A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,103
Currently Running With Scissors:
497 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Plano area people??  (Read 6430 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bourgeois
« on: October 15, 2006 04:19:00 PM »

Hi!  I just moved to Plano about 2 months ago.  My boyfriend and I just graduated from college and he got a sweet job here.  Yeah, so I do not have any crafty friends nearby anymore Sad  If anyone is interested in meeting somewhere (not too too far) sometime, that would be awesome.  Knitters, or general craftsters. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.theknittingdietitian.blogspot.com
on ravelry- knittingdietitian
katie_ramone9
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006 05:06:30 PM »

hey i live in mckinney and i knit (im a newbie knitter tho) and sew and dabble in other random crafts sometimes.  Id love to meet up since i too have no crafty friends nearby.  moving sucks! i moved to mckinney 2 yrs ago.  I know there are quite a few dallas area craftsters here because there was a thread (this one actually  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=27809.0 ) where tons of people posted.

now tell me youve atleast been to woolie ewe?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bourgeois
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006 11:39:44 AM »

Oh we go to McKinney often to play disc golf.  And I haven't been the the woolie ewe yet, but I saw it the other day!  I'm trying not to go there until I get a job (haha!).  I don't trust that I would have any self control.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kiwicrew
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006 12:58:05 AM »

I live in Plano. Smiley  Sadly (somewhat) though, I've been here all my life.  Feel free to message me if you want to meet up somewhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Strutter
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006 05:05:47 PM »

Hell yes. I live in Plano as well. I think it would be cool if we had a Plano meetup for us craftsters. Also, my sister hosts a doc. night on a sunday once a month, so you anyone in Texas is welcome to come to that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bourgeois
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006 09:14:26 AM »

Awesome!  We should totally have a Plano meetup.  I live in the down-townish area and there are several cool places where we could meet.  Parks and coffee shops/cafes.  Would you guys be up for doing something like this soon?  Oh and I don't know what a doc. night is.  But I would like to know Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strutter
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006 05:04:00 PM »

Awesome!  We should totally have a Plano meetup.  I live in the down-townish area and there are several cool places where we could meet.  Parks and coffee shops/cafes.  Would you guys be up for doing something like this soon?  Oh and I don't know what a doc. night is.  But I would like to know Wink

Are you near the DT Plano Station?

Documentary night. Free veg potluck as well. When the next one is, I'm PM anyone of you who wants to go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jshires

Bye bye boys! Have fun storming the castle!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006 05:47:29 PM »

Ooh! Count me in if you do meetup. I live in N Dallas/Carrollton area, but I work in Plano so I am always in the area. I just did a meetup in Ft. Worth (Katie_Ramone was there too...Hi Katie!) And it was a Blast!! I would love to do it again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jessi~La

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; Never throw out anyone." ~Audrey Hepburn
My Wists
My Blog
Bourgeois
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006 07:00:25 PM »

When is a good time for everyone to meet up?  Is an afternoon during the week okay?  Or weekends better?  I currently am job-hunting... which means free all the time.  Unfortunately, hehe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strutter
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006 06:55:41 AM »

I have school, so nothing between 9:00 am - 4:15 pm. Monday - Friday.

I can possibly after those hours, or definitely a Saturday or Sunday.

Also, what should we bring, and where should we meet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katie_ramone9
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006 10:51:02 AM »

i would really like it if we did a meet up near by since driving to ft worth was a little too long of a drive (hi jshires!).  during the weekdays are good for me if its around lunch time (not too early and not too late).  i know, i know, your thinking i should be in school but I'm homeschooled so my schedule pretty flexible.  Saturdays also work good for me but sundays wont work.  i really liked that we brought handmade stuff to swap at the ft worth one so i think that would be fun or even bring craft supplies you dont use (i scored a bunch of yarn at the last meet up).  i would say lets not meet up at the mall, it was a little crazy and i dont really like malls.  but then again, if people need to bring their family with them (like i did) then the mall works really good cause the fam can cruise around while you chat.  i think it would be fun to meet up at a cafe or coffee shop even thought i dont drink coffee.  i just like the atmosphere at cafes and coffee shops.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strutter
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006 04:49:21 PM »

i would really like it if we did a meet up near by since driving to ft worth was a little too long of a drive (hi jshires!).  during the weekdays are good for me if its around lunch time (not too early and not too late).  i know, i know, your thinking i should be in school but I'm homeschooled so my schedule pretty flexible.  Saturdays also work good for me but sundays wont work.  i really liked that we brought handmade stuff to swap at the ft worth one so i think that would be fun or even bring craft supplies you dont use (i scored a bunch of yarn at the last meet up).  i would say lets not meet up at the mall, it was a little crazy and i dont really like malls.  but then again, if people need to bring their family with them (like i did) then the mall works really good cause the fam can cruise around while you chat.  i think it would be fun to meet up at a cafe or coffee shop even thought i dont drink coffee.  i just like the atmosphere at cafes and coffee shops.

