A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,070
Currently Running With Scissors:
786 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Favorite Music CD Swap Gallery  (Read 9373 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gurlwhopurls
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2006 04:43:03 PM »

I received from Sophroworth today! I love it! I haven't gotten a chance to pop it in the cd player yet but after I do the dishes I will. I know I'll love it because some of the bands on it I already do love!  Shocked

Soph, I love the ''seemingly childish cover'' as you put it! Nail polish rocks for paint and I love the buttons and beads! It got here safe too with them all on it!  Cheesy

So, I won't list every song because I don't want to ruin the surprise if sophroworth's other partner hasn't received yet but it has great stuff on it like the killers, and kt tunstall and arctic monkeys and a ton of others!  Grin

I will take a picture of both of my cds once I receive from my other partner! plus my camera needs batteries, it drinks them like sun drinks water in the desert!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ms.scarlett
The Crafty DJ

I'm falling up

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2006 05:04:33 PM »

I finally sent.  Sorry to my partners for them having to wait so long, but I hope they like their packages...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paramedic: Only one person can ride.
Dean: I'm the father...
Patrick: I'm the boyfriend...
Mitch: [points to Dean] I'm HIS boyfriend.

hehe....i knit in class
fishiegopook

why so blue, panda bear?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2006 06:57:54 PM »

Does anyone else have any other sites to share?

not a mix site, but when I'm making personal mixes for myself and trying to find new music to listen to, I go to www.pandora.com, it's a site where you type in an artist you like and then it gives you things you might like based on that, and you get to listen to songs by them.  I've found several new artists that way. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emapril
Emilisaurus

She'll be comin' 'round the mountain...

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2006 09:24:20 AM »

Does anyone else have any other sites to share?

not a mix site, but when I'm making personal mixes for myself and trying to find new music to listen to, I go to www.pandora.com, it's a site where you type in an artist you like and then it gives you things you might like based on that, and you get to listen to songs by them.  I've found several new artists that way. 

I love Pandora. I would never find new music without them (and this swap, of course!). I'm so impressed at the Pandora-guys' musical knowledge in ALL genres... I wish I was music-smart like that! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indieanajess
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2006 11:04:09 AM »

Well, now both partners have received, but I just arrived at my parents' house and I don't have my list of songs. I'll have to post them on Monday when I get back to work. Sorry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The frontal lobe is where it's at!
fishiegopook

why so blue, panda bear?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2006 11:55:00 AM »

I'll assume xamy got her package, since ms.scarlett did, and here's the playlists for the cds I sent.

Cd 1

1. A Fair Judgement - Opeth
 2. Love Song for a Witch - Dog Fashion Disco
 3. Ricochet - Faith No More
 4. Blackest Eyes - Porcupine Tree
 5. Sweet Nurse - Katatonia
 6. Demon Cleaner - Kyuss
 7. King - Fireball Ministry
 8. Carousel - Mr. Bungle
 9. No River to Take Me Home - Neurosis
 10. Am I Demon - Danzig
11. Alaska - Between the Buried and Me 
12. Soul Collector - Bloodbath

Cd 2

1. Take to the Sky - Tori Amos
 2. Superhero - Ani Difranco
 3. Didn't They - Erin McKeown
 4. There's a Girl - Ditty Bops
 5. Hide and Seek - Imogen Heap
 6. Mushaboom - Feist
 7. This is the Sound - Folksongs for the Afterlife
 8. Fidelity - Regina Spektor
 9. Life in Mono - Mono
10. Fox in the Snow - Rasputina
11. The Tower - Vienna Teng
12. Pretty Dress - Rosie Thomas
13. Only You - Portishead
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emapril
Emilisaurus

She'll be comin' 'round the mountain...

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2006 11:44:52 AM »

Wow, I recieved from both partners during these last two days (both sending two cd's!!) and I'm swimming in great, new music... Aaah.. Thank God I'm sick and don't have to go out and do OTHER things than listening to music!

