A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 305,018
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hand painted ceramics-Picture heavy! *Crazy lady just added more pics*  (Read 3655 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

recyclednew
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2004 07:22:37 PM »

All your work is beautiful! I love ceramics! I worked with clay for about 10 years and finally the community college forbid me to take any of the classes over again because I've gotten an A every time and financial aid is only suppose to cover each course 2 times maximum and the 2nd times only supose to be if you fail the 1st time!  Cheesy I don't follow rules very well! lol  But ceramics is very theraputic! I wish I could afford to have my own ceramic studio but perhaps in time I shall! Have you ever done raku firing? It's apsolutely phanominal! It's a form of low fire and the glazes are so beautiful! If I find the pix of my stuff I'll post it! Your work is gorgious! Keep up the good work!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

art is a drug in which i cannot live without!
706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2004 09:27:41 PM »

I agree, recyclednew, ceramics is very theraputic!!  In fact, ceramics has increased my confidence in crafting in general.  Its opened up the flood gates for everything else I do thats crafty!! Wink

I'd love to do a raku firing!!  Someday, I will take an actual ceramics (make stuff with clay, just not from greenware) and will try raku......I love the randomness and imperfections it creates.

Maybe you could take an adult/community education class in ceramics instead of through the college?  How about your local art center? 

I'd love to see your work!  Make sure you post pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Curly Half Updo
How to Use Hair Dryer Attachments
How to Do Cute Hairstyles for Long Hair
How to Do Cute Hairstyles for Medium Length Hair
How to Treat Dry, Frizzy Hair
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...