A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
472 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Venezia from Interweave Winter 06 by Eunny Jang  (Read 64522 times)
Tags for this thread: eunny_jang  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

evelinaberg
« Reply #170 on: February 11, 2007 04:38:38 AM »

MartiniMonsters, the colours look great!
I've also chosen to work with greens instead of the blues, but I will work with two shades of pink where your lighter greens are. I will order the yarn by the end of the month, can't wait to get started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blistex
« Reply #171 on: February 11, 2007 12:29:19 PM »

Hey all,

I just found this thread and thought I would join in the fun. I am about 5 inches into the sweater, after doing lengthy calculations to figure out how to lengthen it without compromising the pattern. I've chosen colors that don't resemble the original colors at all - pinks, browns, blues, and red - and I love the overall effect.

Here is my Venezia so far:

<a href="http://www.knittermonkey.com/pics/venezia-progress.jpg">http://www.knittermonkey.com/pics/venezia-progress.jpg</a> (Apparently I am not allowed to actually post a picture because I haven't posted here before, sorry.)

Hopefully the hem won't flip out so much once it's done and blocked...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cnp71201
« Reply #172 on: February 11, 2007 01:44:20 PM »

Oh, wow, that is beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
sugarpie
« Reply #173 on: February 12, 2007 10:29:22 AM »

I can't wait to see how your sweaters turn out.  This looks so hard to me.  i just figured out how to ssk for goodness sake.   Ha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 12, 2007 10:42:39 AM »

okay, i just cast on for this last night! What a ridiculous amount of stitches! I'm only on row 11 of the stockinette hem so i dont have anything to show yet. I really need to get a longer size 2 circ, i'm working on a 24inch with 356 stitches and it looks like i'm knitting a tiny ruffle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2007 12:58:30 AM »

okay so this is 2 days of serious knitting even though it doesn't look like much. This is definitely not a quick knit. My progress is laying on top of my swatch so you can see my colors.

The invisible folded hem took up a lot of time and now that i'm working the pattern it is going a little bit quicker. Did anyone see anything about how much ease is built in? I am knitting the 46inch and it says that it is 46 inches at the widest part of the bottom, mine is bigger than that and i am getting gague, so i'm not sure whats up with that
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
wists
Moiraine
« Reply #176 on: February 13, 2007 06:57:04 AM »

Did anyone see anything about how much ease is built in? I am knitting the 46inch and it says that it is 46 inches at the widest part of the bottom, mine is bigger than that and i am getting gague, so i'm not sure whats up with that

According to that pattern diagram, you should be getting a finished measurment of 46".  Also, if you take your cast on number of 356 and divide it by the pattern stitch gauge, you get 356/7.75 = 45.93".  Which is ~ 46" like the diagram shows.  It seems your gauge must be a bit off if your sweater is turning out larger.  Maybe try re-measuring your stitch gauge over a wider area and see if it truly is 7.75 sts/in or slightly less.  If you're off by just 0.25 sts/in (i.e. getting 7.5 sts/in), it will add 1-1/2 inches to the circumference of your sweater.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2007 01:05:55 AM »

okay, here is today's progress, hopefully i'm not boring everyone to death with my pictures, i am in love

I think i figured out my gague issue. My gague swatch was done in all fairisle, i didn't do any plain stockinette rows to emulate the hem, and my fairisle is tighter than my hem, so i think my hem may be a bit rufflier than the sweater, hopefully i can block things evenly later, if not i will rip off the hem and just rib the bottom
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
wists
rorosity
« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2007 04:57:03 AM »

I ordered the yarn for this project from Yarn and Fiber Company.  They had a kit made up, so I just stuck with the original colors.  It was getting way too complicated trying to change out the colors.  I was afraid I would make a mess of things.

This is going to be a very challenging project.  It will probably take me forever to make it, but I really want to do this.  I am taking a class on Saturday with the owners of Philosopher's wool on how to do their two handed fair isle.  They are in the area for Stitches West and they are teaching a class at one of my local yarn stores (Black Sheep Knittery in Hollywood, if anyone wants to sign up).

Jeannine
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldengrrl
Val and Miss Cleo

L'il Miss Cleo

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2007 06:50:42 AM »

Rorosity,
Can you post the link to where you bought the kit? That's a great idea!
I don't think I can swap out colors either.
Thanks!
Val
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fry and Serve Fried Green Tomatoes
How to Bread Tomatoes when Making Fried Green Tomatoes
How to Make Onion Tomato Ragu to Garnish Fried Green Tomatoes
How to Make Preserved Lemons to Garnish Fried Green Tomatoes
How to Make Ricotta Salata to Garnish Fried Green Tomatoes
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...