A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,657
Currently Running With Scissors:
503 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Plano area people??  (Read 6634 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

katie_ramone9
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006 10:51:02 AM »

i would really like it if we did a meet up near by since driving to ft worth was a little too long of a drive (hi jshires!).  during the weekdays are good for me if its around lunch time (not too early and not too late).  i know, i know, your thinking i should be in school but I'm homeschooled so my schedule pretty flexible.  Saturdays also work good for me but sundays wont work.  i really liked that we brought handmade stuff to swap at the ft worth one so i think that would be fun or even bring craft supplies you dont use (i scored a bunch of yarn at the last meet up).  i would say lets not meet up at the mall, it was a little crazy and i dont really like malls.  but then again, if people need to bring their family with them (like i did) then the mall works really good cause the fam can cruise around while you chat.  i think it would be fun to meet up at a cafe or coffee shop even thought i dont drink coffee.  i just like the atmosphere at cafes and coffee shops.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strutter
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006 04:49:21 PM »

i would really like it if we did a meet up near by since driving to ft worth was a little too long of a drive (hi jshires!).  during the weekdays are good for me if its around lunch time (not too early and not too late).  i know, i know, your thinking i should be in school but I'm homeschooled so my schedule pretty flexible.  Saturdays also work good for me but sundays wont work.  i really liked that we brought handmade stuff to swap at the ft worth one so i think that would be fun or even bring craft supplies you dont use (i scored a bunch of yarn at the last meet up).  i would say lets not meet up at the mall, it was a little crazy and i dont really like malls.  but then again, if people need to bring their family with them (like i did) then the mall works really good cause the fam can cruise around while you chat.  i think it would be fun to meet up at a cafe or coffee shop even thought i dont drink coffee.  i just like the atmosphere at cafes and coffee shops.

Yeah, I not much of a mall person myself. I only go there very few times. I live near the Collin Creek Mall though.  Smiley A cafe sounds kinda cool. There's a coffe shop in Downtown Plano if you guys want to go there. Btw Katie, I think it's awesome your homeschooled. I like what home/unschooling about, but I'm graduating early next year, so it's cool.

I'll bring some stenciling supplies. How about a Saturday in November?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bourgeois
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006 06:41:26 PM »

I'm obviously very flexible.  The cafe I am thinking of is called Fusion Cafe.  Heard of it?  I'm all about bringing stuff to trade, that would be fun.  A saturday in november sounds good. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.theknittingdietitian.blogspot.com
on ravelry- knittingdietitian
katie_ramone9
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006 06:12:02 AM »

Yeah, I not much of a mall person myself. I only go there very few times. I live near the Collin Creek Mall though.  Smiley A cafe sounds kinda cool. There's a coffe shop in Downtown Plano if you guys want to go there. Btw Katie, I think it's awesome your homeschooled. I like what home/unschooling about, but I'm graduating early next year, so it's cool.

a saturday in november sounds good to me.   I dont really go to plano that often cause pretty much anything i need is in mckinney or allen so i dont know many of the stores/food places there (aside from woolie ewe and joanns) but im cool with anywhere.  i dont really know what i could bring.  im really good at sewing but i cant really bring my machine.  I could sew some things to give to you all.  and i know how to knit.  but just very basic knitting...like i could teach someone who doesnt know a thing about knitting but i couldnt teach anyone cables or stuff like that. 

I love homeschooling! i started about 2 monthes after we moved here in my 9th grade year because i had such a hard time adjusting.  im graduating a year early too, or more like im getting my GED.  and then its off to college for me!

back on subject: we are also having a meetup in grapevine http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=125401.90  but i think most of you have posted on or seen the thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strutter
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006 03:23:12 PM »

I'm obviously very flexible.  The cafe I am thinking of is called Fusion Cafe.  Heard of it?  I'm all about bringing stuff to trade, that would be fun.  A saturday in november sounds good. 

