A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
707 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I can't decide if I like it or not...  (Read 1991 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006 11:55:44 PM »

While it's cute the way it is, I personally think the cables are too big and clunky.  I'd prefer something more delicate/narrower.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
lelila
geek.

nerd love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006 10:13:17 AM »

I love the little cables going up the side, especially the way the one opens up around your thumb!  I adore cabled wristwarmers.  I agree with the little lacy-ness around the top and bottom idea...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will private swap for handspun yarn!

My wists.

KER+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Bam++@ Syn+@ Wool+(+)@ Stash++ Scale- Fin--  Ent+ Tex++ Lace++ Int-@ Flat++ Circ+(-) DPN+ !Swatch-- FO+ WIP++ W+@ ALTSw(++)
knitchick2
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006 03:05:06 PM »

I think adding length (over the hand) and a thumb gusset would make them look less cast-like.  Some kind of edging might help, too, even if it's just ribbing.  But your cables look AWESOME.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

canarysanctuary
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006 03:12:52 PM »

Beautiful just as they are!  If they were white, then I would think "cast".  They have a pretty colour and detail, certainly not cast-like!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am because my little bird knows me."
http://canaryknits.blogspot.com/

"Gentlemen! We can't *all* be the Honey-Nut Cheerios honeybee!" -Crow
shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006 05:29:05 PM »

I'd add length to the hand bit, remove the bottom cable, and possibly shorten the arm a tiny bit.

The colour isn't my thing either though....but it does look really nice otherwise! You did a fantastic job on the cables!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames .com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
cinnamon teal
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006 11:30:31 PM »

Wow!!  Thanks for all the compliments and suggestions!  After reading your comments and looking at my wrist warmer some more, I have decided that I like it the way that it is, but it could be so much more.  So I'm definitely going to extend the top to (or over) my knuckles.  And I think I'm going to add a decorative edge and maybe a thumb to it, too (I originally wanted to add a thumb, but I wasn't quite sure how to do it).  Thanks so much, Rain_, for the directions on how to do a picot cast on and cast off!  I might also experiment with substituting something different for the middle cable.  I agree that the braid one is a bit wide for my skinny-minny wrists. 

Welp, I'm off to go knit some swatches.  Thanks again.  You are all fantastic! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

solid_silver_cloud
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006 01:58:44 PM »

I think the colour and those cables are stunnig. When I first looked at them I couldn't find a flaw - but after hearing the suffestions of making it longer i agree. Also I think some pretty ribbon bows would make it more feminnine if you want it more feminine. (Mind you, I think pretty bows on anything makes it look better ... and sequins. You can never have enough sequins...)

WHenever my art teacher sees a painting she likes she goes "mm i just want to eat it!" which is an odd thing to say, but if i were her i'd eat these  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinnamon teal
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006 02:06:26 PM »

Just one question though: do you know what kind of yarn you used for this? The color is wonderful and shows off the cables perfectly! Is it soft? (just asking because it looks very touchable!)

I don't have the label for this yarn anymore, but it's just some really cheap yarn I got from michaels a few years back.  The picture makes it look nicer than it is.  I think it's cotton and it's actually not very soft.  Doesn't stretch much either.  It's just something I had lying around and could easily spare to play with.  (The finished pair I make will be made with different yarn.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinnamon teal
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2006 05:30:22 PM »

Ok, I've made a second one with a different cable and it covers more of my hand.  You can see it on my blog:

http://cinnamonteal.blogspot.com

I'd love to hear what you think about this one.  Again, constructive criticism is most welcomed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elijor
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2006 05:56:30 PM »

I liked the first one but I LOVE the new one!

What did you do with the palm side? Does it have the same cable?

The new cable is more interesting along with being more delicate. Also the length is better. The thumb will be a nice addition but not necessary.

So all this experimenting is lead to a pattern for us maybe  Smiley?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips for Conducting an Interview
Walter Mosley Talks Adapting Books to Films
That Awkward Moment Junket
The Nut Job
American Hustle Interviews
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...