A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 304,866
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Winter 06 Interweave Knits Preview!  (Read 2874 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

knitticle

staring at the sun

View Profile WWW
« on: October 14, 2006 02:39:47 PM »

For anyone who was worried that the holiday issue was all we'd see from Interweave this winter (I was Roll Eyes) have no fear--the preview is up!

I have to say I love this one. Cabernet Ribs, Equestrian Blazer, Nantucket Jacket, Provincial Waistcoat...ahh I like Rambling Rose and Venezia too but not sure I'd knit them. Wee, knitting magazines are the bomb-diggity!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

because, you see, the internet is made up of a series of tubes...
knitticle
erincatherine
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006 02:49:39 PM »

interweave was on a slippery slope downward recently, but i have to agree with you on this one: it looks VERY promising.  yay for fitted, flattering, non-bulky gauge knits!
i am so glad i finally bought a subscription!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my etsy shop! Zeitgeist Yarns: www.zeitgeistyarns.etsy.com

and my brand new blog: www.zeitgeistyarns.blogspot.com
pinkyswear
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006 02:51:45 PM »

I looked through it and thought wow, this is great, nothing I don't like...until I saw Annie Modesitt's corded yoke pullover. It looks vaguely choking to me. Not my style but wow, the Pewter Coat is in my future!

EDIT: I just did a double take. The designer of the Rambling Rose Cardigan works at my most local LYS...she's the only employee there that I can stand!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006 02:56:53 PM by pinkyswear » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cnp71201
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006 03:13:03 PM »

I actually really like the corded pullover... not very practical for winter, but with short sleeves in a cotton blend yarn, I think it would be cute!

The Arctic Diamonds stole is lovely. I love the Equestrian Blazer, too. The Enid cardigan is very nice. And I love the Rambling Rose and the Venezia cardigan! It's fantastic! And I could see myself making the wine and roses mitts, too... some great stuff in here! I definitely want this issue!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
dansk
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006 05:29:37 PM »

I love the Nantucket Jacket! Looking forward to this issue since I, too, just bought a subscription. Cheesy

Thought I'd give Interweave a go since I didn't make ANYTHING from my Vogue Knitting subscription this past year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starlight1221
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006 05:39:15 PM »

I like this one too, the cabernet rib top looks pretty, so do the jackets.

One thing, is it just me, or does the men's sweater look too big for the model?  The sweater is a very nice design, but it just looks so big (or he looks very small).   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006 06:10:23 PM »

Damnit . . . I have a love/hate relationship with Veronik Avery's designs (after Salt Peanuts) and have shyed away ever since. The Enid cardie (or whatever it is called) might just draw me back in. UGH! Could I quit my job and knit full time?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cthulhulovesme

The littlest Great Old One that could.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006 07:25:52 PM »

I may have to break down and buy this issue. And I usually only buy one knitting mag a year. Everything looks great. Though I'm disappointed by the lack of the poor red-headed model they always stick with the awful designs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lupinbunny

the bunny with the loops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006 07:38:52 PM »

i was looking at the venezia pullover thinking "Why is that so familiar? Whose designs have they knocked off?" Then i realised it's the pullover eunny jang designed! she knit it in (wait for it....) five days! argh!

i really, really, really like rambling rose and i kind of think arwen's cardy would be terribly *practical* for me to make (i make lots of beautiful lacy things, then wear the same old fllecy hoodie to uni every day).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

silverblayze
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006 07:43:54 PM »

it does look fairly promising. i'm hoping i still have an issue left to my subscription, since there was a mix-up in the beginning. otherwise, i will probably break down and buy it even though i always promise myself i will only look. lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look to the heavens; she shimmers as a star.

Blog:a Shimmering Star

Etsy:With Eyes Lifted
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vanessa Gezari: What Are You Reading?
Tell Me Why: Creative Writing
The Long Shadow by David Reynolds
Bloomberg Hits Back At NYT Claims Of Censoring Stories For Chinese Leaders
Badluck Way, the Story of a Man, a Wolf, and Their Ultimate Collision
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...