A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50%+ Christmas Gift Challenge  (Read 30932 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheGirlin14G
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2006 03:22:51 PM »

fairysari - where did you get the small Star Trek pictures?  Did you just search and resize... how big should the printed image be?  lol -I've hand drawn marble magnets before, but I want to make ones of pro-swimmers for my friend's present.. but I can't draw pro-swimmers as well as I can draw music notes and little animals!  Wink

I am throughly intrigued by the knit nativity scene.. can't wait to see it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why do we play with fire?
Why do we run our finger through the flames?
Why do we leave our hand on the stove,
although we know we're in for some pain?

-Marissa-
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2006 06:41:00 PM »

Marked a few more people off my list
Of course the items I really want to post pics of the most here are the ones for other Craftster members (so I have to wait until after Christmas)
But here are some more that won't get spoiled by posting them here!

A hooded scarf, it's reversible, one side is plain yellow fleece and the other is a flannel in a fun cats/dogs in space print (it's modeled by my son's stuffed lion, haha)

An apron (which I bought, because I am running out of time) with a cupcake and crossbones (a johnny cupcakes design) stenciled on it (the stencil didn't stay well on the fabric, it's a thick ribbing so the paint didn't stay like it should've), the apron is a khaki greenish color and the paint is a light pink (it's hard to tell in the picture, I couldn't get a good one)

DSLite Case (but it's more like a wrap) (not what I originally intended, I had big plans with a case that had pockets for games, but my mockup case turned out not so great, so I went with this instead and promised the receiver a rocking new one with all the bells and whistles for her Feb. birthday, plus she's also getting the awesome apron above so that should make it ok)

And last but not least, my very first homemade cards (these will go out to all the Grandparents with some pictures of our son, because that's what Grandparents, they are actually my son's GreatGrandparents, like) I think they turned out really cute and had a lot of fun making them.  The tree is cutout with the green stripey paper behind it and white inside (with matching envelopes)

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 07:10:41 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

stick

"I'm Only Good At Being Young"

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2006 06:46:33 PM »

Zelda.Suicide the DS lite case is fabulous!  I just love that material!  I also love the cupcake and crossbones design on the apron.  Too cute!  You're doing much better than me marking people off of your Christmas Craft List!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stick Officially Has Wists!
http://www.wists.com/appstatestick/all
minidutchess

Very well rounded...yeah, that's it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2006 07:25:54 PM »

I'm just going to kind of paste & edit my original post.  Not much going on here....

I have a giant list, but I'm starting with the immediate fam (grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc) and moving my way down to the..um..least important? (boss, etc, lol).

PJ's for my DS & Nephew - I cut them out yesterday, still have to sew them all up.

Green fleece robe for my Nephew - Purchased the fleece & the green thread.  I got it for $1.99 a yard at Joanns after Thanksgiving.

Everybody else.....

1) Crocheted Snowflakes.  My granny used to make them when I was younger, and I kind of kept up the tradition.  I usually make some kind of ornament (except the past few years) and give those as gifts.  They are quick to make so I should be able to whip up quite a bit to deco my tree at home AND give as gifts. Gave up

2) Knitted dish cloths.  They take a while to do, so probably those near the top of my list will be getting those...maybe some of my neighbors too. About 10 people will get one of these, LOL

4) Small doilies - these are just so much FUN to make!  I'm making them small because I tend to get distracted around round 20 and then it stops being fun.  I'm only doing the one's with less rounds than that, ROFL.  Gave up on these too, ROFL

3) Christmas Stockings - I have a TON of scrap fabric that I can do these with.  I haven't made any yet, but they should be fairly simple.  Not sure if I'm going to line them or not...I probably will, because the cosmetic aspect of it will drive me nuts if I don't.  Again, starting from the top and working my way down as far as time goes. I've got about 15 of these done, I'm thinking about stopping there.

