A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Long Island has a craftposse?  (Read 14879 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suzukibeane
« on: December 31, 2003 10:15:06 AM »

hey! any L.I. craftsters out there?

i will list the thrifts if anyone wants to know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VaguelyVogue
Lauri Loves You!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004 09:36:14 AM »

hey!

li craftster right here!!!

any others??

LaURi C.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flyhunnie7

too cool for the room

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004 06:37:15 PM »

i used to live on long island; i just moved this month, but there;s a lot of good thrift shops and craftstores. you just gotta look for them. right now i live in queens, and i almost miss the big-ass space for huge craft stores..... LIRR doesn't look too bad right now. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leftist.feminist.activist.journalist.
monkichee
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004 07:12:21 AM »

i used to live on long island; i just moved this month, but there;s a lot of good thrift shops and craftstores. you just gotta look for them. right now i live in queens, and i almost miss the big-ass space for huge craft stores..... LIRR doesn't look too bad right now. lol

i live in queens too, but i think it's miles above the other boroughs in terms of options.  at least we have smileys and up by my house, there's a big Rag Shop which has lots of crafty goodness.  i live in northeastern qns & have a car, so if there are must-visit crafty outlets esp in Nassau, definitely post them because I'm always popping around on weekends to new places. speaking of LIRR, there's a new weekend $2.50 fare which might come in handy for this sort of expedition.

suzukibeane - PLEASE list the good thrifts.  not only do i wanna shop them, i also have a car trunk full of things i purged but need a good place to donate.  thanks!

terra
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suzukibeane
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004 12:20:55 PM »

okay, i will tell you the big one, northern thrift on rt 110 is huge.

more to come
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EarthTones

Crafty Chicks ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2004 06:29:09 PM »

I know this thread was a little dusty, but I am a Long Island craft chick checking in!

I am a social worker by day and an artist/crafter 24/7/365 (366 in leap years!)  I dabble in just about anything that I can sink my hands into, but my main vices are stained glass mosaics, jewelry design, ceramics and sewing (although I am only a basic seamstress and will be taking classes to hone my craft!).  I have also played around with rubber stamping, fabric painting and fine art painting.  I know how to crochet but haven't done it in a few years....I definitely want to get back into crocheting and want to learn how to knit.  Whew!  *wipes forehead and takes a deep breath!*

Do any of you ladies know of any craft groups in either county?  I would love to hook up with other craft addicts on Long Island and in NYC!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly;  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go life is a barren field frozen with snow.

-Langston Hughes
Girlinsoop

Someday, rabbit, I will finally finnish a project.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004 05:57:59 AM »

Greetings from the South Shore....
I am also from Long Island, and was excited to see this thread!

I'm the craft person who has a new idea every other day, but never finnishes anything that takes longer than a week to do  Embarrassed
Right now, I am in a jewelery and cross stitch phase. Alot of my "work" is tattoo art inspired.

I just discovered the ne AC Moore in Hauppauge. They have awesome wood cut outs that are made for fraterity paddles and such, but can easily be turned "tattoo style". The skull and cross bones wood cut out had endless possibilities (especially when paired with the butterfly cut out).

Anywho...I dont know of any crafting groups in the area. Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EarthTones

Crafty Chicks ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2004 05:42:24 PM »

@Girlinsoop...

I have passed by the AC Moore in Hauppauge and am dying to get in there and check it out!

I am interested to see how many LI crafty chicks will check in...I would love to hook up a craft circle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly;  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go life is a barren field frozen with snow.

-Langston Hughes
Girlinsoop

Someday, rabbit, I will finally finnish a project.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2004 05:26:50 PM »

I've been asking around and haven't found much in the way of crafting groups around here. I'd love to start something though...what do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suzukibeane
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2004 09:02:41 PM »

okay!

and AC Moore is unfrickin believable. torture on a budget.

check this link out and let's talk about diy craft fair, punk style now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bowens Lighting
Printing Photographs
How to Buy a Bridge Camera
Photography Devices News
Photomart’s Summer Workshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...