A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 304,881
Currently Running With Scissors:
697 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Favorite Music CD Swap Gallery  (Read 10548 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fishiegopook

why so blue, panda bear?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2006 11:33:31 PM »

I received today from indigokat Smiley
Some of the stuff on there are bands I like as well, like the Smiths, and Belle & Sebastian, and I do like most of what I've gotten a chance to listen to so far!  Thanks indigokat! Cheesy

ms.scarlett, did we make similar mixes?  haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indieanajess
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2006 09:15:20 AM »

I received from ch-ch-cherrybomb today! I am incredibly excited to listen to these and now wish that I had typed out my playlists, too.  Undecided The artwork is beautiful and I think she did it?  I love the Alice in Wonderland motif. Excellent!!! Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The frontal lobe is where it's at!
ch-ch-cherrybomb
lovely as a split lip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2006 09:32:49 AM »

since usps.com is showing both cds as being delivered, i'm going to go ahead and post my cd list/explanation (be forewarned:  it is loooooooooooooooooong)...

Down the rabbit hole: (cd1)

*Ligotage - Adam & the Ants: to choose one AATAs song over another would be blasphemous.  They are all superb... so I just chose the one that would work the best with this mix...

*Blank Generation - Richard Hell & the Voidoids: Richard Hell, despite all the information that states otherwise, is the true creator of punk (from the music to the fashion)...originally a poet, he fell into singing...this song is pure genius from the lyrics to the guitars to the drums...

*I Predict a Riot - Kaiser Chiefs: the chorus is what makes this song...raise your fist to sky!

*No One - Miss John Soda: her voice has the perfect amount of raspiness to it...enough to make it slightly mysterious, but not so much that she sounds husky...think kathleen turner but with more estrogen...and I like the slight feeling of randomness/confusion the lyrics create...

*Octopussy - The Wedding Present: what can I say...the lyrics are fantastic...

*John Wayne Gacy, Jr. - Sufjan Stevens: the music and the lyrics work perfectly in this song...they paint a portrait of a man, who, from all outward appearances, is perfectly normal...everyone finds out his disturbing secret too late...and it reminds us that we all have our dirty little secrets that we tuck away from the world...

*Learning to Hunt - Guided by Voices: this song is, quite simply, the most beautiful song ever written for a child...beautiful...

*When - Vincent Gallo: this actor/writer/director/painter/musician/model is best known for his films (buffalo 66, the brown bunny, palookaville, etc)...many people have no idea about the beautiful music he creates...this is one of his lovelier songs...its positively dreamy...

*Wildshiney Stars - Bright Black: possibly the most mellow band I have ever seen...think Mazzy Star, but slower & with a slide guitar...their music makes you feel like youre sleeping under the stars or sitting in a rocking chair on the front porch of your house somewhere in the mountains...this is my favorite song off their album...

*When Our Wings are Cut, Can We Still Fly? - Kronos Quartet: completely ethereal...this song makes pretty pictures in my brain

*Arrival - Zoe Keating: I love cellos.  I love amazing soundscapes that allow my mind to be swallowed up.  Zoe Keating combines the two.  All the tracks are played by her and her alone...she loops herself and plays overtop...its actually pretty interesting to see her play live...her music is so rich...if you check out her website she explains the process...

*Stoic - Shawshank Redemption Soundtrack: I cannot recall any piece from any film score that more perfectly captures a mood...and stoic it is...(and its filled with cellos)

*Pyromance - Chemlab: this song is, hands down, the sexiest song I have ever heard...the lyrics make me weak in the knees...

*Pi R Squared - Clint Mansell: this guy used to be in Pop Will Eat Itself...now he composes amazing scores...this piece is from the Pi soundtrack...he is probably better known for the Requiem For A Dream soundtrack...

*Triple Mania I - Crash Worship: these guys put on the absolute best shows in the history of mankind...completely bacchanalian...people writhing around...bonfires...all coupled with the driving rhythm of tribal drums and the bizarre sounds of the one of a kind instruments they create...this song is one of their best...and one of their shortest (many of their songs are 13+ minutes...)

