A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,922
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Interweave Crochet  (Read 12975 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ilovemyff
« on: September 09, 2004 03:25:34 PM »

Has anyone gotten their hot little hands on the premier issue of Interweave Crochet yet? I believe it was suppose to hit the stands Sep.7. I haven't had a chance to go get one yet and I"m dying to know if it is as good as Interweave Knits.

Kara
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SuperBA

..its..my..life..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004 06:51:41 PM »

Whats Interweave Crochet? o.Oa what kinda stuff does it have in it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And I know my church is not of silver and gold
Its glory lies beyond the judgement of souls
My sacrament..
-HIM
greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004 07:07:04 PM »

I got it about a week ago (bought it on the presale from the website). There are several nice bags to make, some nice sweaters, plenty of info, and several projects that incorporate knitting and crochet. I think that it is as good as the regular Knits.

Jill
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wootwoot

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004 07:23:28 PM »

I don't really crochet, but I looked at it while I was at Borders the other day and was tempted to buy it just because it had such cute stuff in it.  There were a few things that I didn't like, but overall, I thought it was great.  I thought that the skirt on the front cover was especially cute.  I just might have to learn to crochet a little better...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeppyCat
I've never licked a spark plug.

www.beppycat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2004 07:44:08 AM »

I'm so excited about this issue!  It's about time that crochet got the royal treatment from a magazine that knitting always gets, lol.  I wish there would be an Interweave Crochet magazine permently.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And I don't look good in leggings.

http://beppycat.blogspot.com/
Lurkers and commentors welcome.
Lots of crocheting and sewing and knitting!  Pretty much my life for your consumption.
ilovemyff
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2004 11:41:00 AM »

I finally got a copy yesterday! I like a lot of the projects but some I wouldn't be caught dead in. I'm glad they included a bag project with Lion Brand yarn. My main complaint with these high quality magazines is you gotta sell your first born in order to afford the yarn! I usually substitute anyway.

Kara
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redpixiegrrl

Spinsters of the world unite!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004 08:19:24 PM »

Hey all. Been "gone" for a while and just lurking lately......

I just bought the mag yesterday and love it. I'm planning on writing them and begging them to do more issues. I was a bit surprised at the editor's letter though. She acts as though people who know how to knit have never picked up a crochet hook. Has any one else found this to be true?

Lots of cool projects, but like "ilovemyff" most of the yarn they use is on the
pricey side.....but a lot of chain craft stores (like JoAnn's where I work) carry yarn very much like the kind shown...after all, do I really need a yarn that is part wool, part silk and part cashmere?  Roll Eyes

Better Homes & Gardens is supposed to be releasing the second issue of their yearly crochet mag in October. Anyone heard anything about it?

Take care,
Jodi
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004 08:36:09 PM by redpixiegrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

For kitsch and retro fun, visit my Swell Spinster Store!

http://www.zazzle.com/contributors/home/default.asp?cid=238469330628156288
greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004 06:24:02 AM »

Just finished the Colorsplash Handbag last night and will post pictures in the completed section. Easy pattern, but kind of tricky with the yarn.

Jill
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indiaromeo
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004 07:19:21 AM »

I'm so excited about this magazine. It's so nice to finally see crochet patterns that I like enough to make and wear! Although I learned to crochet years before I ever took up knitting needles, I never really gave it a chance for anything other than blankets and small projects because I never really liked the way that crocheted garments look. Recently, I've been experimenting with my own crochet patterns, but this magazine has really kickstarted my imagination - since I got it, I've been a crocheting machine! I already made the fan-stitch sweater (I forgot the name of the pattern - it's the one made with Rowan Big Wool that the red-haired model wears), and I'm going to start the skirt next. Oh, and I can't wait to make the sweater with the granny squares on the front. And isn't that white dress gorgeous?!?

I really really really hope they'll keep publishing new issues - and I hope they'll make them more regular. I'd subscribe in a heartbeat!

[end gushing and raving]

P.S. I agree with redpixiegrrl about the editor's letter. But I think it's just a matter of time before crocheting gets to be as "hip" as knitting is, and it won't be very long before it's totally commonplace for knitters to be crocheters and vice versa. I think the editor was trying to make the point that a lot of knitters are starting to give crocheting a second look because publications (like Interweave) are starting to publish patterns that appeal to the "new generation" of knitters and crocheters who want modern looking patterns. And it's about time for someone to pay attention to us crocheters, no?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovely things for lovely people: www.indiaromeo.com
Because MALL is a four-letter word: www.thehandmademarket.com
Handcrafted adornments for body & home: www.thehandmaidens.com
ilovemyff
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004 07:16:58 PM »

Redpixiegirl,

Thanks for the heads up about the Better HOmes and Garden Crochet. I have the premier issue and really enjoyed it but was never sure when the next issues were coming out.

Kara
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Selena Gomez Hair Part 2/2
How to Get Selena Gomez Hair Part 1/2
How to Get Miley Cyrus Hair
How to Get Hollywood Glam Hair
How to Get a Side Ponytail
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...