A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,202
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: craftsters in charlottesville?  (Read 6360 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the1irishgirl
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008 11:08:02 AM »

Hi there, I reside in Cville.  I may be a little old for your group - I just turned 30 in December.   Tongue  I'd be interested in getting together if if anyone still does...but I don't have the foggiest idea how to knit.   Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
colefree224
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008 08:05:43 PM »

I'm in Charlottesville! 22 year old... I'm always home due to illness.. and always crafting Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sassEstoner
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009 08:45:07 AM »

Hello!
I am a fellow craftster in Cville as well! I dont knit or crochet but I do sew a little. I have a really old Singer sewing machine. and have to read the directions every time I take it out.

I mostly dabble in collage, silk painting, photography, and jewelry making.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LeslieJane0302
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009 12:38:48 AM »

I'm also a crafter, tried almost everything.  Also older (over 40), but would loe to meet with other crafter.  Is there a general craft group  that meets?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadyFaire
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009 07:53:57 AM »

I am also in the C'ville area - have been for over 15 years now.  I'm not as young as most of you, and I don't knit, crochet a little - mostly I sew.  I sew a LOT.  Would LOVE to be able to get together with others in the area who share a common disease (that is what my hubby calls it, my addiction [grin]), and see who has the biggest 'stash'!!  Maybe swap fabric and ideas?  I'm open to meet, have coffee/tea, etc.  Feel free to email me if interested.  Oh yeah, I'm also into historical re-enacting.  So, if you like that sort of thing...

ladyfaire@lady-faire.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peihan17
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009 08:49:56 AM »

I posted in this thread a while ago, but not much ever came of it, except that there seems to be a SnB group on Wednesdays  Tongue

I'm usually not in town on weekends, but anyone up for meeting up on a weekday night?  We can just hang out someplace, maybe bring some portable crafts?  Maybe Splendora's?  Good gelato weather!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pro personal swaps and always open to a penpal!  PM me =)

Wist :: Etsy :: Flickr
smashleymiller
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009 07:23:27 AM »

Hello crafters!!

My husband and I just moved to Charlottesville from Prague.  I was going weekly to stitch n' bitch there, and just loved hanging out and working with others who have a love for crafts!  If you guys are interested, it would be great to get something going here.  I am aware of the stitch n' bitch wednesdays but it would be nice to meet in a more closed setting where you can lay out your crafts if needed.  I would be happy to host each week if you're interested.  Let me know!

Ashley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadyFaire
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009 10:07:35 AM »

I'm definitely interested!  Let me know if you get much of a response?  Also, what types of crafters that are interested...  I mean, a bunch of knitters aren't necessarily going to want to sit around talking to a bunch of machine embroiderers, and vice versa - are they?  I'm interested in all of it, because I want to learn to knit, I do machine embroidery, I sew, etc.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peihan17
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009 10:41:29 AM »

Welcome to Charlottesville, smashleymiller! Smiley

I'm still interested, and I'm sure my housemate would be too.  I crochet, bead, and sew by hand, and a little in embroidery.  But I'd just love to hang out with other crafty people whatever their specialty!

I'm not usually in town on Fridays/weekends, but if you guys are up for a weekday evening, I'll come!  And I can bring snacks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pro personal swaps and always open to a penpal!  PM me =)

Wist :: Etsy :: Flickr
smashleymiller
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009 01:33:39 PM »

Ok, so why don't we just start the three of us and hopefully more will join?! 

We were living in Prague, and I was a part of an international craft group that did just about anything!  Some were just knitters, others did crochet, beading, felting, basket-making, Im working on a quilt, the list goes on!  We would all chip in a little snack or drink and just sit around doing our thing and chatting. 

I was hoping to re-create a similar group here.  Would Thurs from 6:30-9 work for you guys?   

I've set up an email address for all those interested!

Contact Ashley at
whichcraft.cville@gmail.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 30/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 33/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 19/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 2/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 22/35
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...