A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
565 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: nintendo controller ds lite case w/ mini tutorial  (Read 203019 times)
Tags for this thread: nintendo , video_game , ds_case , plastic_canvas , featured_project , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AnagraM
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2006 04:15:38 AM »

Could anyone point me to a good tutorial on cross-stitching? I've never done any and I'd really like to train to make me this awesome case aswell..

If the tutorial could be in french, it would be even better, although my english is good, it's the kind of things that would be easier in french  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ashtree
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2006 11:38:24 AM »

Has anyone successfully made this with a size 7 grid? Thats all I can find. If so I'd love a tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shini
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2006 08:22:52 PM »

I just need to glue in my felt and velcro, then attach the cover, and mine will be done. And yes, it's on size 7 grid - I did have to change to pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
igoesrawr
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2006 05:54:52 PM »

this is the coolest thing. i love it. great job. it turned out really great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nyx's etsy

Etsy

My Myspace
add me - I'd love some more crafty friends.

My Wists
T-wrecks
glitter monster!

roooaaarrr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2006 03:46:50 PM »

SO amazing! I wonder if I could tweak the measurements to make an ipod case for my special someone for Christmas? He just got a Wii and is a bit nintendo obsessed at the moment. At least all his Zelda playing leaves me plenty of time for crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2006 04:15:15 AM »

SO amazing! I wonder if I could tweak the measurements to make an ipod case for my special someone for Christmas? He just got a Wii and is a bit nintendo obsessed at the moment. At least all his Zelda playing leaves me plenty of time for crafting!

I want a Wii.  My husband broke his PS2 over the holiday weekend (eh, second one he's destroyed due to his own negligence Lips sealed ) and he says he's too lazy to play games on the Wii.  Said he'd have to move around too much LOL Ah, maybe him breaking his PlayStation was a blessing in disguise.  No, wait...it wasn't.  He spent his entire Thanksgiving break playing some James Bond game on my little brother's PS2.  Undecided

Anyway, yes you could definitely use the dimensions of any object and make a case using plastic needlepoint canvas.  That's what I love about the stuff - it's so versatile and easy to use.  Oh, and word to the wise...use a metal needlepoint needle and not one of those plastic ones designed for children.  I went to use my plastic needle (that came with a knitting kit I bought awhile back) and it ripped the plastic line between the grid squares everytime I ran it through.  I switched to the metal needle and had no problems from there.  Also, I was able to make the entire case using only one standard size plastic canvas and still had some left over.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
msgates
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2006 11:17:51 AM »

a little late to respond, but this is amazing. it's almost a metaphor on life and how even in older things, lessons, people, we find inspiration... yadda yadda
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meanbean
Naughty, with a pinch of Nice for a good bite

The Means To Hold Your Beans

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2006 02:00:51 PM »

I'm almost done with one on a 10 point grid & a famicom style on the 10 point grid.  I'll post pictures and measurements soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2006 12:28:38 PM »

Okay, here's the one I made for my little bro as a Christmas present.

Top view

Inside
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
loudgrrl4_ever
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2006 01:05:45 PM »

Could anyone point me to a good tutorial on cross-stitching? I've never done any and I'd really like to train to make me this awesome case aswell..

If the tutorial could be in french, it would be even better, although my english is good, it's the kind of things that would be easier in french  Grin

I second this request. I can't seem to find a good tutorial (on Craftster or elsewhere) for using plastic canvas. The only ones I can find are basically up one hole, down in the next, repeat until finished, but all the pictures of the completed projects show lots of the plastic canvas in the end (like every other bar) and it doesn't look like this project works that way.
I am definantly interested in doing this because my bf just got a DS lite for his b-day and a little birdie told me there will be one waiting under the tree for me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Hat
How to Count Crochet Stitches
How to Choose the Right Crochet Hook
How to Choose Crochet Projects
How to Choose Crochet Patterns
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...