A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,727
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: More Quita clothes!  (Read 12003 times)
Tags for this thread: pet_costume  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mamabunnycat
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2004 08:16:50 PM »

I use velcro for the front too.  I was thinking of using the buckles for the front and then regular velcro for the belly.. I figured if the neck is extremely secure... the belly doesnt really have to be also.  kinda like a collar.

anyway I think the costume will come out wonderful!!  I bought some white sherpa for a coat I was making quita but she got alot bigger from when I started it and now it doesnt fit her!  now I have to buy more fabric and make her a new one because she needs it!  hehe.  its a coat like this...

same color and everything.. but for dogs   Grin

I couldnt find the faux fur for the hood though so I just used the sherpa.. but now that I need to buy more fabric to make a new coat.. I'm gonna keep looking until I find the fur.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookwormbry

Dressing the world, one dog at a time

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2004 09:39:08 PM »

Isn't sewing for dogs so much fun?? (That's my pup in my avatar, wearing her cowgirl costume.)

Your dog is adorable, and those clothes are excellent!

aww your dog is so cute!  I love her color... does she have green eyes?Huh 
are you going to dress her up for halloween?  I think I might make Quita a batgirl outfit or a pumpkin (i was a pumpkin for like 5 years in a row when I was little! hehe)

LOL, no, she doesn't have green eyes, that's just the flash - like red eye in humans. She actually has light brown eyes. Smiley And she does have great coloring. I'll pass on your compliment, it will surely make her head swell. Smiley

And of COURSE she's dressing up for halloween! She's going to be Minnie Mouse. Smiley Last year she was a ballerina, with a tutu.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mamabunnycat
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2004 06:06:58 AM »

hehe do dogs even Have green eyes?  I know I've seen blue.. like one at the pet store that was so beautiful and grey colored with blue eyes!  poor thing. 

minnie mouse!  hehe I wanted to get Quita the minnie mouse hat from Disney but wow it was expensive..

well.. im not so sure if its actually Minnies hat but anyway it was so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookwormbry

Dressing the world, one dog at a time

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2004 05:28:45 PM »

hehe do dogs even Have green eyes?  I know I've seen blue.. like one at the pet store that was so beautiful and grey colored with blue eyes!  poor thing. 

minnie mouse!  hehe I wanted to get Quita the minnie mouse hat from Disney but wow it was expensive..

well.. im not so sure if its actually Minnies hat but anyway it was so cute!

I've never seen a dog with green eyes... hmm, I wonder if it's possible. I'll have to google it, LOL.

I know!! I wanted to buy Toga (my pup) ears when we were at Disneyland (they had soo many different ears made especially for pets!) but I too balked at the price!! So I think I'll make my own, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Darbyd
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2004 12:08:22 PM »

I just love the bunny outfit!  I read your post for the coat, that was great.  If you could possibly give me some idea on the bunny outfit that would be great.  I have a 5lb yorkie.
Darbyd
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rosemary
Youtube Queen

Youtube Queen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2004 02:46:53 PM »

gaaaaw
*nags her mother to buy her a puppy*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Youtube Channel:  http://www.youtube.com/charlieisagirl

Makeup/Clothing Tutorials:   http://www.youtube.com/stardustandunicorns

Formspring:  http://www.formspring.me/charlieisagirl

SUBZIES??? 
KTHXBAI
disorientedx

be yourself... and you'll always be in fashion.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2004 04:01:39 PM »

Surcingles are what they use to keep horse blankets on- you pair them with wide elastic bands for the best fit. Here's a photo: http://www.seattlefabrics.com/images/wpe1A.jpg I've seen them in 2" and 1.5" but not any smaller.

I'm making Annie a bunny suit for halloween! Here's my inspiration:

wow. that is the cutest thing i have eveer seen. u guys are so lucky ur dogs are willing to wear it.. in the past my dogs have hated wearing clothes..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

be yourself... and you'll always be in fashion.
Lindsayanne
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2004 04:25:46 PM »

I'm so afraid to start the bunny suit. I bought just enough of the sherpa fabric to do it and now I'm scared stiff! I've never made something with sleeves or a hood or anything like that!!

I was trying to think of a cheap fabric similar in "bendiness" to sherpa but all I have on hand is denim. Think that would work? Then I could make it and if it turned out bad I wouldn't have wasted a yard of $12/yd fabric!

We're going to a dog event on October 17 and there's a doggie costume contast though, so I'm all over winning it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cornflakegirl
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2004 12:22:14 PM »

Hey! shirts? I didn't know you could do shirts!!! I want one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hotgluegungal
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2004 03:12:19 PM »

I wish my dog wouldn't act so crazy and wear the stuff I made for her! I tried it when she was 4 years old and she had a fit- rolled on the ground until she got 'em off! Sadly, now she is to fat to wear anything. She is a small dog, almost like a daschound, and weighs 54 pounds  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cut Fish for Sashimi
How to Prepare a Sushi Plate
Making Tuna Maki
Making Wasabi
How to Make Sushi Rice
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...