A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 307,245
Currently Running With Scissors:
702 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50%+ Christmas Gift Challenge  (Read 33625 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: December 13, 2006 09:17:23 PM »

Here's my updated list:
Just a few more gifts to make!

Mother-in-Law:
-needleroll for Crochet hooks DONE!  11/16
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=133571.0#new
-Framed wedding pic

Mom:
-Needle roll for knitting needles DONE!  11/17 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=133607.0
-Historical ATC book, DONE!  12/12

Sister: (age 14)
-2 reversible fabric belts

Daughter (age 3)
-a new art smock??? (She's getting a nice easel as well)
-Dolly pillows and blankies
-Big snuggly blankie for the car (I'm re-conning her baby blankies for this)
-Sock Monkey, Done 12/1-reversible fabric belts
-Puppets (she's getting a puppet theater too) DONE!

Son:(age 1)
-Big snuggly blankie for the car (I'm re-conning his baby blankies for this) Done, 12/14.
-road track mat...Something that he can drive cars around on the floor, that rolls up to take with him.
-Sock Monkey
-Superhero capes

Hubby:
(modified to remove his gifts since he joined Craftster!)

Brother (age 16)
-Painted Tees?
-sports picture frame

Dad:
Car trash can?

Father in law:
A few jars of homemade spicy pickles
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006 08:54:55 AM by OriginalYouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tracymarie
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2006 07:08:49 AM »

tracymarie,

what recipe do you use for your dog treats? I usually do peanut butter each year - MacDuff's PB shortbread. (MacDuff being a dog, of course  Wink )

I haven't actually decided yet!

I was thinking about this one from stretcher.com

Peanut Butter Cookies

4 1/2 cups flour
1 1/3 cups cornmeal
6 Tablespoons peanut butter
1 cup applesauce (with one batch, I just pureed a regular raw apple)
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sunflower or sesame seeds, optional
1 egg for basting

Mix all dry ingredients. Add peanut butter, milk, eggs and applesauce. Mix well until dough is firm. Let stand for 15-20 minutes. While waiting, set oven at 350 degrees. Roll out dough on floured surface to a 1/4" thickness. Cut into shapes with cookie cutter. Baste with egg and then sprinkle with seeds (if desired). Bake 30 to 40 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Makes approximately 4 dozen biscuits, depending on the size you cut them.

OR

this one from soapdelicatessen.com

Meaty Dog Biscuits

Instructions:
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cups dry milk
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 egg, beaten
flavoring - meat drippings, or broth (enough to make a stiff dough)

Instructions:
Combine flour, dry milk and garlic powder in a medium sized bowl. Add egg Mix well, adding enough flavoring to make the dough stiff. Roll to 1/4 inch thickness on floured surface, then cut into shapes. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mistress_batty
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Batty Bat Bat

happy hookin' mistress

« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2006 10:11:37 PM »

I can't believe I didn't sign up or this sooner. lol So yeah, I'm definitely doing a mainly DIY Christmas....here's what I have to make so far......not sure how much all I'm going to be making. These are all ideas. I want to make as much as I can, but unfortunately, with classes ending just recently, I'm running a little short on time. But yeah, I'm up for the challenge. Smiley

Mom - Wavy scarf (it's started but it's taking a lot of time Sad ), Cherished Teddies 'Melody' garden angel (I just need to do backstitching), crocheted snowmen

Step dad
- something Taz or firefighting oriented

Mom & Step dad - make a few scrap book pages about their grandson & then put together a scrap book kit so they can continue the book,  Richard Cheese's christmas CD

Dad & Step mom - mosaic picture frames, take a photo of myself...I want to make them each something as well but I'm not sure what. (something betty boop for stpm and green bay packers for dad maybe?)