*Occurrence on the Border (Hopping on a Pogo-Gypsy Stick) - Gogol Bordello: imagine if someone dropped some traditional gypsy folk into your jar of punk rock and you have gogol bordello...great band with great energy and great sound...go see them when they come to your town...you wont regret it...and youll dance your ass off...

*Goin Down - The Monkees: thats right...the Monkees...this song shows a side to the band that goes against what many think of them...its  morbid and fast and completely awesome...

*House of Fun - Madness: this song reminds me of one of my favorite episodes of The Young Ones...the guys go to a pub (where Madness is playing this song) and bump into Vivs mother (shes waitressing)...the way she and her son interact just about makes me cry with laughter...

*Scream - Ralph Nielsen & the Chancellors: this song is awesome!  Good for driving...

*Cast Iron Arm - Peanuts Wilson: a great early rockabilly song...I couldnt decide between this and the Crusher...obviously this song won...proof that the 50's werent all drive-ins and sock hops.

*Mama Dont You Think I Know - Jackie Lee Cochran: another rockabilly song that I think is the bees knees...a real toe tapper

*Matchbox - Carl Perkins: Perkins is one of the greats of rockabilly...he was in some lineups that make me drool (playing with Johnny Cash, Elvis and the like during their early years)...this is just a damn good song.

*Slow Drag - Link Wray: who hasnt Link Wray influenced?  He made a huge impact on rock music (adam ant even pays homage to him in the song Killer in the Home...the opening guitar riff is a direct reference to Wrays Rumble, which was also the first, & as far as I know, only instrumental song to be banned from radio play...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ch-ch-cherrybomb
lovely as a split lip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2006 09:33:21 AM »

PAINTING THE WHITE ROSES RED: (cd2)

*Martin Fierro - Juana Molina: I made this second cd on a rainy day and it reflects that fact...this song is beautiful...her voice in unique and enchanting as is the music...

*I Wrote this Song for the Girl Paris Hilton - Vincent Gallo: despite the fact that this song is for a vapid tart, its gorgeous...I love the guitar...although, now that I think about it, this song does have a bit of an empty-but-lovely feel to it...so maybe it suits her perfectly...

*Induction - Broken Spindles: this was the first song I ever heard by them...its hypnotic

*She Moves She - Four Tet: another song with excellent guitar...all plucking and minimal strumming...sounds like riding on a train or subway...

*Hey - The Pixies: this song gave me goose bumps the first time I heard it...alone this song is harmless, but when combined with the 2 songs that follow it they form the psycho-stalker trinity of songs...the combination of these 3 songs was not intentional, but it makes me wonder if my subconscious is super-creepy...

*Rid of Me - PJ Harvey: do I really need to explain why this song rocks?  Super sexy...

*Hurt - Glass Candy & the Shattered Theater: I like it when chicks rock...and this one does...her vocals range from soft to eardrum rupturing shrieks...oh so good...

*The Dead Nazi March - Romper Stomper Original Soundtrack: I was watching this movie the day I made this cd and as the closing credits rolled and this song played I thought: damn...thats a good song.  A word of advice for those that have not seen this movie...if you have an aversion to realistic violence Do Not Watch this film...it is extremely violent...its about neo-nazi skinheads in australia...and please note: it is not a pro-nazi film...quite the contrary...

*Lifes Just a Game - Sheep on Drugs: the beats in this song are soooooooo good

*In Every Dream Home a Heartache - Jared Louche & the Aliens: this Roxy Music cover is rad...the best song ever written about a vinyl blow-up doll...seriously...

*Forget You - Hellbent: I love the lyrics...and its awesome to listen to when you are on the open road...

*Anesthesia - Bad Religion: another song with excellent lyrics...and it just plain rocks

*Hope - The Descendents: I think I listened to this song almost everyday when I was in high school...its that good...there are 2 great punk love songs: punk rock girl by the dead milkmen...& this

*Dear Me - The Milkmans Kids: this song is by my dear friend Brian Crowell...he is the most amazing wordsmith I have ever had the pleasure of knowing...the first time I heard this song, I cried...he is that brilliant...

