A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,522
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50%+ Christmas Gift Challenge  (Read 32136 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cocoa Kitten
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2006 05:23:25 AM »

Thanks for all of the suggestions every!  I think that my best chance would be a hat or scarf... But I'm not entirely sure I can picture any of them wearing one.  Blarg.  Guys are never easy to deal with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MinxInTeaAge
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2006 08:28:07 AM »

OK, here we go.
Very long description of all my presents! 

For the Boyfriend: 
   advent calendar type thing in an altered book (I have a precalculus textbook that I got for free at school--he's a total math geek--and we're going to alter the pages and such so that it becomes an advent calendar book
   Fortune cookie cat toy (http://www.geocities.com/thixle/main.html)
   felt donut (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=46368.0 (I used to call him the Boy Who Buys Me Doughnuts)
   PocketMod (http://www.pocketmod.com) "Guide To Maxine" detailing the care and keeping of moi
   And a scarf.  He has this red sweater that I absolutely adore, so I found some Caron Simply Soft yarn that matches it perfectly.  http://www.crochetme.com/love-scarf -- This pattern, but half as wide and in three colours (mine is dark blue where that one is light grey, dark red where that one is black, and champagne where that one is red or white). 
   I'm going to put all of this in a stocking with his name on it that I found at a garage sale...it's red velvet with sequins and beads and such and a green top, with his name embroidered on it.

Various friends:
   --A scarf I've been working on for about a year (I work on it, put it down, work on it, put it down...forget about it for a few months...) and a knitting needle holder.     
   --A stuffed sushi roll (http://www.crochetme.com/issue_1/sushi_tp_cover.html but with a bottom), which is finished except for some 'fillings'. 
   --A tin (her nickname starts with "T", so it's "[Strange Nickname that starts with T] in a Tin") filled with copies of the stories that she and I have written, and probably some cheap store-bought toys and such.
   --A decorated box ("Caitlin in a Container") with our inside jokes on the outside and a stuffed cupcake (http://members.aol.com/cillcrochets/cupcake.html) on the inside, along with a white fleece scarf with a felt armadillo on it. (...Inside joke  Cheesy)
   --A cleaned-out bag of crocheted cheese doodles (another inside joke) and a black fleece scarf with white penguin shapes on it.  (Like, the scarf will be all black, but on the ends I'm going to put...the white parts of a penguin.  I'm not really sure how to describe it.)
   And I'll probably come up with some other presents that I want to make.

Parents:
   --I'm not entirely sure what to make for my mom.  I might make her a crochet hook roll, or something.  I dunno yet.  Dad gets a felt steak and crocheted bacon.

Boyfriend's family
   Another one for which I'm at a loss.  I'm thinking of making some doilies, or little potpourri jars with doilies over them (I really enjoy making doilies Cheesy) which will cover his mom/grandma, but I dunno what to do for his dad and sister.  I'll have to ask the boy.  (Though he's never any help, since he's rather un-crafty.  Very supportive of MY craftiness, and will love anything I make for him, but he himself is not very crafty.)

So that's that!
I'd better get busy.  I'm almost done with the scarf and the stuffed cupcake (though I wanna try making a couple cupcakes, since the first isn't coming out perfectly), and the sushi.  I have all the materials for the other presents...just need some time to work on them!!  (Sorry I ramble!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

to being an "us", for once, instead of a "them"
SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2006 09:47:36 AM »

Well, ya family and friends are lucky.  My family seems not to like all my handmade gifts, and I usually make them because I would not ever have some money.  This year I do, then I saw this thread which I read the whole thing, amazing ideas.  It is making me miss making gifts for them, but I am happy I can buy them stuff now. That is why I am on swaps here because people apprieciate crafted items.

Sister- I am buying her a Tinkerbell purse and I will make her her a Monster MP3 Player Case (I've been making them lately and she loves them)
Brother- I am buying him playstation games and since I saw coffee cozy, he loves drinking Hot Cocoa, he is only 13, but he loves coffee as well, but he drinks more Hot Cocoa, and I am going to make him a coffee cozy or a cocoa cozy.
*They should not get anything.  They just do not apprieciate stuff.  But, I am going to anyway buy, lol.

