A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
392 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50%+ Christmas Gift Challenge  (Read 32149 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2006 02:41:00 PM »

My Xmas Knitting is all done, thankfully. I got so bored of the last scarf. I have to make 3 bookmarks, earrings and a glasses chain. I am not worried about these because I can do beaded quickly. And sew 3 felt pictures.(I can do those watching TV). And iron on transfers on 7(!) T shirts. The only one I am a bit worried about is the T shirts because I haven't done them before. I tried to knit a Death of Rats for my husband but it isn't going to happen (haven't time to work out knitting in the round) so maybe a felt one or a discworld T shirt. He knows I am doing Tshirts( and promised to help me do the others ) but I would love to surprise him with a crafty surprise.

Oh yes and we decided to do a family tree for my MIL so I will write that out in calligraphy. I did a rough one today.

Love the sock monkeys! An nasty_wench fair play getting all the holiday crafting finished....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psmommy
« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2006 06:56:36 AM »

Okay, Now I'm starting to panic. I've had to change a few gifts and give up on a couple others that I just won't have time for, and I still think the cats and my son may end up with their gifts after Christmas.  Sad

Here is my updated list:

MOM:  Rose stenciled sweatshirt (done), knit deer washcloths, scented hot pads, handmade soap and candle (done)

DAD:  Red neck calendar (bought), gift certificate to Fleet Farm

SIS:  Nautical stenciled sweatshirt (done), knit cow dishcloths (one done), scented hot pads, handmade soap and candle (done)

BIL:  Mountain Dew Jelly, gift certificate to Fleet Farm

11yo Nephew:  John Deere themed gecko body pillow , 2 regular sized John Deere pillows (done), John Deere mini tractor and ball cap gift set (bought)

6yo Nephew:  Cars themed gecko body pillow (just needs to be stuffed), board game (bought)

4mo Nephew:  Winnie the Pooh themed mini gecko (pieces are cut out), crocheted sock monkey hat from Happy Hooker (almost done), fabric books, knit booties

SON:  Stuffed Rudolph, Blue's Clues themed mini gecko pieces are cut out), felt bug catcher set, froggie fleece hoodie, penguin fleece hat (done)

Son's half Sister:  Dora sweatshirt, knit sweater (back is done)

CATS:  knit toy mice and balls, (and if I have time) cat bed

I'm having trouble with my cheap, crappy digital camera (it keeps telling me that there are no photos to download even though the camera is full!!!), so, I will be posting pix when I get the film in my regular camera developed (probably after Christmas).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tracymarie
« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2006 07:51:41 AM »

Another updated list. Bold items are done, italicized items have been changed from the original post.

BF: something purchased that he requests (will probably end up being a video game), a homemade book about us with patented MS Paint stick figure illustrations, DM screen for D&D (since he is always borrowing one from one of our friends - Might not have time for this one, though)

Mom: homemade cranberry white chocolate biscotti, mint chocolate fudge some purchased (cheap!) tea and hot chocolate, bookmark, marble magnets, family photo (if I can get all the kids together)(I can't get everyone's schedules to work so no picture this year Sad

Dad: Florida Gators marble magnets, gators bookmark, family photo

Dad's GF: Florida State Seminoles marble magnets & bookmark, plus tea and biscotti

Sister: handmade baking recipe book with easy recipes and pictures.
bookmark (ran out of iron on vinyl!)

Older Brother: star wars bookmark, mint chocolate fudge
Brand new sister in law: Mythbusters bookmark, husky puppies marble magnets

Younger brother: teenage mutant ninja turtles bookmark, a purchased shirt that he wants very much. (chuck norris facts)

Nephew: A purchased marshmallow shooter gun. He is only 4, and he told me he wants that very much so I told him I'd get it for him. Smiley

Most of my friends: a combination of bookmarks, marble magnets, homemade biscotti and/or oreo bark and chocolate dipped peanut brittle and tea or hot chocolate.

another friend: crazy hotep eye design bookmark, purchased glass art

All the dogs I know: homemade dog treats (I'm making extras too so I can go to the park and give them out (with owner's approval, of course)) and FSU collar bandanas

Secret Santa from an RPG forum I frequent: purchased Nerf gun and a conan the barbarian bookmark. Plus a nice card (purchased), some hershey's kisses (purchased), and heavy metal marble magnets (ac/dc, iron maiden, black sabbath, etc.). (he got his gift and loved it!)

