This swap is officially finished
Swap name: Altoid Tin Theme Swap Round 3
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: qazicat
Sign-up date range: Until 31 October or until swap vacancies are filled
Date to send item by: 20 November 2006
Limited to a certain number of people? 24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
All ages allowed? Yes, Under 16s will need parental permission
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
Details of swap:
Here's the deal. You will be given five theme ideas from your partner. You will choose one of those ideas, and re-con an Altoid tin according to the theme. (If you are unable to find an actual Altoid tin, you may use a substitute, provided you keep the size to anything smaller than 4" x 4" (10 cm x 10 cm), and not thicker than 1" (3 cm).) They don't have to be square or rectangular, I've seen some cool round tins. After the tin is decorated, you will fill the tin with tiny objects that also relate to the theme.
For example, if your partner chose "red" as a theme, you would decorate the box to reflect "red". It could just be different shades of red, or perhaps pictures of red items (roses, cherries, or firetrucks, etc.). Then, you decorate the interior of the box and fill it with red things...maybe a pair of red earrings, a red purse charm, some red hots...whatever "red" means to you. The catch is that you can only send the decorated tin and whatever fits into it. Nothing else! This will be a quick, fun swap.
There are some rules, though.
1. You MUST post in this thread so we can communicate with you easily. A simply "I'm in" will suffice.
2. You MUST get a DC number (US only), or it will be noted in your feedback. If you are shipping internationally please keep your receipt and take note of the customs number.
3. You MUST send on time and pm me with the DC number, OR communicate with me that you will be late. Do not make me have to ask you whether or not you have shipped. Poor communication will also be noted in your feedback.
4. All PMs MUST have Altoid tin theme swap Round 3 in the subject line (I get a lot of PMs and it gets confusing)
5. Last but not least...NO FLAKING! This is a relatively short turn around time, so make sure you have the time to commit and do a good job for your partner. It the timing doesn't work for you, please sit this one out. Wait for the next round.
Link to gallery for the 1st round: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=80409.0
Link to gallery for the 2nd round: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=106249.0
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Altoid tin theme swap Round 3
Your real name:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US/ your own country?
Least liked colours:
Anything else your partner should know (allergies, etc)?
What 5 themes would you like to receive? Please indicate if they are in order of preference or if you just wish to be surprised.
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANISER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM: Approved Participants
Gallery Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=129115.0