Grandparents -  mosaic picture frames with picture of me

my uncle - scarf, not sure what else, something cooking related (he's a chef), or coin related (he collects coins)

Brother & his girlfriend - um...hm. not sure yet (I did buy my brother Southern Comfort & Jack Daniels flavored coffee samplers)

nephew - crocheted star blanket (90% done), crocheted black hoodie or skull cap or amigurumi stuffy

my boyfriend - buy Venture Brothers dvd ($10 bucks at Amazon.com woo woo)....hmm, maybe a stocking? Venture Brothers tshirt or hoodie (which means I need to buy printer ink Sad ), not sure....I need ideas.

my fella's mom & her two pooches - a hello kitty hat for her, and two little hello kitty doggy hats (crocheted?)

my friends:
     Nicole
- turtle potholders, turtle stuffy, Hello Kitty cat toys, felt covered composition notebook, moose stocking, Snarfblat necklace (lol and I want to make myself a Dinglehopper one)....um, a spice cake with cream cheese frosting (I didn't have money when it was her birthday, so I'm doing birthday & Christmas gifts for her),
I'm making a goodie platter for her & her bf (sugar cookies, rice crispy treats, peanut butter cups, possibly buckeye balls & peanut butter cookies)

Ivory - grey & pink scarf, panta, felt covered composition notebook, Hanson oriented stocking

Stacey - scarf, panta, something else (we've been friends for over 15 years...3 - 4 years ago we lost touch but are reconnecting.....I really want to make her something nice)

a craftster I'm a swap angel for - (it's a christmasy swap, lol I thought it counted as a gift) Chococat oriented items
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2006 07:07:24 AM »

So yesterday I added 2 more items to my list to make (for the step"mom" or as I refer to her my father's wife) but instead of actually working on things off my list, like all the things I HAVE to have finished to ship tomorrow (including the package to my dad and his wife) I made a tiny santa hat, for the cats, and a new santa hat for my son, his from last year is a bit snug and of course the one I made turned out too big.  Where are my priorities!?!
Alright, I have got to wear the kiddo out this morning so he takes a nice LONG nap because I have 4 things I HAVE to get made today that HAVE to ship tomorrow.
Hope everyone else is on schedule... (and didn't get all mixed up with shipping dates and have spent entirely too much time making things that don't have to be shipped rather than the ones that did, so lame)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

reefundine
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2006 02:43:30 PM »

I know I'm a late joiner, but here is my Christmas crafting/gift list! Most of this stuff is pretty much done, it just might need assembling or finishing touches  Grin

My fiance:
-PJ bottoms with basketball print
-Pillowcase with surfboards on it.....he's always complaining that his pillowcase is gross ha.
-A crochet beanie with a bill (he's been asking for one for ages)
-A sweatshirt with either a stenciled ninja or the NOFX logo
-If I have time I'm either going to draw a picture of our characters from an online game (how we met) or crochet him yoda

Mom:
-I bought her a bunch of Tinkerbelle stationary/craft stuff that I've seen around
-Crochet cloche and scarf set. It's gray with cranberry and pink flowers!

Dad:
-Elf DVD
-Pillowcase with US Navy stuff on it
-PJ pants with hockey print

Brother:
-Store bought tee shirt
-Amigurumi ninja

My cousin who's birthday is on the 21st:
-A scented candle set
-I also made her a felt pink robot with a scarf (because of my bad job attaching the head to the body lol)

My youngest cousin:
-A black kitty ear beanie, and I might make a matching one for her doll
-A felt donut
-A crochet octopus

Other 2 cousins:
-I'll probably just crochet a pig ornament for one, and a gnome ornament for the other

Fiance's family, grandparents #2, and our giant family gift exchange:
-A hot chocolate kit that includes: mugs, regular marshmallows, candy canes, Christmas marshmallows, sprinkles, Hershy kisses, small box of candy, small coffee samplers, tea bags, and I might make cookies if I have time.

Grandparents #1
-I bought a set of 6 wine scented candles, and I need to pick something else up for them at the store....no homemade because of no time and my grandpa is diabetic so I coulden't make him what I made my other grandparents Sad

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2006 10:43:22 AM »

YAY!  Went to the PO today to mail all the boxes out of presents that had to be finished by last night to ship and I actually had everything finished and ready to go last night.  Even after my dad waiting until Thursday night to tell me what to make for his wife.  
So here are some more pictures of what I have been working on this past week.

