A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,150
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Favorite "Weird" Food?  (Read 54822 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NoThimbles
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2007 03:24:13 PM »

That Chinese Macaroni sound delicious, have to try it sometime. I like sliced turkey and strawberry jelly sandwiches a lot. Also, a couple of summers ago, when my mother was woking for a Hindu vegetarian homeopathic internist (he taught yoga on the side Tongue), his wife would always send home all sorts of beans and lentils. My mother made dhal (sp?) once, and gave me the leftover dried beans and such. These I toasted in the oven along with walnuts and pecans all tossed in sesame oil. Yum. I tried to get my mother to eat it while it was still allarm an toasty, but alas to no avail. Oh well. More for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2007 04:24:11 PM »

I grew up putting jam on grilled cheese sandwiches - you spread it on top after you grill them. My boyfriend thinks it's really really weird. Does anyone else eat grilled cheese this way, or is my family more strange than I thought? Smiley
That sounds like people I know who like to put cheddar (or "better" yet, American) cheese on top of their apple pie.  Someone told me about that, and then I saw it at a Shoney's in West Virginia just a few weeks later.  I'd never heard of it before, so maybe it's a sorta-southern thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2007 09:14:02 PM »

I've always known it to be a northern thing. In south Texas, that'd get you shot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
seamonkeychik
LOOK OUT!

OoOo What I could do with this!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2007 07:11:53 AM »

Cheese on apple pie? I've only seen it in the south...up here they look at me as if I have lost all my marbles. IDK New England seems to be a little SLOW when it comes to everything Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2007 07:53:45 AM »

Cheese on apple pie? I've only seen it in the south...up here they look at me as if I have lost all my marbles. IDK New England seems to be a little SLOW when it comes to everything Angry

ditto!!!   except their  driving!!  LOL

I  had  never  heard of it  till I moved  further south.... I  think its  gross  but I don't  like  apple  pie.   

and  as  far  as jelly on grilled  cheese....welll.... yes  your  family is  weirder  than you thought!!   LOL 

had a  lady worked  with that  put  jelly  on hot dogs  or  on  sausage biscuts.....her  family  was  weird too!

my dad  eats peanut butter with bologna and onion sandwhiches......
YEP  HE'S  weird too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
sombereyes
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2007 07:56:25 AM »

had a  lady worked  with that  put  jelly  on hot dogs  or  on  sausage biscuts.....her  family  was  weird too!

jelly and hot dogs are sausage doesnt seem too wierd.  i grew up with raspberry jelly on ham steak.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
seamonkeychik
LOOK OUT!

OoOo What I could do with this!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2007 08:50:54 AM »

hmm idk about the jelly. I let it slide if I get syurp on my ham, bacon, or eggs cause IDK well they were next to my pancakes. But I don't think I'd have a craving for such by itsself. Jelly on biscuits seems ok (I prefer butter) but I don't care for it.
I guess you can't knock it until you try it...even though I think jelly and cheese seems to....unnatural for me. It'd be like eating liver and onions or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gishygoo
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2007 10:04:16 AM »

hmm idk about the jelly. I let it slide if I get syurp on my ham, bacon, or eggs cause IDK well they were next to my pancakes. But I don't think I'd have a craving for such by itsself. Jelly on biscuits seems ok (I prefer butter) but I don't care for it.
I guess you can't knock it until you try it...even though I think jelly and cheese seems to....unnatural for me. It'd be like eating liver and onions or something.

You really should try jelly with a sausage biscuit!  It's like a little breakfast sandwich and it tastes great!  (McDonald's used to give you grape jelly automatically with a sausage biscuit, so I don't think it's that uncommon.)  I love some maple syrup on bacon and you can even get maple syrup cured bacon that has the flavor smoked right in!

As for jelly and cheese, I think you might be surprised.  My grandmother always ate jelly and cheese sandwiches because she hated peanut butter.  I thought she was crazy until I ate it one day and realized that it was just fabulous.

My motto is, "if a lot of people like to eat it that way, it may not be all bad."  (Which is generally why I eat food the way it comes in restaurants until I find out a way I would like it better!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out: www.gishygoo.blogspot.com
Everything is so wistical! www.wists.com/gishygoo
SherNWT
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2007 10:26:45 AM »

I like Jelly/Jam and onion sandwiches

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sewsew-a-Gogo
Faster, Pussycat! Sew! Sew!

I'll show ye.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2007 11:07:50 AM »

My motto is, "if a lot of people like to eat it that way, it may not be all bad." 

I don't know... that doesn't explain haggis....
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007 11:30:38 AM by amberbrown » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently taking a hiatus from swapping.  Sad

I've always wondered what disease cured ham had.

Wist Bandwagon
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Totally Different Ways to Wear Cutoffs
5 Hottest Swimsuit Trends for Summer
How To Choose The Best Swimsuit For Your Body
Bobbie Thomas Joins Marlo Thomas
Choosing the Right Fit for Your Body
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...