A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,154
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Milk packages - things I could do with kids! HELP!*  (Read 615 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

p0orcelain
sweet bombom

sweet bombom

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2006 06:25:38 AM »

Hello!!
I was wondering if anyone could help me!
I would like to know if you have any idea of what I could do with this packages, some things to try with the kids to make them sensitive for the politics of recycling and reusing!

Thank you for your time!!******
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xx_skalicous_xx
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006 07:00:16 AM »

First, i must say you have way cuter milk carton thingies than we do. hmmm. here's a few random ideas:
Make little purses- like cut them in half down to the bottom, then glue a little piece of fabric on each side, then hole punch 4 little holes in the top, and have them bead with those kiddie beads [i forget the name] on some string and tie it for handles. I'm not sure if it would work. looked kinda cute in my mind. you could even use lie recycled fabric from like to small shirts and beads from an old necklace or something. they could also paint the box first.

Vase- [yes, i think of girlie projects] cut off the top and have them paint it. Then maybe you can take pipe cleaners and some "recycled" tissue paper from gifts or some scrap construction paper and make those little flowers like they make with tissue paper. They can look really cool with the comics section of an old newspaper too.

I was thinking crafty and younger kids. so i hope they might have helped =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[[insert something spiffy to say HERE]]
p0orcelain
sweet bombom

sweet bombom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006 07:35:32 AM »

First, i must say you have way cuter milk carton thingies than we do. hmmm. here's a few random ideas:
Make little purses- like cut them in half down to the bottom, then glue a little piece of fabric on each side, then hole punch 4 little holes in the top, and have them bead with those kiddie beads [i forget the name] on some string and tie it for handles. I'm not sure if it would work. looked kinda cute in my mind. you could even use lie recycled fabric from like to small shirts and beads from an old necklace or something. they could also paint the box first.

Vase- [yes, i think of girlie projects] cut off the top and have them paint it. Then maybe you can take pipe cleaners and some "recycled" tissue paper from gifts or some scrap construction paper and make those little flowers like they make with tissue paper. They can look really cool with the comics section of an old newspaper too.

I was thinking crafty and younger kids. so i hope they might have helped =]

Thanks!
My first Ideia was also to make vases! like the ones you put a bean wrapped in cotton and some drops of water to watch it grow to a plant!

Also the purse would be nice!

I have to figure out something more... to really improve the activiteis in primary school so that they can take home to their parents and slowly start to re-use and recyle pacakes...

Thanks***
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phreeduh
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006 01:15:46 PM »

make little box cars, like stick a straw or something through the box and put buttons or something for wheels, and then have a race? and a contest for best decorated? or maybe the same idea but make boats?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

there's a hole in the bottom of the sea. did you know?
p0orcelain
sweet bombom

sweet bombom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006 02:02:12 PM »

make little box cars, like stick a straw or something through the box and put buttons or something for wheels, and then have a race? and a contest for best decorated? or maybe the same idea but make boats?

waw that looks like a pretty cool idea!
thanks!!
maybe i'll try that!***
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftysunday

oh, trusty vans...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006 08:45:57 PM »

a bit like the vase idea, but...paint them, make 'em look pretty, and then fill them with soil and seeds...planters!

this is what the classroom teachers do with the kids at my school (i'm the librarian) , and they love it. herbs work well, as some are pretty easy to grow. hooray for recycling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Photoshop 1/2
how to Make a Picture Look Like A Painting in Photoshop
How to Create an Electric Text Effect In Photoshop
How to Use Camtasia Studio
How To Make A Custom Photoshop Brush
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...