4) Lip Balms - I made these 2 weeks ago.  So simple and they are pretty tasty!  I have about 80 or so done and ready to give out.

5) Soaps - These are simple, but I need to perfect the whole 'scenting' technique.  All the one's I've made aren't very smelly with the EO's that I used.  They look pretty though, LOL.  I still have about 15lbs of base to use (m&p)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fairysari
)'( deep playa walker )'(

guinea piggin'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2006 10:17:23 PM »

Girlin14G - I found that computer printe images don't work very well. I found the pictures in some magazine.

Zelda, I really like the hooded scarf. Did you use a pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:Ravelry:.  .:Tumblr:.  .:Flickr:.
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2006 12:10:09 AM »

Updates! I think I'm going to make it LOL Thank god that afghan's a "six hour" design so I can get it done in two weeks.  Grin

Dear Hubby - Ghostbusters 1 & 2 movies done 11/25 , plus a headwarmer for the motorcycle. managed to find a pattern! kudos, new knitty!
Mom - homemade soap or lotion, plus teaching how to knit-Done! 
Dad - menard's gift cert, going in on w/brother new razor, bought on Black Friday
Brother - infused vodka (or car parts, but vodka's easier to come by) vodka put in 11/29
MIL - needle knit afghan, since she just had surgery on her legs and needs to stay warm!Curses! I just got the new ball of yarn FINALLY wound up. Think I'm going to start tomorrow.
FIL - gift cert, since all he loves is motorcycles LOL-Done!
Sis in Law - loom knitted hat and scarf set Hat's done, scarf is 3/4, had to run out for more yarn today-its almost done! just 4 inches left.

Best friend in the world who taught me to knit on needles this year as her Xmas gift to me?   - Update: So I was at No Coast Craft O Rama over the weekend and bought some awesome magenta and green Malabrigo yarn to do up some wristlets, and I'm going to make her some row counter bracelets!

Boss (3x) - loom knitted wine bottle gift bag plus local wine DONE! 11/24!

"Stuff a Stocking" exch. partner (not on craftster) - loom knitted wine bottle gift bag (comp. 11/14), homemade soap (comp. 11/12), a 4 inch loom, some amaretto cake I made and some sparkling lemonade (all done 11/20), and some sparkly black yarn to use for the holidays. DONE! And well received by my exchange partner, who couldn't wait until Christmas to open it  Cheesy

A few more updates:
Easy Peasy Xmas Card Swap - 5 cards constructed, 1 card left. Each person is getting one of my felt card pouches - and they're all different, so no one gets the same one! sent out 12/8 - when I realized that I only need 5 cards for a six person exchange - duh!

Mom's Xmas exchange Partner - okay, so I taught mom to knit as many stitches as I know (which amounts to just a couple). She knit her partner a scarf and crocheted some cute gloves, and I did up a hat to match. done! and she really liked it!

Aunt In Law - since she's in the hospital, I made a nice Xmas card for her and dropped it in the mail today (12/4).

I'm also teaching a holiday looming class from tonight through 12/18 on how to make a holiday purse :-) - a gift to my fellow loomers.

Thinking of adding one more gift for my "work husband". Maybe a knitted tie? He's quite the fashionista. I have to think about this one more.

And finally? Trying to design patterns right now for Lynn Markman's holiday looming contest. Four days left :-)

Concetta
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2006 06:20:51 AM »

Thanks! 
I actually didn't use a pattern.  I used a hoodie of mine to get the shape of the hood (I made it shorter than you would a hood for a hoodie so that the scarf would sit on the shoulders rather than below) and then just cut out a long (60in ish) rectangle for the scarf, then sewed them all together, it was relatively easy.
I did the 2 hood pieces (matching) then the 2 completed hoods together, then those to the tops of each side of the scarf, then around the rest of the scarf (leaving room to turn of course, then topstitched the whole thing.  It turned out really nice looking, I just hope she likes it (it's for my brother's exgf).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psmommy
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2006 06:45:08 AM »

Okay, after having some time to think about it and searching all the wonderful gift ideas on craftster, I've finally decided exactly what everyone is getting this year. 

