A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50%+ Christmas Gift Challenge  (Read 31140 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pawnshoppromises
« Reply #200 on: December 26, 2006 09:19:52 PM »

I was working right up until noon on Christmas Eve, but I got everything finished. I was unable to get pictures of everything, though, due to an ill-functioning digital camera. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 Personal Swaps and can crochet pretty much anything! PM me!

My Etsy
My Ravelry
My Wist
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #201 on: December 27, 2006 10:32:49 AM »

I finished all of mine and threw in an extra! I ran out of tape though and had to wrap one present like Laura ingles much have done. Twine and fabric. lol. I did take pics and need to post them but I can't find the cable for the camera. (this is what happens when I clean. Things get misplaced)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jane dough
« Reply #202 on: December 27, 2006 02:25:11 PM »

Ooh, Ooh...I finished all of my gifts (pretty much) that I had planned, and threw in a few extras.  I definitely crafted over 50 % this christmas.  I will post the pics that I have tonight.  There were, of course, a couple of gifts which had to be wrapped at the last second without time for a photo... Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity.
jane dough
« Reply #203 on: December 28, 2006 06:50:43 PM »

Okay...here are some of my finished hand-made gifts!  (I think my original post was page 11 or 12.

Sister #1's neck warmer:

Sister #2's neck warmer:

Brother's GF's apron:

Aunt's apron:

Nephew's Name book:

I am so very proud of how this book turned out.  Look at how cute he is!  He totally deserved all the hard work!

Some ornaments for my family members:  (I didn't get a shot of my angel, monkey, and hot air balloon ornaments...oops)

DH's tryptich done in oil pastel (only one panel showing):

BF's scarf with skull pin:

I also made: 
1.  cd's for each of my sisters and for two cousins.  Instead of painting the cases, I made felted cases. 
2.  vegan molasses cookies for my brother and his gf.
3.  I didn't finish DH's scarf, so I am working on it now for his birthday (which is next week).

Thanks for all of the encouragement!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nasty_wench
« Reply #204 on: December 29, 2006 04:27:04 AM »

I adore everything, but that skull scarf pin is so neat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shoppe: Blissed Out! by sharon-lizette designs.
http://www.sharonlizette.etsy.com

My craft, travel and vegan delites blog. Stop by and say hi!
http://nastywench.blogspot.com
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #205 on: December 29, 2006 05:00:21 AM »

I like the neckwarmers and that felt book is amazing - I am going to do a felt picture for my nieces b'day hopefully but that book is so cool. Your nephew is a little cutie too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thebeatcowboy

what doesn't kill us makes us stranger...

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 29, 2006 07:00:58 AM »

Jane Dough, what patterns did you use for the neck warmers?  They're gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #207 on: December 29, 2006 07:43:32 AM »

I just realized I hadn't come back and posted the rest of what I made, so here is what I sent to the girl (I met through a previous craftster swap) I did the personal swap (Stocking+Stuffers) with.

First the stocking, my first ever stocking, and my first ever quilt square!  It's a pink elephant quilt square and then the rest of the stocking is somewhat patchwork.

Now for the "stuffers" which were all too big to actually fit IN the stocking, haha.

A Golden Snitch (Harry Potter) t-shirt (the snitch is actually in gold paint)

A big tote for her to carry her work stuff in (change of clothes/files) (the bottom has some plastic canvas in it to help it keep it's shape) I had a really hard time packing this up to send it away, I wanted to keep it for myself.

And a little stuffed snowman (isn't he just the cutest, I wanted to make a second one for my MIL but ran out of stuffing)

I threw in some scrapbook paper and candy and such too (plus a lipbalm cozy, the greenish color one with the fairy on it).

There are a few more things I haven't posted yet that I sent to another craftster member, but I have to get those pics resized and uploaded first.
I sent her a recipe book (a 3ring binder w/ a cover like a posted above different fabric though) with a few recipes and lots of extra pages for her to add her own, plus a matching apron, some shrinkydink paper, a lip balm cozy of course, some random cute buttons and a little fabric panel for a school tote (she's a teacher).  I promise I will come back with pictures eventually.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 07:11:05 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

psmommy
« Reply #208 on: December 29, 2006 10:46:30 AM »

Whew!  Christmas is over. So, here's how it went down.

MOM:  Rose stenciled sweatshirt (done), knit deer washcloths, scented hot pads ( I had to write an IOU for the washcloths and hot pad.  Ran out of time.  Sad ), handmade soap and candle (done)

DAD:  Red neck calendar , gift certificate to Fleet Farm (bought)

SIS:  Nautical stenciled sweatshirt (done), knit cow dishcloths (one done, IOU'd the other), scented hot pad (IOU), handmade soap and candle (done)

BIL:  Mountain Dew Jelly, gift certificate to Fleet Farm (bought)

11yo Nephew:  John Deere themed gecko body pillow , 2 regular sized John Deere pillows (done), John Deere mini tractor and ball cap gift set (bought)

6yo Nephew:  Cars themed gecko body pillow (done), board game (bought)

4mo Nephew:  Winnie the Pooh themed mini gecko (done), crocheted sock monkey hat from Happy Hooker,fabric books, knit booties  (I ended up buying him a Winnie the Pooh See N' Say and a Bead runner 'cause I couldn't get the hat to turn out right, and didn't have enough time to make the rest  Sad)

SON:  Stuffed Rudolph, Blue's Clues themed mini gecko, felt bug catcher set, froggie fleece hoodie, penguin fleece hat Uh, well the penguin hat is done, and the gecko and Rudolph's pieces are cut out. Yeah, I'm a bad mommy.  Embarrassed  I should have most of this finished by the end of January. Thankfully he's still too little to really know the difference.)

Son's half Sister:  Dora sweatshirt (done), knit sweater (I have the back and half of the front of this done, but after spending a few hours with her, I remembered just how mean of little kid she really is. I no longer am motivated to spend the time and money on her.  Will probably frog it and turn it into something nice for myself.  Roll Eyes)

CATS:  knit toy mice and balls, cat bed (Yeah, they'll be getting these some day)

I managed to get the pictures of my finished products (the ones that I did get pictures of) uploaded to my computer, now I just have to get them to Photobucket. Will post them either tonight or tomorrow.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jane dough
« Reply #209 on: December 29, 2006 08:26:48 PM »

Thanks for the compliments! 

Jane Dough, what patterns did you use for the neck warmers?  They're gorgeous!
thebeatcowboy,
The patterns for the neckwarmers were from the fall/winter DROPS catalog.  You can see the patterns at www.garnstudio.com
It's my favorite pattern site at the moment!  They have such beautiful projects, but they can be difficult to figure out.  Enjoy it!

I just love all of the gifts everyone crafted!  Zelda, your stocking is gorgeous, and my husband (always lurking over my shoulder) adores your stuffed snowman!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Yellow Playdough
How to Make Classic Bouncing Putty
How to Make Blue Playdough
How to Make Fake Blood with Golden Syrup
How to Make a Fake Mustache
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...