A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,120
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make Me a Scarf Swap 2  (Read 23241 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

irilab
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2006 11:44:02 AM »

I'm glad it arrived safely ModernMantra, hope you get a lot of use out of it! Thanks for posting the pictures. Probably 'cause it's my first swap but it's a great kick to see the scarf I made, in a 'strange' background almost on the other side of the world! I might be weird but as kid I wondered a lot if other people and places would still exist even when I didn't see them.. and sending out a scarf into the 'unknown' and then seeing it re-appear.. it's like finally some real proof there is life out there  Grin  (okay I am weird...)

Silentementia that scarf is lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
danceisthenewmosh
Photographs may not lie, but liars may photograph

Kissing Toby Goodbye

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2006 06:24:27 PM »

I recieved from lylyfai today.  The scarf is wonderful!  Not only is it blue which is my favorite color, b ut it is my signature color blue.  She also sent a hook holder, a pin cushion, some monogram notes and a Piglet puppet, which my daughter is sleeping with as we speak.  I may not be ale to get a picture of that one.  Speaking of, the pics will come later because I had a freelance job earlier this week and the camera is still in the trunk.

Thank you so much, lylyfai.

becci
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apologies to whoever were upset by my absent.  I was in and out of the hospital from December 2007 until June 2008.
DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2006 12:09:18 PM »

I'm just curious--has anyone "heard" from our fearless leader, Crochetfairy?  I noticed that she hasn't been on here since 10/24 and I was getting a little concerned.  I hope everything is alright!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2006 02:48:08 PM »

I'm just curious--has anyone "heard" from our fearless leader, Crochetfairy?  I noticed that she hasn't been on here since 10/24 and I was getting a little concerned.  I hope everything is alright!  Cheesy

I noticed that too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
DisneyFan

« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2006 02:55:52 PM »

I noticed that too.

I went ahead and PMed her.  If I don't hear from her in a couple days, I'll PM a Mod.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2006 04:25:46 PM »

I'm ahead of you on that one.  Crochetfairy is my partner, and she had been planning to send on the 27th, then I heard nothing. I've PM'd her a few times, and have heard nothing, and her profile says she hasn't been on since October 24.  I PM'd one of the mods yesterday, just to alert them that something was up, in case someone would have to step in to update people's profiles etc. 

I, too, hope everything is okay.  Two weeks is a long time.  I have awful visions.  But I've been doing my best to send good vibes her way! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DisneyFan

« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2006 05:34:37 PM »

I'm ahead of you on that one.  Crochetfairy is my partner, and she had been planning to send on the 27th, then I heard nothing. I've PM'd her a few times, and have heard nothing, and her profile says she hasn't been on since October 24.  I PM'd one of the mods yesterday, just to alert them that something was up, in case someone would have to step in to update people's profiles etc. 

I, too, hope everything is okay.  Two weeks is a long time.  I have awful visions.  But I've been doing my best to send good vibes her way! 

Ahhh...every good! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lylyfai

Multi-Crafter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2006 07:06:30 AM »

I'm so glad you got it Mosh!! I was hoping Piglet would be a success! He wouldn't stand still for pics for me either...he was too busy digging around in the box lol. I already have a twin scarf on the needles for me! Enjoy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

145 dependents and counting=
139 dolls, 3 cats, 1 lost Hubby & Roland!
Preppin' for Ro's 3rd Bday- theme=Helicoptors!
http://www.adoptionsbygladney.com (Thank you!)
Petunia0384
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2006 10:55:29 AM »

I was home from work sick today, so imagine how excited I was to find out that I got my package!  The maintenance guy at my apartment complex had to use the jaws of life to get it out of our parcel locker (he's actually out there right now trying to fix it, lol), but I have my beautiful scarf from lelila!:

Close up of knitting detail

Close up of the flower

I didn't take any full length shots because I look/feel like crap, but it goes down to the tops of my thighs if it's not wound around my neck. Smiley

It's knit.  I have no idea what kind of knit, because I'm a crocheter. Wink  But isn't it pretttyyyy?  Hats off to lelila and a great first swap!

Oh, she also enclosed a Cadbury Carmello bar (which I was seriously eyeballing at the store yesterday, freaky)!  Those cure sickness, right? Wink

Thank you so much, lelila!  I love it!  The yarn is beautiful.  It's so soft and warm.  I'm putting the finishing touches on your scarf now.  I'm guessing the post office is closed for election day (anyone know for sure?), so I'll have it shipped out by Wednesday! Smiley
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011 12:41:16 PM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shainna Smiley

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." -Tennyson
DisneyFan

« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2006 10:59:20 AM »

It's so beautiful!  I love the colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Revlon Age Defying Wrinkle Remedy Line Filler Product Review
Kendall Jenner Makeup Tutorial
A Tomboy-Glam Makeover For Cassandra Bankson’s Biggest Fan
Make Your Lipstick Last the Entire Day
Hair Treatment Myths and Realities
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...