A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
400 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: craftsters in charlottesville?  (Read 6746 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the1irishgirl
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008 11:08:02 AM »

Hi there, I reside in Cville.  I may be a little old for your group - I just turned 30 in December.   Tongue  I'd be interested in getting together if if anyone still does...but I don't have the foggiest idea how to knit.   Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
colefree224
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008 08:05:43 PM »

I'm in Charlottesville! 22 year old... I'm always home due to illness.. and always crafting Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sassEstoner
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009 08:45:07 AM »

Hello!
I am a fellow craftster in Cville as well! I dont knit or crochet but I do sew a little. I have a really old Singer sewing machine. and have to read the directions every time I take it out.

I mostly dabble in collage, silk painting, photography, and jewelry making.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LeslieJane0302
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009 12:38:48 AM »

I'm also a crafter, tried almost everything.  Also older (over 40), but would loe to meet with other crafter.  Is there a general craft group  that meets?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadyFaire
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009 07:53:57 AM »

I am also in the C'ville area - have been for over 15 years now.  I'm not as young as most of you, and I don't knit, crochet a little - mostly I sew.  I sew a LOT.  Would LOVE to be able to get together with others in the area who share a common disease (that is what my hubby calls it, my addiction [grin]), and see who has the biggest 'stash'!!  Maybe swap fabric and ideas?  I'm open to meet, have coffee/tea, etc.  Feel free to email me if interested.  Oh yeah, I'm also into historical re-enacting.  So, if you like that sort of thing...

ladyfaire@lady-faire.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peihan17
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009 08:49:56 AM »

I posted in this thread a while ago, but not much ever came of it, except that there seems to be a SnB group on Wednesdays  Tongue

I'm usually not in town on weekends, but anyone up for meeting up on a weekday night?  We can just hang out someplace, maybe bring some portable crafts?  Maybe Splendora's?  Good gelato weather!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pro personal swaps and always open to a penpal!  PM me =)

Wist :: Etsy :: Flickr
smashleymiller
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009 07:23:27 AM »

Hello crafters!!

My husband and I just moved to Charlottesville from Prague.  I was going weekly to stitch n' bitch there, and just loved hanging out and working with others who have a love for crafts!  If you guys are interested, it would be great to get something going here.  I am aware of the stitch n' bitch wednesdays but it would be nice to meet in a more closed setting where you can lay out your crafts if needed.  I would be happy to host each week if you're interested.  Let me know!

Ashley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadyFaire
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009 10:07:35 AM »

I'm definitely interested!  Let me know if you get much of a response?  Also, what types of crafters that are interested...  I mean, a bunch of knitters aren't necessarily going to want to sit around talking to a bunch of machine embroiderers, and vice versa - are they?  I'm interested in all of it, because I want to learn to knit, I do machine embroidery, I sew, etc.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peihan17
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009 10:41:29 AM »

Welcome to Charlottesville, smashleymiller! Smiley

I'm still interested, and I'm sure my housemate would be too.  I crochet, bead, and sew by hand, and a little in embroidery.  But I'd just love to hang out with other crafty people whatever their specialty!

I'm not usually in town on Fridays/weekends, but if you guys are up for a weekday evening, I'll come!  And I can bring snacks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pro personal swaps and always open to a penpal!  PM me =)

Wist :: Etsy :: Flickr
smashleymiller
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009 01:33:39 PM »

Ok, so why don't we just start the three of us and hopefully more will join?! 

We were living in Prague, and I was a part of an international craft group that did just about anything!  Some were just knitters, others did crochet, beading, felting, basket-making, Im working on a quilt, the list goes on!  We would all chip in a little snack or drink and just sit around doing our thing and chatting. 

I was hoping to re-create a similar group here.  Would Thurs from 6:30-9 work for you guys?   

I've set up an email address for all those interested!

Contact Ashley at
whichcraft.cville@gmail.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Can This Argan-Oil Cream Give Us Three Times The Volume?
How to Get the Most Thorough Pedicure of Your Life
Beauty Secrets from Around the World
Know When to Toss Your Old Makeup
Can You Plump Your Lips With Hawaiian Punch?
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...