A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,214
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knoxville Metropulse article:  (Read 2090 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Malina

Probably up to no good!

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2006 10:41:26 AM »

Did anyone else read this Metropulse article?  I LOVE IT!  I still think we should get all the crafties together and have a not your grandmothers craft fair in Market Square.  Grin

http://www.metropulse.com/articles/2006/16_40/gamut.shtml
THIS ROCKS   Logged

urban_albino

Open your mind, open your heart.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006 02:58:02 PM »

Thanks for that link!  That was a F'n A article.  I didn't know there was a craft club here in Knoxville called Crafty Kittens.  How do I join???  I want to join!  That would  be so much fun and I know that my fiance Samuel would def. come because he's been asking me to teach him how to sew and crochet.  Malina, do you know how to contact the originators of the Crafty Kittens? 

I would like to attend a meeting sometime.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just when the caterpillar thought it would die, it turned into a butterfly.
Malina

Probably up to no good!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006 02:59:59 PM »

Thanks for that link!  That was a F'n A article.  I didn't know there was a craft club here in Knoxville called Crafty Kittens.  How do I join???  I want to join!  That would  be so much fun and I know that my fiance Samuel would def. come because he's been asking me to teach him how to sew and crochet.  Malina, do you know how to contact the originators of the Crafty Kittens? 

I would like to attend a meeting sometime.

No, I'm wanting to find out myself.... I will make it my mission.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nuclearxheart
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006 07:13:59 AM »

i agree. i would love to know all these other women that craft. i feel like i am totally alone in my endeavors sometimes. none of my friends are even remotely interested in knitting or making things. if we can't find these other crafty girls, we should just start up our own little club.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Malina

Probably up to no good!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006 10:16:14 AM »

Yeah!  Maybe even get enough people to start a knoxville craft mafia! hehe  I really want to learn to knit I've decided.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nuclearxheart
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006 07:25:57 AM »

i learned to knit from the snb books of course. that and a few knitting videos online. i don't even have any friends that knit, so i had no one to help me learn. i just jumped in there and figured it out. i had a lot of frustrating moments, but i eventually got the hang of it. i still have yet to really knit anything besides hats, scarfs, and the occasional odd object like a capelet and i am working on a bag right now. i would really like to make a sweater. not for myself, that is too much of an endeavor, but maybe for my son. do you have a myspace page?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Malina

Probably up to no good!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006 09:05:12 AM »

i learned to knit from the snb books of course. that and a few knitting videos online. i don't even have any friends that knit, so i had no one to help me learn. i just jumped in there and figured it out. i had a lot of frustrating moments, but i eventually got the hang of it. i still have yet to really knit anything besides hats, scarfs, and the occasional odd object like a capelet and i am working on a bag right now. i would really like to make a sweater. not for myself, that is too much of an endeavor, but maybe for my son. do you have a myspace page?

I do.  It's myspace.com/myselfmalina  (I think) lol  I have  a link in my signature though if that isn't right  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nuclearxheart
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006 09:41:12 AM »

haha. i didn't even look at that. i have been a member of craftster for so long, but i am only just now getting around to actually posting and such. i love it though. so many good ideas and inspiration. everyone is so nice and supportive on here too. i have posted so very few of the things that i have made. i should do that more when i get the time. i have a 6 week old son and i just returned to work so i have a little more down time when i am working than i do at home. basically i am sitting at my desk all day, so i figure i will be productive and get some knitting done while i surf the internet. sundays are our slowest day too, so of course, i love being here on sundays. i can't access myspace at work, but i will look you up on it when i get home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beakonthenite
i like being uncomfortable so i can't stop changing all the time

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006 10:38:05 AM »

hey...i read that article too and was totally surprised by it.  I've only been in Knoxville for a year from San Francisco....I thought I was all alone... Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens summer...makes me think all the worlds a sunny day.
Malina

Probably up to no good!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006 11:06:17 AM »

hey...i read that article too and was totally surprised by it.  I've only been in Knoxville for a year from San Francisco....I thought I was all alone... Huh

Now if only we can find thse other rumored craftinistas!  My mom is giving me a book on how to knit and one on how to crochet and the yarn and needles.  I'm ready to embark on learning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
10 Iconic Golden Globes Gowns!
How to Wear Whatever You Want Without Risking a Slip!
How to Get Cleavage Without the Padded Bra
Have You Ever Seen Nicole Richie Look This Cool?
Fashion Friendly Winter Coats Review
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...