A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,656
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50%+ Christmas Gift Challenge  (Read 31070 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweetyprize
I love sweetyprize at sweetyprize.etsy.com

Shop http://sweetyprize.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: December 23, 2006 03:01:02 PM »

the etched glasses are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am so proud of my shop at http://sweetyprize.etsy.com
mini envelopes, unique scarfs, cassette tape recons! New items now available!
nasty_wench
« Reply #181 on: December 23, 2006 04:07:13 PM »

All of your gifts are gorgeous!

And eggnog fudge? I'm drooling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shoppe: Blissed Out! by sharon-lizette designs.
http://www.sharonlizette.etsy.com

My craft, travel and vegan delites blog. Stop by and say hi!
http://nastywench.blogspot.com
bagheera
D 僆!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: December 24, 2006 05:55:33 AM »

Wow!!!
Congrats to tracymarie, OriginalYouth, Zelda.Suicide, and turtblu for being the next crafters to finish their lists!
I looooooooooove everything that was posted! Shocked Grin I haven't done anything nearly as good! And those etched glasses are gorgeous! I did etched glasses too, but they didn't turn out nearly as well as yours. Sad

Off to finish crafting now! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Death Note as I am? Clickies and show your support for a swap! Grin
---
As I lay back, looking at the stars, I began to wonder...
Where the heck did my roof go???
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #183 on: December 24, 2006 08:10:29 AM »

turtblu - I love those egg ornaments. How did you make them? I collect egg ornaments.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MinxInTeaAge
« Reply #184 on: December 24, 2006 08:16:47 AM »

All right.  Smiley  First of all, merry Christmas Eve!

Now.  My original post was on page 8 of this thread.  and, of course, I didn't make half the stuff I said I would.  I blame college applications and AP courses!!

Anyway.  Here's what I did finish:

For the Boyfriend
(He's the only one beside my parents whose presents absolutely HAVE to be made by Christmas, since I'm gonna see him tonight.)

The scarf.  It's all folded up here.  I messed up in about a million places, but he promises me he'll love it no matter what.  It's made out of Caron Simply Soft (best yarn ever) in some dark blue, a dark red that matches a sweater of his, and a champagne colour.  (The champagne and red together remind me of bacon, and I kept asking people whether it looked too much like meat.  Apparently, I am the only one who sees the bacon.)

And a link to a picture of the part that looks like bacon (...that lives in the house that Jack built?):

Christmas ornaments for the boyfriend.  They're periodic table squares (as you may recall, he is my chem/math geek) that spell out "Chou" which is my nickname for him.  (French word for cabbage...yeah.)

Close ups:  
Spotlight on HYDROGEN!  

Finally, I photoshopped a Magic The Gathering card for him.  (Again, he is a big dork.)  It's got his name at the top, lists him as a "Legendary Creature--Chou."  His power...tactic...th ing..is "Crush--At end of 16th year, sacrifice Dignity unless you have acquired Self Confidence" (I met him when I was 16, and was a complete ditz around him--of course.  I had absoslutely no confidence in myself, and was very embarrassed about everything.)  The picture on the card is my favourite picture of him EVER, taken at my school's winter formal dance.  He wore a plain black  and white tuxedo, and we decided he looked like James Bond, so he kept making James Bond faces all night.  Then there's some sappiness...and yeah.   Smiley  I made him a second card, but it's a little more...personal.   Wink
I, of course, know nothing about Magic cards or anything, so...*shrug*  we'll see how accurate I was.    

For my mom

I made a crochet hook roll.  It didn't turn out very well, but...I think she'll like it.  Smiley  She and I went fabric shopping a while back and she picked out this fabric.  I know she'll never make anything out of it, so I made something for her.  It's my first attempt at these things, and I messed up in about 30 places.  I even made a test item first, out of some old pants!  But I still screwed this one up.  ><  Oh well.
It's impossible to get good pictures of this one.

Today
I have to try to finish a cat toy, some crocheted bacon, and a stuffed doughnut.  
Well, maybe some of those will be BELATED Christmas gifts.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011 10:16:07 PM by alteredmommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

to being an "us", for once, instead of a "them"
GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: December 24, 2006 12:00:12 PM »

So, to put it nicely... I've pussed out a little. I've ended up giving a bunch of "Parking Lot" tees (you know, the shirts you see lying in parking lots? I take em' and wash them and give them with little notes saying "hey! this may have belonged to a homeless guy at some point.") and the sock monkeys and soap to everyone. I'll post soap pics once the camera comes home.
So, basically.... I'm finished. W00t!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
SesSpringett
« Reply #186 on: December 24, 2006 12:31:24 PM »

haha, so I havn't updated since my first post in november, but I'm all done now!!! Smiley
So... My Mom - McCall's 4935 tote bag with some modifications that I had to make because I screwed up, haha! (Needs a good press)

A cute little purse made from scraps of silk from 5 different ball dresses we have

And some jewellery bits that match the necklace I made for her birthday

My Dad - The amazing diskette coasters

Soap - yellow and tea tree scented

And this shrubbery ( a nice one, not too expensive ) shall be potted in this spam tin (from an idea i found on here) He's a crazy Monty P fan!