All I need to do now is make the biscotti, dip the peanut brittle in chocolate and possibly make one more batch, make the cookie bark, and I also decided to dip some pretzel rods in chocolate b/c it's quick and easy but looks really nice if you drizzle white chocolate over it and dress it up a bit.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006 07:53:12 AM by tracymarie » THIS ROCKS   Logged
turtblu
« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2006 09:16:47 AM »

Is it too late to join?!
I just found this thread, but I'm doing almost 100% crafted this year (no money for otherwise)

My list:

Mom/Dad: Etched mugs: retriever and hunter, and a pysanky egg: deer motif,(all done, last night)

MIL/FIL: Etched tall tapered glasses: scrabble letters, pysanky: floral (finished everything last night)

Brother: Etched Beer stein with those naked women from the truck mud flaps. Geometric pysanky egg ornament (done)

Brother/SIL: Etched matching glasses with "J" emblem, abstract pysanky(done)

SIL: Etched mug with basketball, Pysanky with her university's logo(done)

Grandma: Deer and Tree pysanky ornament(done), felted soaps

Grandma-in-law: Felted soaps

T/L (friends): Ninja pysanky (for T, the self-proclaimed ninja) and Waves pysanky (for L, the oceanographer)(done)

Kellen (friend): Etched Beer Stein with "Moss Bay" and a Raspberry blowing a raspberry logo. (He has a fantasy football team called the moss bay raspberries)(done)

Em (friend): Calendar of photographs of her baby(Arya) dressed in various month-themed outfits. "Baby's First Christmas" pysanky.(done: I had to gift this one on Monday, as they were heading out of town. She cried over the calendar, it was great)

Arya (baby): Flatworm Stuffie (made of fleece)(done: gifted already as well- baby loved the thing. I forgot to get pictures before I wrapped it, so I'll have to wait to show it off)

David (my husband): Calendar (like the baby one, but with our two dogs dressed up), Flying Spaghetti Monsterism pysanky ornament, Plus a bunch of silly things that I purchased (a pirate that grows if you stick it in water, a fsm car emblem and the fsm gospel) (done, yesterday)

Phew. Makes me tired just typing it out.

Oh, and everyone is getting a pound of homemade Eggnog Fudge with their gifts.

I'll post pictures of things once I get everything finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bagheera
D 僆!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2006 09:49:15 AM »

Wow! Lots of new people joining still, good luck with all the crafting! I'm in the process of updating the first post, now that I've finished reading through the last four pages.
I LOVE everyone's presents, all the pictures are fantastic, and I'm sure the recipients will love their clothes/sock monkeys/marble magnets/plushies, etc! I can't wait to hear about everyone's reactions and I think y'all are a VERY motivated, crafty bunch!

I loved looking at everyone's progress, too.

And...

A big CONGRATULATIONS!!! goes to nasty_wench, for being the first to officially finish all her Christmas crafting!!!
I can't wait to add a "Finished List" of participants who are finished, to my first post... Come on and get that stuff done, guys! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Death Note as I am? Clickies and show your support for a swap! Grin
---
As I lay back, looking at the stars, I began to wonder...
Where the heck did my roof go???
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2006 10:11:42 AM »

Had a set back today. All the finished pressies were under the Xmas tree and one of the cats peed there. We got new chairs and then yesterday we were getting an alarm fitted and they were spooked. What do they do when they are spooked but pee somewhere. Argghhh! A bag of presents got wet. Everything is O.k. but the scarf I knitted for my SIL smells. I nearly cried... Threw it in the washing machine. I am making a cable scarf for myself which I might give her instead.

