A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wisconsin Etsy Sellers  (Read 8262 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

licalee
« on: October 13, 2006 07:54:46 PM »

As I'm building up the items for my own shop I'm thinking of ways to get the word out about Etsy since I think it is still fairly obscure - around here at least.  At my 9-5 I write press releases and thought something about Etsy could likely be published.

I'm looking for local Etsy sellers (Milwaukee and Wisconsin in general) that want to be considered as "featured" sellers in print and online articles. Basically all you have to do is pm me with a link to your shop and any other info you think is important. I would include you in a list in a press release I send out. You should also tell me about any local publications or websites I may not know about.

It would be up to the particular publication to decide which sellers were featured.

I'll be creating a categorized list of Etsy sellers, if I get enough sellers to join in. I wouldn't take anyone off the list unless they had only 1 or 2 items (with the exception of fine art shops), closed up shop, or had mostly items that would be considered offensive by the publication (swearing, racial slurs, graphic nudity - that kind of stuff).

That last caveat really depends on the publication as some of the publications on my list would consider some of those things a bonus - so don't hold back if you have a racy shop. I'll either put in a disclaimer or put your shop in the edgy section. Edgy will go over very well with a lot of publications and will likely have top billing for a few press releases. Then again I know Reiman Publications could find a place somewhere for country, old fashioned, or garden/bird related crafts from Etsy.

Basically there is a place for everything and the only reason I would omit your shop from the list of sellers is if it was completely incompatable with the spirit of the place I was sending it to. I can't send "Buds and Blooms" a link to a shop full of embroidered thong underwear with racy sayings just as much as I can't send an edgy urban weekly links to shops with country crafts. Though I know of a few publications that would love to showcase that whole range of craft items.

(Sorry I rambled on there but I came down with a horrible cold today and the thought of making those last paragraphs more coherent frightens me at the moment. I'm half delerious on Nyquil and a potent cocktail of nemacing germs.)

If I find out in advance that you will be featured I will let you know. This rarely happens unless the writer has to verify something with me personally but it does happen. Usually I get a tenative publication date/range that I can inform you of if this happens.

I have a two week timeframe to gather names and look at your shops to categorize and edit/provide descriptions for them - so get back to me ASAP. If I get at least a few sellers to make this article worthwhile I can post here the publications I send to and if I know of any articles. Quite a few times I've written a press release for work and never knew it was published until someone else mentioned it a few weeks later, so keep your eyes peeled. Remember to suggest any publications you know of - especially outside the Metro Milwaukee area.

Hope to hear from fellow crafty wisconsinites!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2006 07:56:39 PM by licalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
erinscissorhands
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006 06:45:55 AM »

i have an etsy shop and i live in wisconsin Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy shop- http://www.operationpapercut.etsy.com
my blog- http://www.operation-paper-cut.blogspot.com
OPERATION PAPER CUT- hand bound journals, stationery and more.
gypsythief
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006 08:43:48 PM »

Me too!  www.glitterworkshop .etsy.com

This sounds like a great idea!  I also have a regular website and actual retail store in Madison.

Let me know if I can help out in any way with this!

Thanks,
Naomi

The Glitter Workshop
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ohmyword
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006 08:00:58 PM »

I've got one too, though I just started it this fall so there's not much on there yet.  But it's www.accessory2creat ivity.etsy.com

Oh, and I'm in Madison too.  The only publication I can think of at the time is the Isthmus.  Here's their website http://www.thedailypage.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy

I do personal swaps.
licalee
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006 04:17:21 PM »

Cool, there's an interest. I'm also compiling a list of people on etsy from WI so we should have a nice amount of people, but not overwhelming. Erin - I had noticed you somehow, and you're the first on my list of people to contact Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eakircher

gimme your garbage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006 04:47:00 PM »

Great idea!

I'm in Madison and have an etsy store:

www.ekra.etsy.com

Please let me know if you need any help or more info!
Thanks
emily
THIS ROCKS   Logged

licalee
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006 02:32:53 PM »

Just wanted to let everyone know that with v2 of Etsy launching all the street teams have been on hold. I was hoping to get this done sooner but things have been slow going - I haven't forgotten about this though! It's working out well because I was recently thrown another curve ball in a swap I was organizing that ended in September so I've been super busy with that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SweetFeltAlive
Riviera

Riviera

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006 08:35:23 PM »

Will this be an ongoing thing?  I do not have an Etsy store yet but i plan to at some time.  I am in Wausau, WI
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.myspace.com/razzberrieicee  (personal page)

Working on a craft myspace and etsy.
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006 07:58:16 PM »

marinette etsy here
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
RainbowArt
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007 10:44:59 AM »

Just wondering if this is an ongoing thing and if you'd still like to know of Wisconsin etsy shops?
Ally
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wonderful Wist List!
http://www.wists.com/rainbowart
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Bohemian Leather Bracelet
How to Make Easter Baskets
Mom Hacks: Chalk Egg
Mom Hacks: Egg Carton
Mom Hacks: Egg Carton
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...