:57 PM »

do you have a copy of eunny's deep v argyle vest? I think that if you charted it out and drew it out you could probably find a way to modify the neckline, in her deep v when you get to the base of the v you take 11 stitches off onto scrap thread, then co 9 for the center steek and then you work up, decreasing every so often next to the front steek to create a v when you cut the steek open
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
craftyjuliet
« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2007 03:35:11 PM »

I do not have a copy of that Argyle pattern.   Embarrassed

However the technique sounds fascinating!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moiraine
« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2007 04:21:57 PM »

CraftyJuliet, Eunny Jang's steeking tutorial gives a great description of how to make steeks (including neck steeks) like Superstitch described.  It sure helped me make sense of the whole steeking process, since I've never done them before.

I am planning to make a modified Venezia with a scoop neck and long sleeves.  I plotted out the entire sweater in Excel as it is written in my size to get a complete understanding of how it all fits together.  I plotted the front/back together side by side and the sleeves separately.  Then I made a copy to make all of my adjustments on. (By the way, in Excel, I made the row height "14" and the width "2" to make nice little squares.  One square = one stitch).  It's very time consuming and detailed work (which I enjoy), but it makes it easy to visualize how exactly the pattern will lay out and how all of the modifications will look.  I'm sure there's an easier method, but this works for me.   Wink

I took lots of measurements on both myself and sweaters I currently own to figure out what I want the sweater dimensions to be.  I will be doing a scoop neck using the technique similar to what Superstich described.  I'm still working it all out, but I am hoping to do short row shoulders with a three needle bind off.  I'll then knit on a neckband like the bottom of the sweater.  I will also lengthen the sleeves and work the wrists like the bottom of the sweater too. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rorosity
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2007 08:12:53 PM »

I received my yarn and needles today. Yay!  Perfect timing.  Tomorrow is my fair isle class, so I should have a beginner's grasp on two handed stranded by tomorrow evening. I'm kind of nervous to start.  I know it's going to be challenging and I don't want to mess it up.  I will probably be asking a lot of questions around here.  Tongue

Regarding colors....I was a little nervous about purchasing the original colors.  Actually, I like the gold, but I was worried about the blues.  Not to worry, the colors are really gorgeous and much nicer (and I think they are nice in the photos) than the pic.  I am happy I stuck to the original colors.

Jeannine
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rorosity
« Reply #189 on: February 17, 2007 10:02:01 PM »

Okay, major problems....I am having problems just casting on.  There must be something wrong with me.  I am making a huge mess of this.  How in the heck did you all cast on all those stitches (with that provisional cast on) and then join them without twisting them all up?

Did you use the same type of yarn or a thicker yarn for the provisional yarn?  Any other tips?  I want to get started, but I cannot believe it's already stumping me.

Jeannine
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to BBQ Lamb Burgers with Mountain Gorgonzola
How to Make a Cajun Sausage Sautee
How to Make BBQ Lamb Kebabs and Thai Pesto
How to Make Curry Chicken Salad
How to Make Chili Cinnamon Salmon with Mango Salsa Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...