*Farmboy - Fluffers Union: this is Brians second band...he grew up in a small town outside Groom, Tx (population: a little over 600)...this song sounds exactly like what I would imagine living in Groom is like...

*Sweet Water Kill - Rasputina: Im pretty sure I would burn in hell if I didnt include at least one rasputina song...cellos have never rocked so hard...although this is one of their lighter, more bubbly songs...

*Do the Bambi - Stereo Total: I adore this song...no buts about it...the lyrics, the music, her voice...too sweet and too cute...did I mention it reminds me of a boy?  Cause it does...

*La Vie en Rose - Edith Piaf: this french chanteuse is great...classics are classics for a reason, you know...

*You Belong to Me - Bernadette Peters & Steve Martin: I like any song that highlights Steve Martins musical abilities...especially when they are highlighted in such a charming fashion...and yes, this song is from The Jerk

*Thanks for the Memories - Bob Hope: This is the song I want played at my funeral...Bob Hope was my very first crush (at the tender age of 2)...I still have a crush on him...When turner classic movies runs Bob Hope marathons I cancel all my appointments and turn off my phone...you cant beat his and bings Road movies...he was amazing...and so is this song...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ch-ch-cherrybomb
lovely as a split lip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2006 09:34:51 AM »

I received from ch-ch-cherrybomb today! I am incredibly excited to listen to these and now wish that I had typed out my playlists, too.  Undecided The artwork is beautiful and I think she did it?  I love the Alice in Wonderland motif. Excellent!!! Thank you!

i can't wait for you to give it a listen!  i hope you like it Smiley  and thank you for the kudos...the artwork is indeed mine...you can never go wrong with alice in wonderland...it's a fact Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Red Alibi

Change IS a Sound

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2006 10:30:23 AM »

ch-ch-cherrybomb.. You picked one of my fav bad religion songs! I'm a complete Greg Graffin fan Grin (didn't make it to my cd.. thought I'd try something newer.. I think i did at least)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ch-ch-cherrybomb
lovely as a split lip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2006 10:43:35 AM »

ch-ch-cherrybomb.. You picked one of my fav bad religion songs! I'm a complete Greg Graffin fan Grin (didn't make it to my cd.. thought I'd try something newer.. I think i did at least)
i saw them play many moons ago...(in 93 if i recall correctly)...it was a great show...sadly, they didn't play that song Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ch-ch-cherrybomb
lovely as a split lip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2006 11:36:32 AM »

indieanajess, i got your cds today! Grin
i am putting them into the cd player right now...you actually put a few of my favorites on them...i won't say which ones since i have no idea if your other partner received yet...and the cases are so cute!
thanks oodles!
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Red Alibi

Change IS a Sound

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2006 11:39:16 AM »

i saw the in 2004.. and 2005 i think
one was in 013 and the other was a festival..
The festival was real crap cause we got stuck behind 2 couples who were waiting for nightwish and were just being annoying and saying how bad/boring bad religion was.. poop on them

I do find it ashame they rush through the set.. hardly any talking at all Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indieanajess
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2006 11:44:47 AM »

indieanajess, i got your cds today! Grin
i am putting them into the cd player right now...you actually put a few of my favorites on them...i won't say which ones since i have no idea if your other partner received yet...and the cases are so cute!
thanks oodles!
 Grin

I'm glad you liked the cases! I wasn't sure they were gonna work, and then they ended up holding together. Emapril's in Sweden, so it might be a bit before I can post the lists.

And what's funny is you put some of my favorites on your CDs too. I couldn't tell which of my partners were supposed to be my opposite, because we all seemed to overlap.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006 11:48:58 AM by indieanajess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The frontal lobe is where it's at!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Snake
How to Design a Cartoon Shark
How to Create a Cartoon Tiger
How to Draw Scooby Doo
How to Draw a Wolf Howling
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...