A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
322 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Venezia from Interweave Winter 06 by Eunny Jang  (Read 69833 times)
Tags for this thread: eunny_jang  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frozenknitter
« on: October 22, 2006 11:00:18 PM »

The magazine doesn't come out till November, but the preview is up on the Interweave Knits website listing what yarn to buy.  I have already ordered and received my yarn, just waiting for the pattern now....  Anybody else wanna join in?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I admit it.  I blog. 
bunchkinknits.blogspot.com
alicelovester
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006 11:08:35 PM »

Will you post a link? All I can find is the list of patterns that will be included.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EmilyFlew
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

..sweets4ever is so rad..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006 06:18:59 AM »

Wow, I totally wanted to make this the second I saw the photo, but them's some expensive yarn! I wonder if knitpicks palette would work? http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/itemid_5420132/yarn_display

Oh and Alice, here's the photos: http://www.interweave.com/knit/interweave_knits/preview/2006_winter.asp
THIS ROCKS   Logged

technocutie, handmade iPod cases and felt accoutrements
thoughts and days.

I <3 the mod squad ladies!
magnoliacoffee
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006 07:50:31 AM »

I am totally in for this one.

I've been having Eunny withdrawal since finishing the Deep V.  I need fair isel!  I need a beautiful FO!

Also, that would be great if Palette works for this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
magnoliacoffee
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006 08:05:56 AM »

Wow, I was just killing time before staff meeting, and the variety of colors in the recommended yarn is ASTOUNDING!

Here's a link to the color chart for the Jamieson's Spindrift:http://www.camillavalleyfarm.com/knit/jamiesonsspindriftcolours.htm

As compared to Knitpicks palette:  (A link for those who would like one: http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/itemid_5420132/yarn_display)

My thought on Palette used to be "ooooh, pretty!"  and now are tending more toward "DAMN, what a tiny color palette for a yarn named PALETTE!"

Oh well, I figured this project would be one of epic proportions any way I looked at it. I just wasn't expecting the drama to start with yarn selection.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cnp71201
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006 10:18:54 AM »

I'm going to follow this thread, though I am not going to knit this myself yet... but I really love this design! I may ask for the yarn for Christmas, since I think it's going to be pretty pricey.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
goldengrrl
Val and Miss Cleo

L'il Miss Cleo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006 12:30:09 PM »

Ok, talk me out of it.  I love Eunny, but I have never done fairisle before  Sad
This is too much for a beginner, right?  I should try something simpler for my first fairisle project, right?  Please talk me out of it Wink

Val
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aurelia615
Rrriot Librrrarian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006 12:30:50 PM »

This is the one that calls for the Spindrift, right?  I think this sweater is great, but 8st/inch and size 2 needles?!  I could knit ten other sweaters in the time it takes to knit one of these... however, as it is such a pretty pattern, I will no doubt be following this thread just to look at the photos of FOs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Listen to me.  These people walk imaginary pets.  On a f***ing leash. And they're all heavily armed and drunk.  New York is boring.  I'll call you later."  -John Cusack in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
My blog: http://cabbageeatsyarn.blogspot.com
frozenknitter
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006 01:13:19 PM »

If palette had more colors it could work, but there just aren't enough.   I looked all over the internet for substitute yarns, and came to conclusion that I was just going to have to buy the yarn called for.  I had to order from 2 different vendors, and still am missing one color.  Two Swans yarns had a good price on the yarn and free shipping.  It's kind of like a treasure hunt finding all of the colors. 
And about it being on small needles and small gauge, just look at it as a money saving technique.  Hear me out.  Smaller needles, smaller gauge, equals more knitting time for the same amount of money for yarn as a large gauge sweater that will be done quickly an then you need another project.  (We knitters have to find some way to justify our craziness  Wink )  Besides, Eunny knit hers in FIVE FREAKIN DAYS! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I admit it.  I blog. 
magnoliacoffee
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006 01:22:40 PM »

Eunny could probably knit a cozy to cover my house in five days, but I suppose that's beside the point.  Fair Isle is the only thing that can hold my attention for long stretches anyway.  (It's the perfect ADD knitting.)

goldengrrl:  I'd say definitely try a smaller fair isle project before tackling this one.  (Preferably one that you can get done before the new Interweave comes out so that you can be in the thick of it with us.) I'll hunt around on the internet to see if I can find anything that might be appropriate.  But once you've fallen in love with it, it's quite addictive.  My first fair isle was the capelet on the cover of Wrap Style and I've been hooked ever since.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
10 Things You Might Not Know About Isabel Marant
Style Sound-Off: Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson
How to Wear Over-the-Knee Boots
Vintage Bowles - Nina Ricci at Chantal Dagommer Paris Shop
From the Vogue Closet - Pretty in Pink
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...