Here is my new detailed list:

MOM:  Winter themed quilted/appliqued Rose stenciled sweatshirt, knit deer washcloths, scented hot pads, handmade soap (done) and candle

DAD:  BBQ gift basket, gift certificate to Fleet Farm

SIS:  Ladybug quilted/appliqued Nautical stenciled sweatshirt, knit cow dishcloths (one done), scented hot pads, handmade soap (done) and candle

BIL:  Mountain Dew Jelly, gift certificate to Fleet Farm

11yo Nephew:  John Deere themed gecko body pillow (just needs to be stuffed), 2 regular sized John Deere pillows(done), John Deere mini tractor and ball cap gift set (bought)

6yo Nephew:  Cars themed gecko body pillow (just needs to be stuffed), board game

4mo Nephew:  Winnie the Pooh themed mini gecko, crocheted sock monkey hat from Happy Hooker (nearly complete), knit blocks, knit booties

SON:  Stuffed Rudolph, Blue's Clues themed mini gecko, felt bug catcher set, froggie fleece hoodie, penguin fleece hat(done)

Son's half Sister:  Dora sweatshirt, knit sweater (back is done)

CATS:  knit toy mice and balls, (and if I have time) cat bed

whew, well, my to do list get longer, but unfortunately my finished list didn't.  So far I have all the pieces for the two larger geckos cut out, one cow dishcloth and the sweater on needles, and the sock monkey hat on a hook.

Will post some pix when I have time to upload them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tracymarie
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2006 01:50:37 PM »

Here is my updated list. Bold items are done, italicized items have been changed from the original post.

BF: something purchased that he requests (will probably end up being a video game), a homemade book about us with patented MS Paint stick figure illustrations, DM screen for D&D (since he is always borrowing one from one of our friends)

Mom: homemade cranberry white chocolate biscotti, some purchased (cheap!) tea and hot chocolate, bookmark, marble magnets, family photo (if I can get all the kids together) (I can't get everyone's schedules to work so no picture this year Sad

Dad: Florida Gators marble magnets, gators bookmark, family photo

Dad's GF: Florida State Seminoles marble magnets & bookmark, plus tea and biscotti

Sister: handmade baking recipe book with easy recipes and pictures.
bookmark

Older Brother: star wars bookmark, still can't decide what else
Brand new sister in law: Mythbusters bookmark, not sure what else

Younger brother: teenage mutant ninja turtles bookmark, possibly a purchased shirt that he wants very much.

Nephew: A purchased marshmallow shooter gun. He is only 4, and he told me he wants that very much so I told him I'd get it for him. Smiley

Most of my friends: a combination of bookmarks, marble magnets, homemade biscotti and/or oreo bark and chocolate dipped peanut brittle and tea or hot chocolate.

another friend: all that plus a piece of purchased glass art

All the dogs I know: homemade dog treats (I'm making extras too so I can go to the park and give them out (with owner's approval, of course)) and FSU collar bandanas

Secret Santa from an RPG forum I frequent: purchased Nerf gun and a conan the barbarian bookmark. Plus a nice card (purchased), some hershey's kisses (purchased), and heavy metal marble magnets (ac/dc, iron maiden, black sabbath, etc.).

So far I'm doing well. I need to get to my mom's and sew the dog bandanas this weekend and finish up the marble magnets I botched the first time around  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006 01:54:07 PM by tracymarie » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

« Reply #139 on: December 13, 2006 08:41:06 PM »

tracymarie,

what recipe do you use for your dog treats? I usually do peanut butter each year - MacDuff's PB shortbread. (MacDuff being a dog, of course  Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Fixing Dependencies Manually
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Fixing Dependencies Automatically
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Opening Files
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Working with File Types and Extensions
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Saving and Editing Document Presets
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...