A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,368
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Plaid Skirt [Edit:modified the skirt, more pics.]  (Read 2945 times)
Tags for this thread: skirt , plaid , tulle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fogtom

I got my books, and my poetry to protect me

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2004 07:12:36 PM »

Hey this is my third post on craftster and my first project I sewed from a blank canvas that actually came out good Smiley.  I still need to make a few adjustments (such as shortening it a bit and adding white tule underneath and making the waistband smaller so it fits better since right now it's a bit big). I'm not nearly as gifted with sewing as any of you on here but I still try haha. I got the tutorial from someone who posted not to long ago. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=12439.0 that's the link. Umm well here's my skirt (by the way my aunt got the material from her visit to Scottland or something).

I may end up posting updated pictures after I make the adjustments but for right now this is what I've got.

Edit

So I added some tulle underneath. I decided to go with bright green instead of white. I also decided to make a slip instead of actually attatching the tulle to the skirt incase I want to put the tulle under another skirt or wear the skirt without it. I did 5 layers of this green tulle and it was pretty frustrating trying to keep track of it all to sew it onto the waistband so I wouldn't suggest tulle for any begining sewers such as myself. Also instead of having to make the waistband smaller I decided to cut two holes one on each side of the waistband and put a ribbon in threw it with a bobkin (I think that's what their called??). And I also decided not to shorten it. I wrapped teh ribbon around again after it came out from the holes so thats why there's a line in the middle of the waistband but I decided not to wear it like that again but I can't take any more pictures since my picture takers (my twin 8 year old sisters who do anything their big 14 year old sister says Smiley) are asleep. So here it is Smiley.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2004 10:01:14 PM by fogtom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.livejournal.com/users/___becca_leaf
^Go there to see some pictures I take!

www.livejournal.com/users/fogtom
^Go there to read some things I write!
linty
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004 07:59:51 PM »

that is super awesome! Great job.

You will have to post more pictures once you have added the tule and such.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pickledkitty
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004 09:29:25 PM »

Yuummm! I love the colors of your skirt! And from Scotland!!!?!?
That is so awesome. I wish I had random relatives journey around
and buy craft stuff. I think that looks pretty darn good for a beginner!
Keep it up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
april_cocaine
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004 01:20:17 AM »

that looks pretty fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fogtom

I got my books, and my poetry to protect me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004 12:01:43 PM »

linty~Don't worry, I do plan on posting some soon. I should be able to go out and buy the tule on Friday or Saturday hopefully.

pickledkitty - Thanks!  Smiley Yeah my aunt has been to Scottland and a couple parts of Europe and then just this summer she drove to Alaska. I was supposed to go but I ended up not being able to Sad. But yeah she always brings me home like beads or material or something.

april_cocaine- Thanks Smiley And if I'm not mistaken you're the one I got the idea from in the first place. I had the fabric for a while and had no idea what to do with it but then I saw your post and decided I'd make an awesome skirt. And I like that one poka-dot skirt you made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.livejournal.com/users/___becca_leaf
^Go there to see some pictures I take!

www.livejournal.com/users/fogtom
^Go there to read some things I write!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Find Wine Matches for Sushi
How to Make Mongolian Lamb
How to Make Balachaung
Asian Spare Ribs with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Tiger Roll Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce
Mountain Views
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...