A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 304,845
Currently Running With Scissors:
384 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Favorite "Weird" Food?  (Read 53256 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

juliusmunki

I have no excuses for my behavior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2007 11:26:15 AM »

this thread is crackingme up.... 

i LOVE chocolate and sharp cheese TOGETHER!  as in CH. cake with cheese on it or even jsut a hershey bar with cheddar - like instead of the cracker... oh the looks i get... does anyone else love this prize winning coupling??

My grammie always made this dish like a pea cereal... Buttermilk and peas with S&P... God, I loved that stuff!

My aunt always put Ketchup on her French toast and I thought she was MAD! 

And i can relate to that 'rent rule - eat it til its gone!  I once had to feast on chow mein from a CAN- i mean really, how gross with its congealed meat fat sauce- for about 3 days... till i threw a monumental fit complete with breath holding...

and my friends mom used to torture us with the nutty cashew beef bake- seriously how much protein does one need in dish- it was disgusting and had the weirdest texture!  it was there I learned to ask what is for dinner? before accepting any invite...

OH and my step dad makes potato chip cookies which are truly HEINOUS!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
seamonkeychik
LOOK OUT!

OoOo What I could do with this!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2007 11:32:55 AM »

potato chip cookies, dare I ask Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trinashere
nerd and a half.

(witty comment goes here)

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2007 12:44:14 PM »

My husband always gives me a hard time for eating peanut butter sandwiches with canned chicken noodle soup. I dip them in the broth.

I also like chocolate milk and pizza together. And he also thinks this is weird.

Oh well, happy mixing and eating!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The art of losing isn't hard to master; so many things seem filled with the intent to be lost that their loss is no disaster. ~ Elizabeth Bishop
andy8715
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2007 12:47:57 PM »

burritos and ketchup. though I don't find it weird I always get looks. 

also the people at my workplace make the craziest concoctions.  I guess that's what happens after you work at a deli long enough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest.com/andy8715
seamonkeychik
LOOK OUT!

OoOo What I could do with this!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2007 01:36:34 PM »

Hmm burrito and ketchup doesn't seem too odd to me I guess cause I like salsa on my burritos and salsa has tomatoes in it.
The peanut butter and chicken noodle soup though.  Lips sealed kinda made my stomach churn...I guess I should read this thread ONLY AFTER getting rid of a bad stomach bug  Undecided

I honestly can't think of anything weird other than my green beans wrapped in peperoni slices, ketchup mustard and mayo mixed together for dipping my burgers, and idk maybe stuffed pork chops. I also like to fry items in crumbled potato chips instead of bread crumbs...Ah and I like cheddar cheese on top of a flat baked taco shell with apple filling spread across and cheese sprinkled on top. Never had cheese on my apple pie before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2007 02:19:37 PM »

i LOVE chocolate and sharp cheese TOGETHER!  as in CH. cake with cheese on it or even jsut a hershey bar with cheddar - like instead of the cracker... oh the looks i get... does anyone else love this prize winning coupling??

I haven't had that, exactly.  But when I was in college, one of my housemates and I found cheese fudge in the cheese case at a grocery store.  We were curious, so we bought it.  It was interesting, and not in a bad way.  It had all the texture of cheese, but with the look and flavor of chocolate fudge.  I would consider buying it again, but I don't think they sold enough to make it a permanent part of their inventory.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
Javeing
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2007 04:48:36 PM »

The weirdest thing I ate as a child was cottage cheese and ketchup; I tried it years later as an adult and think its disgusting. I guess my tastes have gotten more refined, although I like to make Paps (Blue Ribbon) beer floats with vanilla ice cream. Everybody thinks it sounds disgusting but it's delish.

I also once dated a guy who loved Cincinnati Skyline Chili. It's this nasty gray like gruel chili, with cinnamon and chocolate in it, served over spaghetti noodles and topped with cheese, onions and hot sauce.....ewwwwww
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2007 05:36:55 PM »

I also once dated a guy who loved Cincinnati Skyline Chili. It's this nasty gray like gruel chili, with cinnamon and chocolate in it, served over spaghetti noodles and topped with cheese, onions and hot sauce.....ewwwwww

Aw!  It's not supposed to be gray!  And where'd the hot sauce come from?  That sounds like somebody messed it up big time.  I actually bought a cookbook just because it had a recipe for a vegetarian version of Cincinnati chili (and I don't think it's weird in the least!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2007 05:39:24 PM »

Aw!  It's not supposed to be gray!  And where'd the hot sauce come from?  That sounds like somebody messed it up big time.  I actually bought a cookbook just because it had a recipe for a vegetarian version of Cincinnati chili (and I don't think it's weird in the least!).

OH  MY  I  love the  sky line  chili dogs!!!!   with  cheese and  onions.... never  had it  over  noodles.....     and  never  seen it  grey!!     they  also  carrya   powdered  mix  at  kroger  so  you can  make  your  own..... never  heard  of  chocolate  in it  either.

and  I  absolutely  always  want  peanut butter  sandwhich  with  my chicken noodle soup!  the  better cheddar  crackers  witha   small piece  of  nestle crunch  is  a  great  dessert!!!!    
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2007 06:00:02 PM »

OH  MY  I  love the  sky line  chili dogs!!!!   with  cheese and  onions.... never  had it  over  noodles.....     and  never  seen it  grey!!     they  also  carrya   powdered  mix  at  kroger  so  you can  make  your  own..... never  heard  of  chocolate  in it  either.
Chocolate (or cocoa) is probably in the mix somewhere.  Not milk chocolate, mind you--the dark stuff for baking.  The cinnamon flavor is pretty unmistakeable, isn't it?
http://www.skylinechili.com/signature.php 
http://www.goldstarchili.com/menu/index.php <--another major chain in the Cincinnati area (and I guess they do put some sort of hot sauce on theirs--and they have a vegetarian recipe on their site!). 
http://whatscookingamerica.net/Beef/CincinnatiChili.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make the Perfect Hot Dogs
How to Make a Cowboy Style Burger
Macaroni and Cheese with Roasted Peppers
How to Make Bratwurst and Midwest Coneys
New York Hot Dog vs. Chicago Hot Dog
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...