A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY Kit Swap Round Six - October 2006  (Read 16069 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2006 07:35:13 AM »

All the kits look great so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hokiekate
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2006 06:14:49 PM »

OK, first I must apologize.  I received two great kits in the midst of an awful stomach bug.  I didn't post pictures in a timely manner and I didn't thank my swappers enough due to general misery.  So, now is my chance!!!

First up is this awesome embroidery kit from Plath:

It has Sublime Stitching patterns, iron-on stabilizer, what I assume are tea towels (I've never seen one that I know of!), an embroidery hoop, a transfer pen, embroidery needles, embroidery floss, and printed out examples of different stitches.  SO MUCH STUFF!!!  If I wasn't laid up in bed feeling miserable I certainly would have started a project by now.  Thank you so, so much.

Next is this fabulous recon t-shirt kit from Elphalba:

It contains a t-shirt in autumn-y colors, ribbon for embellishing, a rockin' book on how to reconstruct t-shirts, and a sweet little note.  I know I'm going to have to read through that whole book before I decide how to cut into that shirt!  Thank you, Elphalba.  Even though you're a Cavalier, you're OK in my book Wink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiegan

The Dude Abides

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2006 07:43:47 PM »

Hokiekate
Out of town & popping in to check my messages.
Im soooo glad you liked your recon shirt kit. That is an awesome book isnt it? The illustrations and directions are so simple and easy to follow too- thats what I love about it. I tried picking a shirt in the fall colors you requested & thought that shirt was really cute. Great for fall and should be fun to cut up! ( maybe practice on another one first! rofl!! hee hee)
Once again so glad you enjoyed it!
PS
Whoo's just stomped UNC 23 to zip yesterday- my friend DJ was playing, #70 center. We really needed that win after last week :-)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006 08:27:30 AM by Elphalba » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pop into my Blog and say Hi!
http://pumpernickelandrye.wordpress.com/

Non judgement day is near.
librarylass
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2006 11:57:03 PM »

Wow can you see the quality (and quantity!) of all those swap kits? I'm nothing short of blown away at this point, all those people doing a whole heap of fun things.. should there be another round of this, I might have to participate (not around christmas though!).. not that I'd know what to teach, but .. yep still flabbergasted at the sheer volume and prettiness of everything!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a wist!
http://wists.com/Bookybabe
So I up and decided to do the whole blog thing...
http://ballysaxter.blogspot.com

I do personal swaps!
plath
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2006 12:04:36 PM »

I'm so glad you liked your embroidery kit hokiekate Smiley  Those are flour sack towels, which I like better than "tea towels."  I hope you feel better and are crafting again soon!

I just received a sewing kit from Tanza:

She sent some great fabric, a dressmaker pencil, 3 zippers, buttons, thread and a homemade pincushion with pins.  Thanks Tanza!  She's going to email me some instructions Smiley  I can't wait to get sewing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

firebird1919
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2006 07:37:43 PM »

I received my Tie-Dye kit from Miss Mermaid Strikes Back yesterday! I had to make the trek in the rainy-snow (yes, snow) to get it at the post office, but it was worth it.

There's a beautiful crocheted bag with a nice big piece of white fabric for me to dye and sew with, a white hat (fun!), three colors of dye, three squirt bottles, three pairs of latex gloves, rubber bands, a whole bunch of directions for making different tie-dye designs, some fun little marble magnets thrown in there for good measure, and a George Carlin cd (HOW did you know I love him?!!) I can't wait to get tie-dying- I'm already brainstorming plans for that fabric. Thanks so much, Miss Mermaid! And to her mom Dulcinea for helping out and mailing the package! You guys rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2006 07:43:03 PM »

wow that is an awesome tie dye kit, I love it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Tiegan

The Dude Abides

« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2006 07:55:04 AM »

Patty-O-Furniture,
Have you gotten your package yet? I sent priority & DC shows it arrived on the 20th but I havent heard from you as of yet so I was just checking.  Smiley
Hugs
Elphalba
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006 08:03:53 AM by Elphalba » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pop into my Blog and say Hi!
http://pumpernickelandrye.wordpress.com/

Non judgement day is near.
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2006 11:20:01 AM »

Got home from vacation and my package was there!!  YAY!!  (sorry for the slowness Elphalba!)

It's a KNITTING DIY!  She got me some nice long needles, two amazingly soft rolls of yarn, and a pink one to practice on.  She also sent this really nice starter book that comes with instructions and little take out cards so you don't have to haul the whole book around when you are taking your projects on the go.  THANKS!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2006 12:39:50 PM »

I received a papermaking kit from leeska on Saturday! Sorry it took so long to get pics, but it was very cloudy yesterday and my camera needs natural light to take good pictures.

The kit includes: Instructions, a framed screen, loose screen and a embroidery hoop (these go together, but I haven't tried it yet so I'm not clear on what it's for), an eggbeater to beat up the pulp, puff paint to occlude part of the screen for making watermarks, dried flowers, glitter, and toilet paper to process into pulp. The cat wasn't part of the kit.

This is great! I tried papermaking years ago, but failed miserably because I had crappy equipment and didn't know what I was doing. I especially love the fact that I got an egg beater. :-D I'm such a kitchen gadget geek.

Thanks leeska!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Center of the Table Decoration
How to Make a Kirigami Tree
How to Make a Kirigami Dragon Fly
How to Make a Kirigami Snowflake
How to Make a Kirigami Flower
Latest Blog Articles
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...