A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 307,984
Currently Running With Scissors:
258 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Favorite "Weird" Food?  (Read 71796 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

darksidevegan
« Reply #430 on: September 17, 2008 08:47:10 PM »

I don't have anything too crazy to add, but having been vegan for a while I'll eat almost anything that is.

I like to eat saltines with margarine. I don't know if that's weird, but when I don't have any dip it's yummy.

I loovveee kimchi, sometimes when I crave it and open the jar, I think "argh this smell should I really eat it?" Then I take a bit and I'm in love all over again.

I like to eat raw garlic too and also raw cabbage with salt, the "heart" of the cabbage is especially good.

Also, my grandma ate bread with milk on top, it always grossed me out, but I guess it was a depression era thing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.krisaki.wordpress.com
Bento. Fashion. Crafts.

buy clothing, purses, and accesories from me at
sweetheart.etys.com
kawaiimaru

you're a rubber snake!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #431 on: September 18, 2008 10:47:49 AM »

I don't think I really eat weird food, but my roommates think I'm a freak...

I eat garlic.
I just take a clove of garlic and eat it.  And then another one.  And another one.
Sometimes I eat the entire head.

I also like to just eat condiments by themselves.  Especially HP Sauce or bbq sauce.

Oh, and I eat flour and water mixed together.
And peanut butter and icing sugar.

The weirdest thing I've ever seen anyone do was brew a cup of black tea and then pour it over cottage cheese.

Ew.

i LOVE garlic too! ive grossed out many a friend by munching on raw garlic cloves. its so goooood!

and someone posted about a friend that eats flour and water mixed together and calls it "goo" in the guilty pleasures thread [you should tell her you eat that too lol]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's be spies...

and wear interesting hats!
MizMosa
« Reply #432 on: September 19, 2008 08:04:21 AM »

I don't have anything too crazy to add, but having been vegan for a while I'll eat almost anything that is.

I like to eat saltines with margarine. I don't know if that's weird, but when I don't have any dip it's yummy.

Both my mom and grandma eat saltines with margarine!  You're right, it is kind of good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 19, 2008 04:22:14 PM »

Both my mom and grandma eat saltines with margarine!  You're right, it is kind of good.

My mom's favorite late-night snack is saltines with butter -- the butter being as thick as the cracker itself!

Buttered crackers ARE yummy!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
jess_not_jessie
« Reply #434 on: September 19, 2008 04:28:20 PM »

I LOVE plain saltines when I'm sick. That and dorito chips. A HUGE craving for both when I'm sick. And ginger snaps...  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterbean
Head Zookeepa and Comptroller of Messes

Puppy juice!

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 21, 2008 01:45:53 PM »

My mom's side of the family grew up in Kansas where a long time family favorite was... creamed corn and oysters.  Oh.My.God.  At every freakin' holiday dinner, right in the middle of the table. 

Not only thoroughly disgusting but where on earth in KS did they find oysters in the early 1900s ROFL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #436 on: September 22, 2008 07:59:17 AM »

I like to take American chop suey & put it on buttered bread to make 'chop suey' sandwiches.

My mom told me to never do that in front of any man I intended to marry! It kind of grosses her out when I make them.

Funny thing is, I'm married & my honey doesn't mind them at all! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
Sewsew-a-Gogo
Faster, Pussycat! Sew! Sew!

I'll show ye.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: September 22, 2008 10:23:31 AM »

My mom's side of the family grew up in Kansas where a long time family favorite was... creamed corn and oysters.  Oh.My.God.  At every freakin' holiday dinner, right in the middle of the table. 

Not only thoroughly disgusting but where on earth in KS did they find oysters in the early 1900s ROFL.

I live in Kansas and have never heard of that one!  Actually, I'm really glad I've never heard of that one...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently taking a hiatus from swapping.  Sad

I've always wondered what disease cured ham had.

Wist Bandwagon
Devierue
« Reply #438 on: September 22, 2008 05:56:17 PM »

I didn't sift through the previous 40+ pages to see if these had been posted...if they have, well...then I agree with you! *smiles*

A potato roll
some mayo (NOT Miracle Whip, it won't taste the same)
dill pickle slices
a little bit of mustard
Lays Sour Cream and Onion potato chips. (NOT the ones with ridges! Oi!)

Open potato roll, spread on condiments, lay down pickles (usually 3), a few chips. Repeat for as many as you desire. Kinda reminiscent of a Wendy's chicken sandwich, as completely bizarre as that is. Maybe I'm just screwy in the head.

I also have a tendency to eat anything Chef Boyardee and Cream of Mushroom soup with a fork, cold, out of the can. This draws strange looks, depending on who looks. Chef Boyardee is just tasty like that, and the Cream of Mushroom soup has an odd story behind it and now I refuse to eat it normally.

As far as things that I can't make at home on a regular basis are concerned...

Seal stomach. It's freaking delicious. Comes naturally packed with an assortment of seafood...
Moose brain - kinda chewy, tastes alright.

Ah...Alaskan upbringing. Good times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
karin1981
« Reply #439 on: September 23, 2008 01:15:22 AM »

Ok what do you think about this:
Patat Kapsalon, which translates to hairdressers fries
It was "discovered" by a hairdresser how was hungry and wanted shwarma and fries but the place trew it together on a plate so it got mixed up.
It's quite popular over here in the netherlands.
I haven't tried it as it contains about 1200 kcal (oh and because it absolutely looks revolting)

you need:

Kebab / shwarma
French fries
2 slices of cheese
Lettuce
Tomato
Cucumber
Galic Sauce
Chili sauce
you can also add ketchup

you put it in together and you'll end up with this ...

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/4336/kapsalonrs2.jpg

PS i'm a peanutbutter and Banana sandwich kinda girl
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...