I thought I'd post the list of the music I sent now. My partners both recieved a while ago actually... I'm a bit slow. Smiley

"Consolation Prizes" - Phoenix
   Right now, this is my favorite song. I just recently discovered Phoenix, and their songs are great!

"Bohemian Like You" - Dandy Warhols
   This is an old favorite actually. I heard it the first time years ago on MTV, but found the song again a few weeks ago... Nostaliga!

"Alfie" - Lily Allen
   The first time I heard this song I didn't really listen to the words; I just thought the melody was great. Then I listened to the words... They're hilarious!

"The Blowers Daughter" - Damien Rice
   So pretty... He sings "I can't take my eyes off of you" over and over again, and I get all gooey. Cheesy

"Soma" - The Strokes
   I really really like the beginning of this song; I don't care much about the rest actually... Smiley

"Of Angels and Angles" - The Decemberists
   Preeetty.

"She Moves In Her Own Way" - The Kooks
   Happy song! I heard it on the radio a while ago and sort of fell in love with the way he sings "she moves in her own way" (shemooosineeerrronw eeeee).

"No Man's Land" - Sufjan Stevens
   Other happy song! I bought this CD recently and this was the first song so sort of pop out at me..

"Tell No One About Tonight" - Le Sport
   Popular Swedish song about a year ago. I like it; it makes me happy.

"Heartbeats" - The Knife
   Great song. Swedish band: a very shy sister and a very shy brother. They always wear masks... Jos Gonzles (other Swedish singer) made a cover of this and they used it in a Sony tv-commercial where they throw about a million bouncy-balls down the hills of San Francisco. The commercial makes me jump about like a little kid (I WANT TO DO IT TOO!!!!!!!!) (Watch it here:http://www.bravia-advert.com/balls/ and watch it NOW!!!)

"Calleth You, Cometh I" - The Ark
   I started loving this song at a concert with The Ark (also Swedish band. I heard they recently had some sort of scandal in the US...). It's pretty old and I hadn't heard it before, so when he started singing it everyone else sand along. I didn't know the words, but fortunately there was a bit of aaahaaahh-ing at the end and everyone just kept singing and singing and I got all goosebumpy. Mm.

"Song No.6" - Ane Brun and Ron Sexsmith
   Cute song, I like both Ane Brun and Ron Sexsmith and when else can be asked for but a duet?

"Coutesy Laughs" - Phoenix
   I just reeeeeaaally like Phoenix. Smiley

"Red Right Ankle" - The Decemberists
   It reminds me of something, but I can really tell what. It's sort of sad and gets me into a mood I'm getting pretty fond of.

"Bang Bang, You're Dead" - Dirty Pretty Things
   I bought this CD when I was in London this spring. It makes me want to go back!

"Beautiful Things" - Azure Ray
   I love the words! "Beautiful things can come from the dark"

"Come And Find Me" - Josh Ritter
   About 6 months ago, I listened to this song on repeat for a week. It makes me all moody. Cheesy

"Summer In The City" - Regina Spektor
   This song fit me perfectly this summer; I was alone at home for a few weeks, working, while my mother and sister we at our summer house SWIMMING and SUNBATHING and RELAXING... Grumble...

"16 Military Wives" - The Decemberists
   There is something about me and songs in commercials... This was on a commercial way back and helped me find The Decemberists!

"Love Soon" - John Mayer
   This also reminds me of something... I also really like John Mayer's acoustic guitar...

It seems like my my music changes really fast... I made this mix only about two weeks ago, and I'm already thinking "Well, that song is a bit boring..." Smiley
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006 11:46:48 AM by emapril » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinfoiltrees
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2006 06:16:44 PM »

I received from ms.scarlett! it's okay that i had to wait, the cd's helped me discover that i need to go out and buy some more music (especially Tool and Life of Agony). both cds are phenomenal. and thanks for the book as well, i am sure that i will eventually find use for completely useless information.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xamy
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2006 06:29:11 PM »

I'll assume xamy got her package, since ms.scarlett did, and here's the playlists for the cds I sent.