Yeah, I not much of a mall person myself. I only go there very few times. I live near the Collin Creek Mall though.  Smiley A cafe sounds kinda cool. There's a coffe shop in Downtown Plano if you guys want to go there. Btw Katie, I think it's awesome your homeschooled. I like what home/unschooling about, but I'm graduating early next year, so it's cool.

I'll bring some stenciling supplies. How about a Saturday in November?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bourgeois
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006 06:41:26 PM »

I'm obviously very flexible.  The cafe I am thinking of is called Fusion Cafe.  Heard of it?  I'm all about bringing stuff to trade, that would be fun.  A saturday in november sounds good. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katie_ramone9
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006 06:12:02 AM »

Yeah, I not much of a mall person myself. I only go there very few times. I live near the Collin Creek Mall though.  Smiley A cafe sounds kinda cool. There's a coffe shop in Downtown Plano if you guys want to go there. Btw Katie, I think it's awesome your homeschooled. I like what home/unschooling about, but I'm graduating early next year, so it's cool.

a saturday in november sounds good to me.   I dont really go to plano that often cause pretty much anything i need is in mckinney or allen so i dont know many of the stores/food places there (aside from woolie ewe and joanns) but im cool with anywhere.  i dont really know what i could bring.  im really good at sewing but i cant really bring my machine.  I could sew some things to give to you all.  and i know how to knit.  but just very basic knitting...like i could teach someone who doesnt know a thing about knitting but i couldnt teach anyone cables or stuff like that. 

I love homeschooling! i started about 2 monthes after we moved here in my 9th grade year because i had such a hard time adjusting.  im graduating a year early too, or more like im getting my GED.  and then its off to college for me!

back on subject: we are also having a meetup in grapevine http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=125401.90  but i think most of you have posted on or seen the thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strutter
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006 03:23:12 PM »

I'm obviously very flexible.  The cafe I am thinking of is called Fusion Cafe.  Heard of it?  I'm all about bringing stuff to trade, that would be fun.  A saturday in november sounds good. 

Yeah, I've heard of it. It used to be called Coffee Haus (sp?)?

a saturday in november sounds good to me.   I dont really go to plano that often cause pretty much anything i need is in mckinney or allen so i dont know many of the stores/food places there (aside from woolie ewe and joanns) but im cool with anywhere.  i dont really know what i could bring.  im really good at sewing but i cant really bring my machine.  I could sew some things to give to you all.  and i know how to knit.  but just very basic knitting...like i could teach someone who doesnt know a thing about knitting but i couldnt teach anyone cables or stuff like that. 

I love homeschooling! i started about 2 monthes after we moved here in my 9th grade year because i had such a hard time adjusting.  im graduating a year early too, or more like im getting my GED.  and then its off to college for me!

back on subject: we are also having a meetup in grapevine http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=125401.90  but i think most of you have posted on or seen the thread.

We could all bring stuff already handmade, and if anyone has supplies for whatever, can bring that to. Now I guess all we have to do is set a date and time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katie_ramone9s_mom

Pants? We don't need no stinking pants!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006 06:21:05 PM »

You can count me in too....since katie_ramone9 doesn't drive and will ask me to bring her (since I am her mom)!  But I think it will be fun too, unless I am old enough to be everyones mom...then it would be weird! Smiley   But then again, I don't mind hanging with Katie....except when she burps!  Grin  Ahhh well!

Burgeois....I am looking for a job too, so I guess we are both in the same boat.  Had a couple of interviews this week, just waiting for the good news (trying to be optomistic!).  Good luck finding a job...what field are you looking for work in?  I found a really good job search site.  www.indeed.com  You can search many websites at once. 

So for now, katie_ramone and I are in and our schedules are pretty flexible.

Thanks~!!~!
Barbra
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bourgeois
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006 07:28:32 AM »

That sounds good to me!  What about the 1st Saturday in November? 

katie's mom- I am a dietitian (just graduated) and I've been on 7 interviews!  I'm supposedly going to hear back from 2 of them this week.  It is exhausting!  I'll have to check out that website.  And good luck to you too!! 

Since we just moved to Texas I don't know people (dietitians), and that definately helps!

veganxwater- I'm not actually sure what is used to be called because we've only lived here 2 months. 