On the plus side I started a felt picture today and should have it finished tonight.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2006 09:03:27 AM »

HEy everyone I haven't offically joined becasue I just noticed the thread and I only have 3 things left but I figured you guys would be the best to help me through my panic. I will be joining next year though! Smiley And all your gifts are really helping me brainstorm for next year!
Panicing becasue I am celebrating christmas on christmas eve and only have two days to sew, stuff, and detail out two stuffies. (both with custom markings) and one pillowcase.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rakechan
little Picture drawer person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2006 10:12:42 AM »

What do they do when they are spooked but pee somewhere. Argghhh! A bag of presents got wet.

Aw! I can sympathize with you completely- we moved house 3 weeks ago, and my dog's gone bananas... gave my boyfriend his birthday present, and no longer had he unwrapped a bit swag bag of cookies made by my fair hands and a home made sketchbook, than dear little Benji hopped up on the bed and gave the lot a watering. I too had to fight back tears of annoyance! Sad

Hope the scarf's OK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eveel

www.sinfulknitter.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2006 11:20:15 AM »

Had a set back today. All the finished pressies were under the Xmas tree and one of the cats peed there. We got new chairs and then yesterday we were getting an alarm fitted and they were spooked. What do they do when they are spooked but pee somewhere. Argghhh! A bag of presents got wet. Everything is O.k. but the scarf I knitted for my SIL smells. I nearly cried... Threw it in the washing machine. I am making a cable scarf for myself which I might give her instead.

On the plus side I started a felt picture today and should have it finished tonight.  

If your scarf still smells like cat pee.  rewash it with Vinegar, plain white.  I have a 'piddler' but we make it easy for her by leaving stuff on the floor.  I just wash it along with everything else in Vinegar.  It also helps with colorfastness.  It won't smell when its dry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has justified my packrat behaviour
tracymarie
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2006 11:37:53 AM »

HOORAY! I am done done done with all my items! I stayed up last night until 3 am baking stuff and dipping things in all sorts of chocolate! I will post pictures in a separate thread, probably. I have to buy one or two more gifts, but all my crafty gifts are finished!!

Another updated list. Bold items are done, italicized items have been changed from the original post.

BF: something purchased that he requests (will probably end up being a video game), a homemade book about us with patented MS Paint stick figure illustrations, DM screen for D&D (since he is always borrowing one from one of our friends - Might not have time for this one, though)

Mom: homemade cranberry white chocolate biscotti, mint chocolate fudge some purchased (cheap!) tea and hot chocolate, bookmark, marble magnets, family photo (if I can get all the kids together)(I can't get everyone's schedules to work so no picture this year Sad

Dad: Florida Gators marble magnets, gators bookmark, family photo

Dad's GF: Florida State Seminoles marble magnets & bookmark, plus tea and biscotti

Sister: handmade baking recipe book with easy recipes and pictures. muffin tin (purchased)
bookmark (ran out of iron on vinyl!)

Older Brother: star wars bookmark, mint chocolate fudge
Brand new sister in law: Mythbusters bookmark, husky puppies marble magnets

Younger brother: teenage mutant ninja turtles bookmark, a purchased shirt that he wants very much. (chuck norris facts)

Nephew: A purchased marshmallow shooter gun. He is only 4, and he told me he wants that very much so I told him I'd get it for him. Smiley

Most of my friends: a combination of bookmarks, marble magnets, homemade biscotti and/or oreo bark and chocolate dipped peanut brittle and tea or hot chocolate.

another friend: crazy hotep eye design bookmark, purchased glass art

All the dogs I know: homemade dog treats (I'm making extras too so I can go to the park and give them out (with owner's approval, of course))[/b] and FSU collar bandanas

Secret Santa from an RPG forum I frequent: purchased Nerf gun and a conan the barbarian bookmark. Plus a nice card (purchased), some hershey's kisses (purchased), and heavy metal marble magnets (ac/dc, iron maiden, black sabbath, etc.). (he got his gift and loved it!)

Hooray for crafty christmas!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chef school class - chinese food equipment
Chinese cuisine class - food ingredients
How to Make Fried Bananas
How to Make Fast Chinese Food Easy?
Part 5 - How to Make Tempura Noodles
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...