A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Favorite "Weird" Food?  (Read 50576 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

katatsumuli
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2007 08:09:54 PM »

One of my favorite pizzas is a "personal" kind (in this case a slice of bread with butter on the bottom and maybe the top) with tomato sauce, a ring of grated cheese, and an egg cracked into the cheese so it becomes sunny side up while baking the pizza. My mom used to make them a lot when I was a kid. The last time we tried the bread got really soggy and made the whole thing disgusting  Embarrassed. I don't want buttered bread, either, but I wish I could figure out how to make it crisp.

My other favorite kinds of pizza have chunks of (pike? carp? I forget what kind of fish that one pizzeria in Hungary used), or pierogies and onions (from high school cafeteria).

The grossest food I can think about is my aunt's lunch for her kids one day. Clam chowder soup (which would be fine if the next course wasn't just meat), then imitation crab sticks drenched in a bowl of olive oil. Aaaaargh.

The most frightening looking I can think of is cafeteria taco casserole. The tomato slices on top were wrinkled and looked a month old, and the black olive slices turned the cheese blue-black.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

@  @,  .@  _@:  _@=  _@v   _@V   ..........._@V -(<3)
nellum
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2007 08:26:40 PM »

When my mom was little her dad used to take saltine crackers and place little slices of hard margarine all around the edges to make walls, and then fill them with ketchup and eat them...  YUCK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dishwasher182
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2007 07:07:17 AM »

eww!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2007 07:11:29 AM »

When my mom was little her dad used to take saltine crackers and place little slices of hard margarine all around the edges to make walls, and then fill them with ketchup and eat them...  YUCK!

we  have a   winner!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
diosaperdida
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2007 07:52:41 AM »

Jello with...mayo from my grandmother.
hot dogs cooked with corn bread from my Mom.
It's one of those things she tries to suggest when I'm thinking what to make for dinner.
She tells me about it as if I wasn't forced to eat it at least once a week.
"You know..we used to take cornbread and make it in a ...you know that one pan...but first we would lay hotdogs in the batter."
Yeah, Mom..I know.
And while not gross...she still pushed green beans and potatoes..as an entire meal on me.( and makes boxed mac and cheese when she used to watch my kids...and that's ALL she feeds them for dinner.)
Dump a can of green beans, and a can of potatoes, and a chopped onion in a pot and boil the hell out of them.
She also is a BIG believer of boxed meals.
She still tries to get me to make those too.
"You know they say this is really good."

"Who are THEY?"

"The people on the TV commercial!"

Well duh..if it's on TV, it must be true....silly me.

What can I say...she also believes that everything she reads in tabloids is fact.
Sorry...getting off subject.
Mom drives me nuts, always drove me nuts...and now I get to support her while she lives in my house, and tries to feed my kids nasty food that has more salt than...salt.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007 07:54:38 AM by diosaperdida » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2007 08:14:45 AM »

dios!!!!   you  have a  point  on the  salt.......    I have to  say I love teh  green beans  and  potatoes  but I  add  sausage adn  serve  with  rice nad  corn bread (nope no hot dogs inside)

the  cornbread hot dogs  isn't taht  jsut a  corn dog>>>  the  ones  you can  get  oena   stick?

OK  so  many  may  swat  me  for  this  one  but  WHY OH WHY  did they  ever  make  oyster  stew  BLUCK!!!!    and  why dirty rice???   yucko....  hubby and BIL  loves  tehm  both  but I  think  they are  ill too  LOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
diosaperdida
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2007 10:36:16 AM »

Yeah...kind of like a corn dog...but just not the same. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.diosaperdida.net  - My website
http://knittingbare.blogspot.com/ painting, knitting, whatever...it's all art
http://painting.craftgossip.com/  decorative painting techniques, projects and product info.
seamonkeychik
LOOK OUT!

OoOo What I could do with this!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2007 01:04:35 PM »

mmm someone said perogies!! mmm perogies with sausage, onions, and mushrooms!
Cornbread and hot dogs sounds pretty good to me
No crackers butter and ketchup though, I'll pass
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grapesicle
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2007 01:58:29 PM »

I  made hamburger pie once
I dont remember what the crust was but I remember it was filled with ground beef, topped with cheese triangles and plum tomato slices.. not as nasty sounding as most of these....
Im a vegetarian now though so I wouldnt touch the stuff anymore...
I think my wierdest combination is white bread with cheese and either tomato or ketcup sandwhiches... people seem to think its wierd till i explain its not so wierd if you think o fit as a cheeseburger without the meat  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nothing but silly, stupid and fun.
I love my loser
Gishygoo
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2007 02:07:23 PM »

But when I was in college, one of my housemates and I found cheese fudge in the cheese case at a grocery store.  It was interesting, and not in a bad way.  It had all the texture of cheese, but with the look and flavor of chocolate fudge.  I would consider buying it again, but I don't think they sold enough to make it a permanent part of their inventory.

This is funny to me because the only recipe for fudge that my mom ever had or made was made out of Velveeta!  It grosses me out now to think about it, but it never did taste like cheese and it had a velvety texture.  Haha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out: www.gishygoo.blogsp ot.com
Everything is so wistical! www.wists.com/gishygoo
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jessie J Shows Off Her Curves in Hot Pink
Fall 2013 Trends to Wear for Curvy Girls
Would You Wear Embellished Pants Like Elle Fanning?
Darren Criss Vs. Avan Jogia Fashion Faceoff at 2013 Do Something Awards
Model Julie Henderson Shows Off Her New Bikini Line
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...