A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,029
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone from Dunedin?  (Read 3051 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craft.geek
« on: October 22, 2006 03:47:15 PM »

Hi everyone,

Is anyone out there living in Dunedin?  I'm moving down there in a couple of weeks, and I really want to find some other crafty people.  Does anyone know if there is a Stitch 'n Bitch group in Dunedin?  And where are the cool places to go?  Not just for craft supplies, but for gigs, food etc etc.

Thanks!

Julia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittensOMG
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006 11:02:53 PM »

Me!

I'm living in Dunedin. But I have to say, there is a distinct lack of craft related shops here! Plenty of cool places to eat, hang out etc. though. Awesome coffee shops with noticeboards for gigs etc are Modaks, the good oil, Vertigo... okay, there's tons more but I'm at work so I'll come back and add to this later!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittensOMG
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006 11:52:06 PM »

... and I'm back. Another cool one is Nova. Why am I listing all coffee shops on a craft board?! Haha. Anyway, there are some 'craft markets' but I think they're relatively new and I don't know how well populated they are. I do know there is a poster advertising them on the doors of the centre city mall sewing/knitting shop! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions/want to know where to buy stuff/etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nataleeza
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006 12:01:21 PM »

Yeah, there is a bit of a lack of craft stuff, but it really depends what you are into.

I haven't heard of a stitch n bitch anywhere in town, though at the moment I'm trying to teach some friend at my place, with hopes of taking it out into the big wide world in 6 months or so!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.
~ B. F. Skinner
craft.geek
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006 08:20:01 PM »

Thanks so much for your help!  I have to say, the weather down here is a big improvement on Wellington.  I think I'm going to like it.  Maybe I'll start a stitch 'n bitch once I've settled in...

julia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittensOMG
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006 07:02:09 PM »

I'm glad you like it down here! Yeah, the weather's not bad. What is stitch 'n bitch? I might be interested Smiley What brings you down here, if you don't mind me asking?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craft.geek
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006 03:02:34 PM »

There are Stitch 'n Bitch groups all over the world.  They are usually knitting focussed, although I'm keen on starting a general alternative craft group.  People just get together and knit, or embroider, or whatever! 

I've moved to Dunedin because my partner has a job here.  I'll be studying by distance next year.  At the moment, I'm just desperately hunting for a house Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

willownz
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006 04:12:44 PM »

Knit World in town has a knitting group on Wednesday mornings from 10am. The Stitchery across from the oval has a sewing group too. There is also a spinners and weavers guild which meets in Rosyln. I take my 1 year old to the Knit World group. It's fun we sit and knit and chat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Purpley Goodness

Increase The Peace!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007 03:29:38 PM »

Hi there!
I am from Dunedin too, and would be keen to be involved in a stitch and bitch or similar if anyone is interested!  I work full time though.  I am mainly interested in beadwork/textiles but am also a novice knitter and have some sewing projects to get started on.  Great to see Dunners represented on craftster!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craft.geek
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007 07:43:45 PM »

Thanks for that, I had no idea that Knit World ran a group.

I'm slowly working on the Dunedin Stitch 'n Bitch idea.  I'd like it to be a group that is not just for knitting, but for all sorts of crafty things.  Will keep you all posted!

j
x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lily Kwong Shares Her Amazing Style Sense
Three Ways to Wear Metallic Fabrics
Trend Takeout: Party Time
How to Wear Metallics
3 Ways to Wear Mesh Clothing
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...