A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 306,354
Currently Running With Scissors:
398 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: !!Adult Content!! I need advice! Pic heavy  (Read 20560 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dollmaker

Sweet Home Alabama...you made that!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2006 07:08:17 AM »

Wow! 20 months old and your already teaching about that. My son is 20 months as well. I don't think that he would understand at all what I was talking about if I called it a penis. He pokes at his all the time when I change him and give him a bath. But, I don't think he would understand at all what the heck I would be talking about. He just learned to say his sister's name. I don't think that I need him running around the house pointing at his bits and saying penis. I think that you should teach your children and that they should know the correct words for it all. But, in my opinion there is a certain time and place. I want my children to be free to ask questions when their ready and at 5 years, my daughter is doing so now. So we tell her but we don't go into to much detail. Of course this is all my opinion. (well, hubby's too).

...I would rather keep this post nice and not delve into everyone's child rearing ideas. They will always be diffrent than the next person. Since this post is about my vagina quilts and if I should sell them. Let's try to keep it at that. I asked for opinions on those. So thanks for that !!  Cheesy

Cristina
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moo
stegosaurus sound
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2007 02:16:44 PM »

These make me happy. (though I wish they were round, not square..)

I absolutely love all the shapes that are distinctly FEMALE.
the curve of a hip into a waist than up to her breast, the uterus, the vagina. legs spread in anticipation of pleasure or of child.

To be fair to others, I can somewhat understand keeping it to your own self, but I am way on the other side of the spectrum, and I love to show that I am not only not ashamed of my femininity, but I embrace it and love it and I wouldnt have it any other way. I am currently embroidering a uterus with flower ovaries, to put on an apron. I have Goddess pillows lining my bed, and paintings and collages of women strewn about my house. I use language such as "cunt" to re-claim the meaning of the word, and to associate it with pride and not of pain.

Men compare their genitalia as a show to say who is better, because that is where they hold their power. That is where they hold their ability to pass themselves on to future generations.

Why dont we see ours the same way? We plug up our periods and get perfumes to cover up the menstral smells. If anything, we should  be the ones showing off our genitalia, after all, we are the ones who GROW the child to pass ourselves (and our mate's selves) onto future generations...

anyway, I could go on for hours, but I wont.
Wonderful quilts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

See the stars from where the birds make their homes staring back at us
Indifferent but distanced perfectly projected endlessly
it's so fucking beautiful
Stephannie

Dig that crazy sound.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2007 09:39:01 AM »

I'd buy one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FASHION_freak
Live, laugh, love

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2007 03:10:18 PM »

I love that! Make blocks and sell them. Make a bunch and make a quilt for yourself. Go nuts! I love that idea and your perspective on the female body.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love, Gail

wist - the things I want & love
etsy shop - buy a thing or two

I love Edward Cullen! <3
dollmaker

Sweet Home Alabama...you made that!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2007 08:55:47 AM »

Thanks all I really appreciate it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moo
butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

I Bitch, Therefore I Stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2007 07:43:02 PM »

whats up with people making female organs all of a sudden?

It's not an all-of-a-sudden kind of thing. Look to Judy Chicago and before her, Georgia Okeeffe. Keep going back in time through the histories of art making many women celebrated their bodies through iconography and symbolism. Infact, you know the fish symbol people put on cars? That began thousands of years ago as a symbol for a vagina. Lots of info there, this isn't the place to tell the story. Sorry, I am an artist and have studied women in art for sometime. I am pro-woman... a new feminist. I love my vagina. I love other parts, too, but it's the vagina from which life is born.

If you haven't already posted a tute, I would love some instructions. I am organizing a show of The Vagina Monolouges this spring and maybe I could make a quilt and raffle it off so the proceeds go to a d.v charity. I'm a domestic violence survivor, too, so it would mean a lot to give back to help someone else. Perhaps other craftsters here could make a square of your design and I could assemble it for the show. Hmmmm.... an idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
Kayla_Wte

Time to put yer big-girl panties on!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2007 03:41:15 PM »

I think they're pretty.  Of course, you could always put a zipper on it and then people could store stuff in their vaginas! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 

Personally, I wouldn't buy one, but only because my poor husband would have to explain his femmy wife to all of his friends. LOL! On second thought, that would be funny.  Maybe I will buy one!

Smiley
K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog - Plied:
http://kaylaunicorn.blogspot.com

My Etsy:
http://plied.etsy.com

I sell and trade my handspun on Ravelry.  Username KaylaWte.  Add me!!!
rowan
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2007 08:16:22 PM »

I must mention that there is a word out there for vagina images- yonnic (I hope I spelled it right) it's the opposite of phallic.
In my opinion, just keep on making art. Whether it is yonnic or not there are always going to be people out there that will have a problem with it. Just got to keep making what inspires you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
petritent
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2007 11:28:45 AM »

they're really unique, and so beautiful. go for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

saralynne
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2007 07:12:08 PM »

Dollmaker, did you decide not to sell these on Etsy? I was disappointed when I looked at your shop and there were none for sale.

I think they are beautiful. I would love to have one in my bedroom. Its not blatantly sexual, because of the abstractness, and I like that.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Japanese Artists Create Balloon Couture Dresses
Artist Creates Kitchen Accessories Inspired By Bizarre Human Biology
Artistic Industrial Themed Liquid Lights
Russian Designers Propose a Trampoline Walkway
Architectural Firm Plans to Build a Cantilever Wine Museum in Lavaux
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...