I will probably bring a knitting project.  And if anyone is interested in learning to knit or learning a new knitting technique, I'd be happy to teach!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jshires

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006 10:53:34 AM »

Ooh...I'm working for a ceiling fan store that is opening in Plano (across from Macy's at collin Creek if anyone is interested...) BUT, our grand opening is planned for the first Sat. in November (the 4th I think it is...) So I won't be able to make it then.  Cry But hopefully I can come to the next one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jessi~La

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; Never throw out anyone." ~Audrey Hepburn
My Wists
My Blog
Strutter
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006 03:47:30 PM »

That sounds good to me!  What about the 1st Saturday in November?

I will probably bring a knitting project.  And if anyone is interested in learning to knit or learning a new knitting technique, I'd be happy to teach!

1st of Nov. sounds good to me. What time? I'm interested in knitting. I just don't undertstand. I think I might have to get new needles though...

Btw, I have info. for documentary night if you guys want to come.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006 03:49:34 PM by veganxwater » THIS ROCKS   Logged

justjenn81

Sitting in my corner of Texas!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006 07:27:23 PM »

Hi, I live in North Garland.  I'm not a knitter but I have plenty of knitting stuff.  I just need to be taught to knit I guess.  Wink

I am a quilter, a scrapbooker, a crafty godess.... LOL!

I will be out of town the first weekend in November (Quilt Show in Houston) but would love to do something after the first of the year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bourgeois
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006 08:29:45 AM »

Sure, tell us about the documentary night.

And if all goes well, we should have another meetup so others don't miss out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bourgeois
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2006 06:23:18 PM »

Okay.  I cannot do the meetup this Sat, I'm sorry!  I'm having an unexpected visitor.  And the next weekend I am going to Houston for a family reunion.  Do you think we could come up with a different date?  If anyone wants to get together Friday afternoon like 3 to 6ish?  Or an afternoon next week?

I want to encourage whoever is free to still meetup this Saturday, if you want. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cocofang
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2007 08:48:43 PM »

I live in Anna (it's 7 miles north of McKinney) So I'm in the area kinda. I moved here in october and would love to meet up with people as I don't know anyone here yet, and this way I'd meet people who share my interests.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kdbcooper

Red Hot Threads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007 09:02:48 AM »

Hey- I live in Allen and would love to meet up.  Saturdays are not
good for me, but Sundays and evenings work good most of the time.  I work as an makeup artist for MAC, so I'm always working on Saturdays.  I think it would be fun to get together a group.  We could trade, and maybe bring current projects that we are working on to show and get feedback, answer questions.  Maybe we could even do a featured project of the month, and that person could do a little education on the process they are taking.  Or, if there is a small businees owner (crafty) that would like to do a little inservice, that would be cool too.  Just some ideas. 
I would be happy to help pull this together, as I don't work during the days and have free time. 

Donna

THIS ROCKS   Logged
katie_ramone9
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2007 02:38:34 PM »

We have a meet-up planned for this month in Colleyville if you want to come.  I don't think we ever had enough interest in a Plano meet-up but we have lots of ladies who come to the DFW ones.  Here's the thread   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=125401.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bourgeois
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2007 02:12:29 PM »

Hi kdbcooper and other recent responses.  I kinda dropped off the craftster radar for a bit.  I got engaged on New Years and have been spaztically planning my wedding since then Smiley 

I would still like to get together with some crafty people though.  I think a Sunday or evening would be great.  I do work during weekdays, I'm a dietitian. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jshires

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2007 10:03:29 PM »

Wow I hadn't been following this thread because of the insane amount of work my profs expected of me last semester, but now that I am finished for the semester, I have more free time. Sundays and evenings (after 7) are great for me, as I don't work then, if anyone is still interested...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jessi~La

My Wists
My Blog
Marys Madness
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007 02:14:53 AM »

So, have you all met up yet? 

I'm in North Plano out by Park and Preston!  Would be fun to meet up with you all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bourgeois
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2008 09:48:33 AM »

hey we never did go through with meeting up..  anyone still interested?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xstitchdollx
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2008 09:04:25 PM »

shoot. i'd be down. i just started reading along but i live near plano. in garland. I'm deff up for a craft meeting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bourgeois
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2008 07:20:34 AM »

weekends are best for me. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chibibotto
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2008 06:29:48 PM »

i just moved to mckinney about 2 weeks ago from sweden.
so i'd love to met some new crafty friends or just friends in general,
however i don't have a car yet. and havn't been very active on the forum lately..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music
DRyan327
Purple Toes Jewelry by DRyan327

Come See Me: http://www.dryan327.etsy.com

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2009 09:28:28 PM »

I live in Frisco.  I have a handmade jewelry site on ETSY...called

http://www.dryan327.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.dryan327.etsy.c om
I love handmade!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Decorate Pottery with a Slip
How to Build LEGO Animaniacs Wakko
How to Build LEGO Animaniacs Yakko
How to Build LEGO Animaniacs Dot
How to Build LEGO Minicon Safeguard
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...