A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Favorite "Weird" Food?  (Read 50562 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: May 30, 2007 05:18:59 PM »

The other night I had a banana split with jalapeno jelly and chocolate sauce. It was soooo good!

PS I am pregnant, but it would have tasted good anyway! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 30, 2007 05:37:03 PM »

The other night I had a banana split with jalapeno jelly and chocolate sauce. It was soooo good!

PS I am pregnant, but it would have tasted good anyway! lol

Jalapeno jelly? Shocked Never heard of it!

That actually sounds good. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
osiris
« Reply #212 on: May 31, 2007 08:22:53 AM »

Obviously, from reading all these replies we can determine that peanut butter is definitely one of the four main food groups!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #213 on: May 31, 2007 09:50:02 AM »

It is my favorite food group.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bag_lady
« Reply #214 on: June 11, 2007 01:20:43 PM »

growing up my brother and i always ate butter on crackers.

my cousin ate ketchup on EVERYTHING. Gross!

I love chips on sandwiches.  Especially doritos on a ham sandwich.

I had scrapple for the first time while visiting a friend in PA.  I found it gross but she tried it mashed up mixed with rice and said it was pretty good.  I found it too greasy, but i bet the rice soaked some of that up. I might have to try it again.

i have a danish step family.  the grossest thing my dad made was a slice of white bread with mayo, chopped onion, salt and pepper, openfaced. a lot of the other stuff he made that i hated as a kid i like now.

my parents made us sit until our plates were cleaned or we'll eat it for breakfast. i used to hate every vegetable but love my veggies now.  my brother and sister (I'm 11 and 13 yrs older than them)didn't grow up like that and are picky eaters. 

While dating someone and both of us being poor, we ate a lot of corned beef hash from the can but mashed it up and fried it with an egg scrambled in with it.  then topped it with cheese when we had the money for it.  pretty good even thought it's terrible for you.

my parents always made "hash" the day or two after having a roast of some sort.  it usually consisted of the meat cubed with onions, potatoes, celery, green pepper, and maybe any other veggie we had left over.  it was pretty dry so we usually ate it with ketchup on top.  if there wasn't enough meat to go around in it, they'd use spam.  ugh.

my boyfriend swears that his peanut butter and onion sammiches are good.  white bread, peanut butter, mayo, sliced onion, salt and pepper.  i haven't had the curage to try it yet.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 11, 2007 10:23:49 PM »

growing up my brother and i always ate butter on crackers.

I love chips on sandwiches.  Especially doritos on a ham sandwich.

I do that too. I love chips in sandwiches. Either salt and vinegar or BBQ.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalu
« Reply #216 on: June 12, 2007 06:31:58 AM »

having born and lived in Italy all of my life, it's not easy to think up something gross that might be served at the table.
roman cooking is based on a very poor cuisine, so most of the dishes are made with scraps  - ie what the rich would never in a million years have thought of eating.
my favourite to this day is trippa alla romana, which is basically lamb's stomach lining in a tomato sauce! Kiss
one of my dad's favourites, which I admit i don't mind, if I can manage to take my mind of from thinking of what I'm actually eating is fried brain Lips sealed!!! yes I know, way gross, but believe me it actually tastes pretty good, apart from it's mushy consistancy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't be a good example, be a terrible warning

my blog: http://berriesandchampagne.blogspot.com/
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 12, 2007 07:04:31 PM »

having born and lived in Italy all of my life, it's not easy to think up something gross that might be served at the table.
roman cooking is based on a very poor cuisine, so most of the dishes are made with scraps  - ie what the rich would never in a million years have thought of eating.
my favourite to this day is trippa alla romana, which is basically lamb's stomach lining in a tomato sauce! Kiss
one of my dad's favourites, which I admit i don't mind, if I can manage to take my mind of from thinking of what I'm actually eating is fried brain Lips sealed!!! yes I know, way gross, but believe me it actually tastes pretty good, apart from it's mushy consistancy!

I don't think that sounds gross. Maybe it is because I eat some "gross" food from my own Chinese cuisine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

falseoxygen
« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2007 12:03:38 AM »

Probably the worst thing I've ever had was squid ink pasta. Why would anyone ever consider INK to be a nice sauce for pasta? On a side note, this was served at a spa retreat while I was in italy, I don't think that it has anything to do with the roman recipes mentioned earlier, but maybe?

My mom used to make this "fruit salad" that consisted of cottage cheese, cool whip, strawberry jello powder, pineapple, and mandarin oranges. It looks like pink vomit. But I think it tastes quite good.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I'm free, Its because I'm always running.
Vicktoria
« Reply #219 on: June 22, 2007 04:43:09 PM »

Definitely weird, but surprisingly good, not green but orange jello with carrots shredded in it.  I should buy some jello just for that...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Creative Birthday Invitations
How to Make a Birthday Pinata
How to Make a Mad Scientist Costume For Halloween
How to Make a Highway Costume For Halloween
How to Make an Owl Costume For Halloween
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...