A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 306,367
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cold Feet and however long it takes ya! Tutorial added!  (Read 346071 times)
Tags for this thread: mary_janes , slippers , tutorial , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2007 08:20:33 AM »

i would make more of these but they take me like 3-4 hours to make =[   and i love slippers i love doing p-swaps for them because i wear a pair of slippers almost every moment im not in shoes so they wear out =/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mbar03
« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2007 09:36:14 PM »

i have made about close to 10 of these, and including 3 for a swap... but i still have issues trying to attach the strap.  Should i make the strap then attach it on with the excess yarn?

I crocheted the edge to the other side.  I started it on one side, then made the strap as long as I wanted it, then I put it where I wanted it on the other side, chained one, and then single crocheted through the edge of the strap and the edge of the slipper, the I continued to crochet on the strap for a few more rows.  Clear as mud, right?

Here's a pic:

If you really don't understand, and want me to post pictures of it, I will.  I HAVE to make more of these.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imrahil
« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2007 11:47:38 PM »

The only problem is, is they are super slippery on my wood floors!

maybe you could use some less slippery yarn and sew a pattern on the soles? or sew on some sole-ish piece of fabric? that yarn looks so nice and soft Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2007 01:40:33 AM »

mbar03:  from the looks of the picture, you've crochet more stitches per round right?  do you keep increasing the rounds as before, 1 hdc, then 2 hdc?  it also looks like you finished the edge with more then one sc row... looks like 3?  I never thought of attaching it over the sides like what it looks like on your picture... maybe i will try that for the next one.  Is your slipper  made with many different yarn held together?  scrap yarn? 

honestly the slippers i make never match... i can't never seem to match the two sides no matter how hard i try.  my slippers are full of personality!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gwydion
« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2007 05:18:09 AM »

Serendipity, perhaps... my last pair of "house socks" developed a hole last night, and then I saw this post.  Thank you--that was a perfect quick project!  I modified them to make socks with a cuff, but still quick and easy.  And they actually FIT, which is something I can't say for most of my slipper patterns.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2007 10:49:08 AM »

The only problem is, is they are super slippery on my wood floors!

maybe you could use some less slippery yarn and sew a pattern on the soles? or sew on some sole-ish piece of fabric? that yarn looks so nice and soft Smiley

I have wood floors, too -- with that super shiny factory finish.  I paint on the bottoms of my slippers with fabric paint (I like to draw flowers, but wiggly lines would suffice).  Works like a charm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2007 03:40:02 PM »

I'm a beginner, so sorry if this is a stupid question. When it says Ch 2. then hdc however many it is and then repeat...Does it mean that I repeat the hdc or also the ch. 2? Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2007 04:37:36 PM »

just repeat the hdc -- the ch 2 counts as an hdc (it's your "turning chain" that brings you up to the next level of stitches)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2007 04:46:10 PM »

Ah...I see. Thank you. I decided to stop my crocheting and ask here, as it seemed to be growing too big for the size I needed. I would have been very frustrated if I had needed to frog even more. So, thanks again!  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007 10:26:35 PM by WIPs » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
mbar03
« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2007 04:56:53 PM »

mbar03:  from the looks of the picture, you've crochet more stitches per round right?  do you keep increasing the rounds as before, 1 hdc, then 2 hdc?  it also looks like you finished the edge with more then one sc row... looks like 3?  I never thought of attaching it over the sides like what it looks like on your picture... maybe i will try that for the next one.  Is your slipper  made with many different yarn held together?  scrap yarn? 

honestly the slippers i make never match... i can't never seem to match the two sides no matter how hard i try.  my slippers are full of personality!!

I don't think that I actually did crochet more stitches per round.  I pretty much followed the directions.  However, I did use a much smaller hook - an H - because that was what I had at home.  At the back, toward the heel, when I was getting close to the last rows, I took out a total of two stitches - one in each row - to end up with 12 stitches at the end, instead of 14. It just shaped the heel a little more.

I used two different yarns held together - one was textured and one was plain.  Then I used just the plain yarn for the edging - and I did three sc rows - I also shaped it a little - taking out a stitch here and there.

And, I've crocheted for years - since elementary school, so I've had a lot of time to practice.  Waaaay too much time.

I hope that answered all of your questions - maybe more information than you needed!  But if not, let me know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
David A. Kessler Talks About The End of Overeating
ReShonda Tate Billingsley Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Suzy Welch Reveals Who She Admires Most
Mark Bittman Reveals His Greatest Achievement
Suzy Welch Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Cake Stands
February 3, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: 3-D Heart Card

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...