A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Interweave Crochet  (Read 11555 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dreamin2
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2004 02:01:07 PM »

I loved this magazine. I plan on making the interlocking ring sweater and the cranesbill square blouse (but will be omitting the squares that go across the chest). I'm also absolutely in love with that dress!

I also really enjoyed the last page article on Lily Chin.

Although the granny squares on 49 irritated me to no end. I kept getting stuck on the first square. I even had someone else try and do it and they got stuck too. which is a shame because I really liked it. my friend did the other square on the page successfully, but she said she saw a couple of errors but were easily caught. I don't know if it's because I'm a pretty new crocheter that I had problems with the first one or what. But it definitely made me not want to buy 200 crochet blocks (from which the patterns came) anymore. I'll think I'll sit down one day, and really try and work it out. If anyone else does the first square let me know how you found the instructions.

Other than that though, i would love to see another issue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amie

Get Hooked on Style!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004 05:30:40 PM »

I would love to see another issue too.  This issue seemed like it was for the young next-gen Beatnik variety, which is cool.  I would like to see another issue with a different focus.  Perhaps a more high-fashion glam angle, or a focus on things to make for the home.

I feel if crocheters email/contact Interweave Knits to express their delight at the issue, then perhaps they'll be inclined to do more of them in the future. 

P.S.  I really like the cute pillow with the basketweave effect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coolbeans

This hot chocolate is so frothy.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2004 11:25:29 AM »

So, I've been to different bookstores in the city where I live in Saskatoon, SK Canada and I can't seem to find it. So, I was just wondering where is the best place to buy this magazine online?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indiaromeo
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2004 11:33:48 AM »

From interweave.com, of course!  Wink http://www.interweave.com/knit/crochet.asp
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovely things for lovely people: www.indiaromeo.com
Because MALL is a four-letter word: www.thehandmademark et.com
Handcrafted adornments for body & home: www.thehandmaidens. com
dreamin2
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2004 12:37:37 AM »

I am attempting the Tunisan Vest for bf ... hoping I will finish it by Christmas... am I too ambitious?  First try at following a pattern.  Grin

Oh wow. that was such a great vest. Hope you get it done before christmas, I think your bf will love it. How is the tunisian crochet? It seems rather difficult, but interesting to try and attempt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coolbeans

This hot chocolate is so frothy.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2004 11:16:22 AM »

Thanks IndiaRomeo, I'm so nerdy why didn't I look there. But I found a copy at the Superstore here and I took a look in it.  I really like the first sweater and it has some cute hats.  I'm still debating about getting it.  I spend way to much on crochet stuff and fabric.  I don't want my hubby to kill me. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Coffee Bean
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005 09:00:53 AM »

Hey guys. I thought all of you would like to know that they have now posted photos & supply list info for all of the new projects. Some of the items are cute but overall I'm on the fence. I guess I'm disappointed that there are two poncho patterns (wasted on me) since you can find many a free such patterns on the web. Please post opinions.

http://tinyurl.com/9238k

I'm most excited about the FREE projects page. Woo-hoo.

http://tinyurl.com/au69j
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005 10:36:10 AM »

I won't be buying that one.. I am glad to have not gone to the store just to be disappointed.  I hate being disappointed when a new issue comes out (most of the time that is the case unfortunately)

I am beginning to think that I should never look at magazines.  I hate to think of all the good projects that got turned down only to have a crooked sweater put in... no offense to the designer but I like my sweaters to have a nice straight bottom and not hanging low on one side.  that would drive me nuts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
dansk
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2005 11:45:51 AM »

Thanks for the link!

I think the zig zag skirt is cute and I really like the hemp flowers necklace, although if I made it I would make some alterations to it. I don't like how it's tight to the neck . The textured tweed clutch is one of the better patterns I have seen for a crocheted handbag. I think the flowered tea cozy would also make a great bag!

If you modified the Quilted Medallion Scarf a bit and attached it to the neckline of a cardigan it would look like one of the fall 2005 Anthropologie sweaters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amie

Get Hooked on Style!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2005 12:44:37 PM »

I liked the skirt and the brown handbag too. The tank was cute as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Worst Dressed at Golden Globes...Ever?
Different Celebrities With the Same Dress
Grammys Red-Carpet Style
Jessica Chastain Vs Anne Hathaway Style
Oscars Red Carpet Highlights
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...