First off, the way I decided how to wrap/package the coffee cozies... on a paper cup of course, it's actually a picture of a paper cup printed and glued to cardboard.  I thought it turned out really cute and now I know how to package them for when I start selling them (I'm going to personalize the cup).  

A 3 ring binder (1 inch) cover (I actually made 2, but forgot to get a picture of the 2nd before wrapping it, it's a cute blue and white watering can fabric)... (Sorry no action shot, I couldn't find my 3ring binder)

A CD case that I bought and then covered with fabric and bias tape (it didn't come out as nice as I would've liked but this is after the 3rd try (my machine was being a pain) so I was fed up...

Fleece UGA blanket (from a panel), that satin eding is super annoying (I don't think I will be using it on the other one of these, a KU one, I am making)

Guitar strap!  I love how this turned out (I think I am going to make a second one too)

And lastly, a drawstring sunglasses case/pouch (it's lined with fleece!)

Sorry the pictures are so big.
I'm starting to feel a little better and more relieved now that I have sent most of my presents off.  I only have 8-9 more things to make (3 stenciled tshirts, an apron, a wallet, fleece scarf, another fleece blanket, finish a DS case, and maybe another guitar strap)
YAY! again...

I hope everyone else is getting towards the end of their lists too!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 07:09:54 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2006 12:30:47 PM »

Love the guitar strap. I need to make one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2006 02:23:37 PM »

Love the guitar strap. I need to make one.

it was really easy
i used 2in nylon webbing inside the fabric (sewed the fabric into a tube then put the webbing through it and sewed across in a few places to make sure the fabric stayed put) and then i used naugahyde to make the ends (and added a button hole with my machine)

i just realized the pictures i took of it were of the back side where the fabric doesn't match up on the sides, wtg me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

penguin91
« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2006 05:51:21 AM »

I know I've only got a week (eek!), but mind if I join in?

I've got a short list, but nothing is done yet.

Boyfriend-I'm sewing him some boxers.  I'll also make him some of his favorite cookies.  I want to make a chocolate bowl (directions for which I found on craftster) to put a couple of the cookies in.  I also bought him a polo shirt.

Best Friend-I'm putting together a 'Sleepover in A Box'.  I'm going to set up a night with her mother that she'll be free, then just show up and surprise my friend on that day with the kit for us to use.  It's going to include nailpolish, spa face mask, a kit I bought at Joanns for making girly foam picture frames, a couple rented Johnny Depp movies, lots of sugary snacks, and hopefully I'll sew a her pillow.  The whole thing isn't exactly handmade, but I am putting it togther myself, right?

Mom- For years my mom has been making quilts and giving them away to people, and she always takes pictures of the quilt before giving it away.  So last night my dad and I went through boxes of pictures from before we owned digital cameras and scanned all the quilt pictures we found onto the computer.  I'm going to put together a "Quilt Journal" with my scrapbooking supplies and the pictures we found, where she can put pictures the quilts and record who it was for and when she gave it away.  Sorry, that was kind of a lengthy explanation.  When I bounced the idea off my dad he said she'd really like it.

Dad-Was planning on making a scrapbook of our trip to the Grand Canyon, but it seems kind of late now.  Maybe I'll still try to put one together.

And that's my whole list for now.  I might add more if I finish this stuff, but I doubt that will happen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iloveoctopus
« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2006 08:17:32 AM »

unfortunately i don't have pictures, i think i'll get them on christmas. but pretty much everything is made!

*dad- pj pants
mom- scarf with matching earflap hat
*brother rob- garfield pj pants and german flag colore beanie
his girlfriend- blue scarf with matching beanie
sister helena- ocean colored scarf with matching beanie
i couldn't think of anything for her husband
*her son- big cars blanket
brother rocky- red and black earflap hat and gambling box with vintage pinup girl cards decoupaged on
*sister maurica- earflap hat and alice in wonderland tote

i'm done with everything except for what's marked with *, so i'm mostly done ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Ways to Wear Eye-Catching Embellishments
3 Ways to Crush on Velvet
3 Leather Looks That Are Super-Sleek and Super-Chic
3 Ways to Wear a Camo Shirt
How to Dress for Extreme Heat
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...