My brother - Scarfy scarf

A mix CD

And a boat keyring

My sister  - scarf and a collection of purty jewellery

And some jewellery for my Mom's friend Linda who's joining us for christmas day

PHEW!!! Time for a gin and tonic....

Grin
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 07:11:46 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the bloggity blog at www.astareal.co.uk
LiliDesign
Little Miss Magpie

www.lilidesigns.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: December 24, 2006 01:22:50 PM »

Well I managed to craft jewellery/keyrings for all my friends, but really didn't have time to take photos of them all!  I might take some of people wearing their gifts and put them on, if I get the chance...

Love all you fabulous crafty gifts especially the periodic table squares hehe yer im a science geek.

Now to get on with wrapping...xox
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The website's up and running, and the shop will be ready soon ~ www.lilidesigns.co. uk ~ Unique Handmade Jewellery Designs
bagheera
D 僆!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: December 24, 2006 05:05:41 PM »

I love the Magic the Gathering card idea, MinxInTeaAge!!! (I'm a M:tG geek, too! Grin ) Is it possible to see a pic of the (first) card? I think those gifts were fantastic! He'll be thrilled!
Ses, those are all fantastic! I'm totally jealous of your family/friends! (Personally, I adore that purse!)
GoldfishGirl, that's a unique idea of recycling t-shirts -- I'd never heard of that before! Cheesy
----

Now for my own work!
I used my sewing machine to make stockings for my mother, father and brother. I bought chocolates and trinkets to stuff them. (I'm pretty proud of them, it was the first time I'd ever sewn something by myself! I even managed to thread both the parts, LOL -- the needle and the string that trails out from below it. Cheesy )
I also did an etched glass for each of them, and bought them each something (a box of Turtles for Dad, an instant camera for brother, and t-shirts for Mum.) I'm telling Mum that she can come to me when she picks which quotes she wants on her t-shirt, and I'll buy print-sticker-paper, you know, the stuff you print with what you want, then iron on... Long day, the name escapes me, LOL. Tongue
I'd hoped to get more done, but I've been crazy busy with work (retail store + Christmas season = more hours, more zonked at the end of shifts), school (almost there!) and other stuff. Plus, my brother was hospitalized and had appendix surgery, which is a bit worrying, to say the least. Smiley (He's well on the mend now, and even came home this afternoon! So he'll be here for Christmas!)

Next year, I'm getting started earlier... Say... February? Tongue Grin
Anyway, I'm done and wrapped! In the nick of time, too. Cheesy

~MERRY CHRISTMAS!~
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006 05:29:24 PM by bagheera » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Death Note as I am? Clickies and show your support for a swap! Grin
---
As I lay back, looking at the stars, I began to wonder...
Where the heck did my roof go???
rakechan
little Picture drawer person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: December 24, 2006 05:27:07 PM »

Phew! made it by the skin'o me teeth! here's my stuff so far... (not finished boyf's stuff, as not seeing him til the end of the week!)
My mate's Edward Scissormonkey and my Bro's monkey (based on him!- that sculpy guitar took ages!) and my Bro's record sketchpad:

My Mum's present: garden tool belt, garden journal and bought 'Zoo poo' (!! Bought when my fella took me on a suprise trip to Colchester zoo- it's rhino and elephant dung fer the garden!!! Loved the idea of getting my Ma a bucket of poo fer christmas, AND it was putting money towards a good cause! Happiness all round- which is what Christmas is about, eh? ^_^)

My Dad's 6 1/2 ft long scarf. The first proper knitting I've ever done, and my goodness did this try my patience. Looking forward to doing something a little more exciting than 6 1/2 feet of plain garter stitch! He's also getting a mix CD of 'slightly less annoying than usual Christmas music'...

also made my grandparents some christmas orange and cinnamon biscuit stars and some local 'suffolk blend' tea... and my pet ratty Lollo a rice-filled heatable bean bag to snuggle up to on those cold nights. just hoping she doesn't eat it straight away. As the ratty is a shared pet with my boy, I thought it fitting that she should have a matching beanbag to go with the one I'm making Rob. Will post pics of both here when I've finished Rob's bean bag!

wrapped prezzos thus:

Guess you can't really tell but I've wrapped them in plain ol' brown paper (recycled from the various packages I've recieved in recent weeks!) wi green raffia tied around, gold crinkly paper tags and green and red accessories- tied a red feather to my bro's, red twisty pipecleaners and foamy red stars to my Ma's, felt holly leaves and berries to my Dads and red twisty pipe cleaners with green sequins stuck on the end on my grandps!
-sorry about the bigness of pics!

made most of my presents really... I guess it comes to 50% when you find out that I bought my boy a couple of DVDs and a couple of (very interesting) books to go with his bean bag (the exhibition catalogue for Fischi and Weiss show at the Tate modern and 'Curious Moments' photography book- the latter I've recommend to anyone who is interested in photography or the weird and wonderful!)

Have a wonderful Christmas you lot! I'm off to collapse on me bed... which is currently covered with raffia and reels of thread! GAK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Separate the Portrait from the Background
How to Use Distortion to your Advantage
How to Light a Macro Shoot
Comparison Between Abstract and Pictorial Photography
How to Light a Portrait with Small Flash Units Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...