A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
692 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Noteworthy Crafty Events.........  (Read 1314 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 08, 2004 03:30:24 PM »

I have read about some great craft shows back east that are edgier than say the usual country craft kitsch associated with craft shows.  Anyone know of any in the Phoenix area, Arizona..........?

Boo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSilentSiren
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004 08:37:33 PM »

I don't think those exist.............. ... this gives me ample reason to try to start one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*silent-siren-diy*
shmee
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004 08:57:55 PM »

Please do start one!!!! please start something in phoenix.....anythin g....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want you to take a bite of my pork. Its the world.
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004 09:07:34 AM »

Well, Let me know how I can help.  Once upon a time, I did event planning as a major part of my job.  I was secretly hoping someone else would be interested in getting something started. 

Tempe.......may be the best option.  Ort trying to do something with First Fridays but how can you see the beauty and fine details at night?Huh?   Hmmmm.  Maybe hooking up with a gallery with some space?

What do you and everyone else think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aeroplane
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2004 12:02:00 AM »

first fridays in phoenix and the crafts fairs in tempe are the only things i've ever seen happen around here...

do we have HAVE flea markets besides those scary park and swap things.  that's one thing i miss about back east (from boston) is that they have many more EVENTS than we do.  i'm all for someone organizing something.  i'd help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2004 02:25:06 PM »

Last year during the fall in the lot of the resturant Vincemt's was a nice farmers market kind of thing.  Sadly, I never made it over but I am sure it is unscary.  I had a booth at the Coronado Home Tour last year and I think you can purchase booths for the Willow home tour.  I chipped in for some space at a Gay Pride festival but I honestly have nothing to sell right now.  I had better get working. 

The only problem with the venues above is that none are craft or anti-craft crafts.......we need an antiu-craft craft festival!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinafish
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004 02:54:20 PM »

if you guys come up with anything at all, i would love to devote time to this and help out and be a part of it. i know of 4 other gals that would love to take part as well. i tend to check craftlister.com and it says on there that around oct 2-3rd there will be a craft show called "carnival of crafts boutique" in tempe? the only thing i've been to out here in phoenix is first fridays, and the mill ave art festival. anyway, i'd love to help out!

tina
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CheetahChiq78
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004 07:52:24 AM »

The City of Glendale hosts different events throughout the year, and you can purchase booth space at them and sell your crafts. The mix of crafts is quite eclectic. I did it last year and it was tons of fun. There are SO many people that attend and business is great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it. Let me not look for allies in life's battlefield but to my own strength.
TheSilentSiren
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2004 06:18:09 PM »

The City of Glendale hosts different events throughout the year, and you can purchase booth space at them and sell your crafts. The mix of crafts is quite eclectic. I did it last year and it was tons of fun. There are SO many people that attend and business is great!

I was actually thinking of renting a booth at some point. Which fair did you get involved in? I know all the ones i've seen in tempe and scottsdale were mostly southwestern/lawn ornament/suncatchers/big turquoise jewlery. I wasn't sure if anyone would actually buy my random eclectic things. Oh and also, how much was it to rent? And who do you contact?
 Huh Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*silent-siren-diy*
CheetahChiq78
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2004 08:27:35 PM »

I was actually thinking of renting a booth at some point. Which fair did you get involved in? I know all the ones i've seen in tempe and scottsdale were mostly southwestern/lawn ornament/suncatchers/big turquoise jewlery. I wasn't sure if anyone would actually buy my random eclectic things. Oh and also, how much was it to rent? And who do you contact?
 Huh Huh

For the events sponsored by the City of Glendale, you have to "apply" in advance to get a booth. You just take pictures of your items and an example set-up of your booth and submit it with an application. You pick and choose what events to participate in. The fees vary greatly. There are like 6 or 7 different events throughout the year you can get booths at. The fees are a little steep, BUT...if you get in on a good weekend, then it's ok.

I think the most popular event is Glendale Glitters. The opening weekend is when I had my booth and I made pretty good money. I sell flower pins and embellished purses. I had my booth for 2 weekends, 4 days and did pretty well.

There are SO many different booths and products at Glendale Glitters. Anything from the kitcschy to southwest to food to toys to tie-dye stuff - it's a pretty eclectic mix.

I can't remember who I talked with at the City of Glendale, but it's a rather painless process. Here's the website for the City of Glendale Special Events. http://www.glendaleaz.com/Festivals/It's a start. All you do is request a registration packet, and start from there. It's really easy. If you have any more questions, please feel free to e-mail me.

**BTW** I would be MORE than interested in helping to organize/participate in a craft event here in the Valley!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it. Let me not look for allies in life's battlefield but to my own strength.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Grill with Woodchips
How to Bake Amish Friendship Bread
In The Kitchen - Halibut
How to barbeque with plank
How to Make Fresh Dill Potato Salad
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...