Nope, haven't received yet! Tongue But I purposely didnt read the list. Haha.
That would be worse than "finding" your Christmas gifts in your parents' closet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Glitter never goes away.
It is the herpes of craft supplies.
box of purls
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2006 08:08:34 PM »

Okay, emapril has received and sapphire_disstortio n's dc number is showing that she has received too so I will post their playlists. I made two cd's for each person and they are both rather similar but I'll post them as I sent them. 

Music Swap Play List #1 For Sapphire_disstortio n

1. Monday MorningPulp
  Because of the part that goes I wanna refund!  I wanna life!  I wanna reason for so many night after night after night!

2.   Nettys GirlBeastie Boys
This is an interesting song by them and funny. I think anyway

3.   Love and DestroyFranz Ferdinand
Franz Ferdinand are pretty much my favorite band and its was hard to narrow down a favorite song by them this is a great one I think and its not on either of their CDs. 

4.   UnloveableThe Smiths
 The Smiths?  I dont think I have to say more I love love this song and its a good mopey song too of course

5.   Crooked TeethDeath Cab for Cutie
A good song by a good band, as you will see by some of my reasons Im not always so good at coming up with reasons for liking song other than this one particular line sticks out. 

6.   The Humming SongGorkys Zygotic Mynci
Mellow music to craft to, it doesnt get much better than Gorkys

7.   I shouldve known betterThe Beatles
I love the movie A Hard Days Night and my favorite scene is probably when they perform this song just because its sort of randomly there.  Howd they get Ringos drum kit in the train compartment?  A lot of the Beatles songs were sad lyrics with upbeat musiclike this song I LOVE this about the Beatles.  Maybe it does get better than Gorkys.

8.   Start Wearing PurpleGogol Bordello
This song just makes me happy

9.   Sheela Na GigPJ Harvey
A great angry girl songa great one.

10.   HappyJenny Lewis and the Watson Twins
I love the first line of this song Id rather be lonely, Id rather be free

11.   Dream BrotherJeff Buckley
I love Jeff Buckley.  The guy could sing.  Ive been listening to this song a lot lately.  Itll switch but for now its this.

12.   A Pair of Brown EyesThe Pogues
I just really like this song.  Sad music is good.

13.   Older ChestsDamien Rice
I like this one too because its sad music.  Im such a sad sod sometimes.

14.   Tomorrow is Long Time--NickelCreek
its mellow music.  Its good stuff.

15.   Intimate SecretaryThe Raconteurs
This is a good upbeat song and it tells about a rabbit that likes to hop, thats always good.

16.   The New ZeroRasputina
Because ice hotels sound so interesting  (I looked it up on Wikipedia one time by the way they do have them...)

17 For the Price of a cup of teaBelle & Sebastian
Also a favorite band of mine and it was hard to narrow down which song I wanted to put on a cd but this one was sort of what I was feeling right now.  If that makes sense.

18 Whistle Rhapsody?The Fiery Furnaces
I love this band right now.  Strange background noises and all. 

Swap Playlist #2 for emapril and sapphire_disstortio n (this were the same for both ladies)

1.   WaitThe Beatles
My most favorite song by the Beatles. 

2.   OutsidersFranz Ferdinand
My favorite song right now by Franz Ferdinand

3.   BonesThe Killers
Because I never had a good time, never had soul, and never got bold. 

4.   WowSnow Patrol
I really like this song because one part of it reminds me of sneaking off with someone and keeping things secret.

5.   I wanna be adoredThe Stone Roses
Yeah, I do really

6.   Benton Harbor BluesThe Fiery Furnaces
Because this song even with all the strange background noises says a lot about where I am right now in my life.  Yep

7.   Heart in a CageThe Strokes
Because Im stuck in the city but I belong in a field

8.   Dont come around here no moreTom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Because Tom Petty=greatness

9.   la fille avec toiFrancoise Hardy
I got this song on a mix cd during a swap on Craftster and I love loved it and so here it is.

