A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: It's time to vote for your favorite swapped project! Smiley  Vote now through Sunday, August 30th!
Total Members: 302,673
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cold Feet and however long it takes ya! Tutorial added!  (Read 304804 times)
Tags for this thread: mary_janes , slippers , tutorial , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2007 08:20:33 AM »

i would make more of these but they take me like 3-4 hours to make =[   and i love slippers i love doing p-swaps for them because i wear a pair of slippers almost every moment im not in shoes so they wear out =/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mbar03
« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2007 09:36:14 PM »

i have made about close to 10 of these, and including 3 for a swap... but i still have issues trying to attach the strap.  Should i make the strap then attach it on with the excess yarn?

I crocheted the edge to the other side.  I started it on one side, then made the strap as long as I wanted it, then I put it where I wanted it on the other side, chained one, and then single crocheted through the edge of the strap and the edge of the slipper, the I continued to crochet on the strap for a few more rows.  Clear as mud, right?

Here's a pic:

If you really don't understand, and want me to post pictures of it, I will.  I HAVE to make more of these.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imrahil
« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2007 11:47:38 PM »

The only problem is, is they are super slippery on my wood floors!

maybe you could use some less slippery yarn and sew a pattern on the soles? or sew on some sole-ish piece of fabric? that yarn looks so nice and soft Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2007 01:40:33 AM »

mbar03:  from the looks of the picture, you've crochet more stitches per round right?  do you keep increasing the rounds as before, 1 hdc, then 2 hdc?  it also looks like you finished the edge with more then one sc row... looks like 3?  I never thought of attaching it over the sides like what it looks like on your picture... maybe i will try that for the next one.  Is your slipper  made with many different yarn held together?  scrap yarn? 

honestly the slippers i make never match... i can't never seem to match the two sides no matter how hard i try.  my slippers are full of personality!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gwydion
« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2007 05:18:09 AM »

Serendipity, perhaps... my last pair of "house socks" developed a hole last night, and then I saw this post.  Thank you--that was a perfect quick project!  I modified them to make socks with a cuff, but still quick and easy.  And they actually FIT, which is something I can't say for most of my slipper patterns.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2007 10:49:08 AM »

The only problem is, is they are super slippery on my wood floors!

maybe you could use some less slippery yarn and sew a pattern on the soles? or sew on some sole-ish piece of fabric? that yarn looks so nice and soft Smiley

I have wood floors, too -- with that super shiny factory finish.  I paint on the bottoms of my slippers with fabric paint (I like to draw flowers, but wiggly lines would suffice).  Works like a charm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2007 03:40:02 PM »

I'm a beginner, so sorry if this is a stupid question. When it says Ch 2. then hdc however many it is and then repeat...Does it mean that I repeat the hdc or also the ch. 2? Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2007 04:37:36 PM »

just repeat the hdc -- the ch 2 counts as an hdc (it's your "turning chain" that brings you up to the next level of stitches)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2007 04:46:10 PM »

Ah...I see. Thank you. I decided to stop my crocheting and ask here, as it seemed to be growing too big for the size I needed. I would have been very frustrated if I had needed to frog even more. So, thanks again!  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007 10:26:35 PM by WIPs » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
mbar03
« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2007 04:56:53 PM »

mbar03:  from the looks of the picture, you've crochet more stitches per round right?  do you keep increasing the rounds as before, 1 hdc, then 2 hdc?  it also looks like you finished the edge with more then one sc row... looks like 3?  I never thought of attaching it over the sides like what it looks like on your picture... maybe i will try that for the next one.  Is your slipper  made with many different yarn held together?  scrap yarn? 

honestly the slippers i make never match... i can't never seem to match the two sides no matter how hard i try.  my slippers are full of personality!!

I don't think that I actually did crochet more stitches per round.  I pretty much followed the directions.  However, I did use a much smaller hook - an H - because that was what I had at home.  At the back, toward the heel, when I was getting close to the last rows, I took out a total of two stitches - one in each row - to end up with 12 stitches at the end, instead of 14. It just shaped the heel a little more.

I used two different yarns held together - one was textured and one was plain.  Then I used just the plain yarn for the edging - and I did three sc rows - I also shaped it a little - taking out a stitch here and there.

And, I've crocheted for years - since elementary school, so I've had a lot of time to practice.  Waaaay too much time.

I hope that answered all of your questions - maybe more information than you needed!  But if not, let me know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Essential Christmas Dish Ideas
Keeping Track of National Food Holidays
4 Holiday Recipes Perfect for Christmas Morning
How to Make Bacon-Covered Grilled Cheese Cronuts
How to Make Eggs Benedict With White Asparagus
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...