Yeah, I've heard of it. It used to be called Coffee Haus (sp?)?

a saturday in november sounds good to me.   I dont really go to plano that often cause pretty much anything i need is in mckinney or allen so i dont know many of the stores/food places there (aside from woolie ewe and joanns) but im cool with anywhere.  i dont really know what i could bring.  im really good at sewing but i cant really bring my machine.  I could sew some things to give to you all.  and i know how to knit.  but just very basic knitting...like i could teach someone who doesnt know a thing about knitting but i couldnt teach anyone cables or stuff like that. 

I love homeschooling! i started about 2 monthes after we moved here in my 9th grade year because i had such a hard time adjusting.  im graduating a year early too, or more like im getting my GED.  and then its off to college for me!

back on subject: we are also having a meetup in grapevine http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=125401.90  but i think most of you have posted on or seen the thread.

We could all bring stuff already handmade, and if anyone has supplies for whatever, can bring that to. Now I guess all we have to do is set a date and time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katie_ramone9s_mom

Pants? We don't need no stinking pants!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006 06:21:05 PM »

You can count me in too....since katie_ramone9 doesn't drive and will ask me to bring her (since I am her mom)!  But I think it will be fun too, unless I am old enough to be everyones mom...then it would be weird! Smiley   But then again, I don't mind hanging with Katie....except when she burps!  Grin  Ahhh well!

Burgeois....I am looking for a job too, so I guess we are both in the same boat.  Had a couple of interviews this week, just waiting for the good news (trying to be optomistic!).  Good luck finding a job...what field are you looking for work in?  I found a really good job search site.  www.indeed.com  You can search many websites at once. 

So for now, katie_ramone and I are in and our schedules are pretty flexible.

Thanks~!!~!
Barbra
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bourgeois
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006 07:28:32 AM »

That sounds good to me!  What about the 1st Saturday in November? 

katie's mom- I am a dietitian (just graduated) and I've been on 7 interviews!  I'm supposedly going to hear back from 2 of them this week.  It is exhausting!  I'll have to check out that website.  And good luck to you too!! 

Since we just moved to Texas I don't know people (dietitians), and that definately helps!

veganxwater- I'm not actually sure what is used to be called because we've only lived here 2 months. 

I will probably bring a knitting project.  And if anyone is interested in learning to knit or learning a new knitting technique, I'd be happy to teach!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.theknittingdietitian.blogspot.com
on ravelry- knittingdietitian
jshires

Bye bye boys! Have fun storming the castle!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006 10:53:34 AM »

Ooh...I'm working for a ceiling fan store that is opening in Plano (across from Macy's at collin Creek if anyone is interested...) BUT, our grand opening is planned for the first Sat. in November (the 4th I think it is...) So I won't be able to make it then.  Cry But hopefully I can come to the next one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jessi~La

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; Never throw out anyone." ~Audrey Hepburn
My Wists
My Blog
Strutter
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006 03:47:30 PM »

That sounds good to me!  What about the 1st Saturday in November?

I will probably bring a knitting project.  And if anyone is interested in learning to knit or learning a new knitting technique, I'd be happy to teach!

1st of Nov. sounds good to me. What time? I'm interested in knitting. I just don't undertstand. I think I might have to get new needles though...

Btw, I have info. for documentary night if you guys want to come.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006 03:49:34 PM by veganxwater » THIS ROCKS   Logged

justjenn81

Sitting in my corner of Texas!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006 07:27:23 PM »

Hi, I live in North Garland.  I'm not a knitter but I have plenty of knitting stuff.  I just need to be taught to knit I guess.  Wink

I am a quilter, a scrapbooker, a crafty godess.... LOL!

I will be out of town the first weekend in November (Quilt Show in Houston) but would love to do something after the first of the year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Blow Dry Afro-Caribean Hair
How to Blow Dry Curly Hair Straight
How to Blow Dry Curly Hair to Straight
How to Blow Dry Hair Fast
How to Blow Dry Hair with a Natural Wave
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...