A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 307,598
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bringing back the uniform.... ideas needed!  (Read 1835 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tripleabatterie
« on: September 07, 2004 03:06:05 PM »

first day of school tomorrow, and i'm in quite the mood for dressing abnormal.... or like the elementary kids in my school that still have to wear a uniform.....

i want to basically wear my old school uniform, but "spruced up".... i have a plaid skirt that looks like a uniform skirt that i took the waistband off of and sewed a ribbon around the top so that it sits on my hips rather than the "dent" i have at my waist....

here's where i need nifty ideas... i have all my old school blouses... white, oxford collar, two shortsleeve and one long... and i also have a white polo shirt.... they basically still fit me well (though seethrough). i want to do something to one of them to wear tomorrow... but i'm fresh out of ideas, and was wondering if anyone could help me.......

side note: i am not a girly girl, can't stand pink, not too fond of preppyness (hence one of the reasons for wanting to change the blouse) i do have a sewing machine, and could probably make a quick run to super-walmart if i needed ribbon or something

thanks muchly! if you would like pictures of the blouses or the skirt, let me know and i can post some
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004 03:12:47 PM by tripleabatterie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i could be serious.....

but what's the fun in that?
whisp of lace
Kitty goes mew?

But who can decide what they dream? And Dream I do

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004 06:46:28 PM »

can u post a pic? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~*Don't say i'm out of touch
with this rampant chaos - your reality
I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge
the nightmare I built my own world to escape!*~*
jem_girl
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004 06:52:44 PM »

I think you should stencil something on the blousey shirts...or something i did was make a bird stencil and spraypaint it on my hoodie. If youre not into that look then...sew on fabric shapes and patches...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tripleabatterie
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004 07:21:23 PM »

THIS ROCKS   Logged

i could be serious.....

but what's the fun in that?
april_cocaine
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004 03:51:24 PM »

i think you should change all the buttons on the shirt to random coloured ones, maybe even different sizes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FunkyOlive
Revolution Rock-making, Screen-printing, "Next Great American Novel"-writing collage artist/enigma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004 04:47:35 PM »

i would try transfering rebelious, tatoo like deal all over the blouse, or pinstripe it in red or something... you could tear the heck outta the bottom of your skirt like those pixie skirts posted all over craftster.... just some ideas. go you for being individual!
-olive
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geedownie
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004 05:07:30 PM »

If you can show midriff you could do a v cut on the blouse (black triangle), maybe use some black satin ribbon to trim it out(white arrows).

Maybe do a stencil with a prison motif... some number on the chest and maybe your high school's name on the back in stenciled letters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lindsayanne
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004 06:37:47 PM »

I've got letsread's giraffe skirt on the mind I think... How cool would it be sew a felt or stitch abn outline of a giraffe body on the skirt and then have the neck and head going up the shirt. Rock.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Trim the Tree: Crafty Ornaments for the Holiday Season
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Christmas Tree Hat for a Cat
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Hot/Cold Rice Packs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...