A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 304,877
Currently Running With Scissors:
770 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Severed Witches Fingers!  (Read 7862 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chuck_t
« on: October 15, 2006 02:12:53 AM »

Hello all. Thank you for your community...

This is my first post in this forum, but the zombie cake made me really want to share some fun things that I made last year for halloween. For some reason, I was really into this idea of making things that tasted good and were totally edible, but had a strong psychological barrier. Plus, we had a recipe contest at work and the judges were required to try all the recipes (heh heh) which made it all the more fun.

It being my first post and all, I can't inline photos, but trust me, they are worth clicking...

I made three things:

SeVeREd WITcheS FinGeRS
These were based on a recipe I found on the net. My additions were green food coloring and a little raspberry jam on the end of each one to make it look as if it were torn away from a larger witches hand.

Birdshit Brownies
These are just straight brownies with a "topping". The topping is double-boiled white chocolate with some cocoa krispies thrown in and just before putting over the brownies, a swirl of dark chocolate. Once that's swirled in, grab a scoop with a large spoon and sail it over the top, unloading the bomb as the spoon just moves over the brownies (for maximum effect)

Potty Trainer Jello

For this one, I got a baby toilet from Target and set to work making a swirl by adding Almond flour (from Trader Joe's) to double-boiled chocolate, until it gets mealy and has some texture. I spooned it up and let it drop into the bottom of the bowl (saying, "Holy Shit, this is TOO real). Then, I made some lemon jello, poured it in the top, and put it in the refrigerator to set.

Others have suggested adding a few pieces of rice paper. I think I would throw up in my mouth a little were I to do it myself.

This year, I'm trying to think up some new recipes. Here's what I have so far.

- Ashtrays: Crumbled up Oreo cookie shells with powedered sugar in an ashtray with candy cigarettes

- Hairballs: Make black (or orange and white) cotton candy and kind of mash it together. Maybe with some swirled dark chocolate in the middle with some marshmallow.

Suggestions?

Chuck T.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006 05:35:25 PM by chuck_t » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dishwasher182
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006 07:30:28 AM »

ahh!! those are awesome!!! I love the witch fingers... hmm i should make those for my work... haha..
I love gross cakes!! I made a kitty litter box cake once for my coworkers..(i work at a vet too.. Smiley and they all thought it was the grossest thing ever.. but they ate it Smiley
Nice job!! Ooo i definatly like the hairball idea!! Definatly post if you make any more gross stuff~!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
curvykitten
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006 07:41:45 AM »

HAHAHAH!!!  Stellar ideas, and perfect execution!  I gotta say the brownies really grossed me out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rawk!
chuck_t
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006 09:51:32 AM »

Thanks for the compliments! I'll try to get some photos of this year's desserts.

In the meantime, would one of you sweeties mind posting those photos inline so people don't have to click the links to get to them (Or I could just post "awesome!" 8 times in another forum and come back) Smiley

chuck_t
THIS ROCKS   Logged
charaxesdistanti
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006 10:56:27 AM »

Those are really neat. The brownie bird poop one was pretty nasty looking but I would eat it! I love that toilet.

Also the ashtray idea, is genius, you sure are creative. Can't wait to see more creations.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Tell us a story, I know you're not boring"
tofuttibreak
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006 07:04:59 PM »

those are all truly disgusting! nice!
i can't wait to see photos of your new ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chuck_t
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006 05:36:17 PM »

Yay! 11 posts! I can now inline photos so here you go...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Janny-Poo
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006 04:25:04 AM »

lol!! Thats sick!! but oh so awesome!! Wow-wooooowwwwww. Youre my hero!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lol-lol
www.osier.com.au

i love my rabbit, sam. and he loves me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006 09:41:21 AM »

omgosh... wikked cool.

hey, i wanna make me some of these witch fingers... could you please post a link to the recipie you used?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps :: www.osier.com.au
chuck_t
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006 09:46:25 AM »

omgosh... wikked cool.

hey, i wanna make me some of these witch fingers... could you please post a link to the recipie you used?

Here's the recipe

I added green food coloring to the dough and some raspberry jam to the ends to make them look like they were cut off (or torn if you're really sick).  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 4/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 5/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 3/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 2/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 1/10
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...