10.   Stood on GoldGorkys Zygotic Mynci
This song just makes me happy.

11.   Ping PongStereolab
I got a song by Stereolab in a swap and started listening to them and so here you are.

12.   A Man/Me/Then JimRilo Kiley
I like the line that goes If living is the problem then thats just baffling

13.   She Lives on a MountainGorkys Zygotic Mynci
Its Gorkysyou can tell I really like this band.

14.   High on LifeRasputina
A song to get confident to.

15.   Beauty MarkRufus Wainwright
I just like this song.

16.   On the Road AgainBob Dylan
I love this song and its on the first album I heard by Bob Dylan. 

17.   Someday you will be LovedDeathcab for Cutie
I have no idea why I like this song really.   Because its sad I guess and sad music is what I like in part.

18.   We are the sleepyheadsBelle & Sebastian
I like the part when Stuart sings about staying up all night to talk about things he and the other person in the song had read and thats why they are so sleepy. 

19.   ShadrachBeastie Boys
I dont know if I really consider the Beastie Boys rap but Ill bet they are but I guess since I dont think I listen to rap I say they arent so does that make sense?  Im sure it doesnt. Either way this is my favorite Beastie Boys song.

20.   I just dont know what to do with myselfThe White Stripes
Burt Bacharach + Jack White= this good song.

21.   Nothing BetterThe Postal Service
I like how the girl in the song is making charts and graphs to explain how things wont work. 

22.   Golden LightsThe Smiths
More Smiths

Swap playlist #1 for emapril
1.   Whistle Rhapsody?The Fiery Furnaces
I love this band right now.  Strange background noises and all

2.   Start Wearing PurpleGogol Bordello
This song just makes me happy

3.  Love and DestroyFranz Ferdinand
Franz Ferdinand are pretty much my favorite band and its was hard to narrow down a favorite song by them this is a great one I think and its not on either of their CDs. 

4.   UnloveableThe Smiths
The Smiths?  I dont think I have to say more I love love this song and its a good mopey song too of course

5.   Crooked TeethDeath Cab for Cutie
A good song by a good band, as you will see by some of my reason Im not always so good at coming up with reasons for liking songs other than this one particular line sticks out or something.

6.   The Humming SongGorkys Zygotic Mynci
Mellow music to craft to, it doesnt get much better than Gorkys.

7.   I shouldve known betterThe Beatles
   I love the movie A Hard Days Night and my favorite scene is probably when
   Perform this song just because its sort of randomly there.  Howd they get
   Ringos drum kit in the train compartment?   A lot of the Beatles songs were sad
   Lyrics with upbeat musiclike this song I LOVE this about the Beatles.  Maybe
   It does get better than Gorkys.

8.   Sheela Na GigPJ Harvey
   A great angry girl songa great one.

9.   HappyJenny Lewis and the Watson Twins
I love the first line of this song Id rather be lonely, Id rather be free

10.    Dream BrotherJeff Buckley
I love Jeff Buckley.  The guy could sing.  Ive been listening to this song a lot lately.  Itll switch, but for now its this.

11.   A Pair of Brown EyesThe Pogues
I just really like this song, sad music is good.

12.   Older ChestsDamien Rice
I like this one too because its sad music.  Im such a sad sod sometimes.

13.   Tomorrow is Long Time--NickelCreek
Its mellow music.  Its good stuff.

14.   Intimate SecretaryThe Raconteurs
This is a good upbeat song and it tells about a rabbit that likes to hop, thats always good.

15.   The New ZeroRasputina
Because ice hotels sound so interesting

16.  For the Price of a cup of teaBelle & Sebastian
Also a favorite band of mine and it was hard to narrow down which song I wanted to put on a cd but this one was sort of what I was feeling right now.  If that makes sense.

17.  Monday MorningPulp
  Because of the part that goes I wanna refund!  I wanna life!  I wanna reason for so many night after night after night!

18.   Devils Dance FloorFlogging Molly
   This song is to cancel out some of the sad music. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Vegan Pumpkin "Cheesecake"
3 Sweet Ways to Upgrade Leftover Halloween Candy
A Spooky MasterChef Junior Cookie Decoration Contest
How to Make Dark Chocolate Caramel Almond Candy with Sea Salt
How to Make 90 Second Mash-Up Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...