Mom- I got her a complete bathroom set, still paying on that, lol.  I plan to buy her bath products she can use.  And I plan to photograph a tree that I made up to hang in her bathroom.  A frame I am buying to hang it.

This one girl (If she plans to still make me cookies)- A mix cd.

I saw all these neat ideas on this thread and I would like to make some mini stockings not lined because they are going to be tiny, filled with bite sized chocolate, with wallets I've been making lately.  I might be making a couple of these, who knows, I want to because they seem like a great idea, just do not know who to give them too.

*I might make what I mentioned above for my bosses.

*I plan to draw my cousin his favorite singer Christina Milan and scan it in and have Wal-mart print it off a shirt for me.

*I might do something similar above for my godmother baby, who knows.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2006 05:59:13 PM by SoonFamo-Artiste » THIS ROCKS   Logged
montyfull
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2006 11:48:18 AM »

I'm in!! Smiley ... and new to the forums. Smiley

I'm making:

Mom: Queen sized quilt
Sister (14): Jewelry box with etched initials in the mirror and velvet interior, earrings (she just got her ears pierced)
Grandmother: Painted bird house
Grandfather: Something edible..any ideas? he doesn't like chocolate.
Aunt: no clue...
Fiancee: no clue...He's getting me a Wii, so I'd better make it good Wink
Fiancee's parents: no clue...
Fiancee's sister and brother in law: Embroidery under glass coasters... idea from http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=135194.0!
Lisa, friend #1: She's getting married so I'm making her a quilt for a christmas/wedding present. Won't be ready until after Christmas, though.
Sarah, friend #2: No clue yet...
Lindsay, friend #3: Dairy free chocolate truffles. She, like me, suffers greatly from diary products.

And thats what I have so far. Smiley Most of the gifts I want to make cost a decent amount of cash and time, so I want to keep my list small. Can't wait to see everyone else's creations! Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006 12:03:00 AM by montyfull » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Everything in moderation...even moderation. ~

my wists: http://www.wists.com/montyfull
I'm open for personal swaps!!
OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2006 03:29:16 PM »

Hooray for Holiday Crafters!

Here's the gift I made yesterday (3 gifts in 3 days, so far!), 5 animal handpuppets for my daughter!
She's 3, so these are SMALL puppets, but larger than finger puppets.  She is getting a puppet theater for Christmas, so these are for that in the long term, but we will let her open them on the Christmas trip card ride to Grandmas so she can play with them (and entertain the rest of us) on the 8 hour drive.

(Blah, blah, but where are the pictures, you say?)

Monkey, Zebra, Red Bird, Elephant, and a Frog.
They each have some 3-D elements on them (batting in the face, extended tails, mane, hair, trunk, tongue).
I am also way too lazy for hand stitching, so these are all done by machine.

The zebra still needs hooves and eyes.  Poor blind handless kid.

Here's the back of the 1st 2; so you can see the silly tail and rockin' mane.

The arms are all functional from the inside so you can pose them.
Anyhoo, I think she will like them.
3 presents down!

(P.S. The Zebra fabric is a remnant from a pillow that Alwaysinmyroom made for someone...I think ChloeisCrazy!  Cool hand-me-down re-cons!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

psmommy
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2006 06:09:20 PM »

Okay, after having some time to think about it and searching all the wonderful gift ideas on craftster, I've finally decided exactly what everyone is getting this year. 

Here is my new detailed list:

MOM:  Winter themed quilted/appliqued Rose stenciled sweatshirt, knit deer washcloths, scented hot pads, handmade soap (done) and candle

DAD:  BBQ gift basket, gift certificate to Fleet Farm

SIS:  Ladybug quilted/appliqued Nautical stenciled sweatshirt, knit cow dishcloths (one done), scented hot pads, handmade soap (done) and candle

BIL:  Mountain Dew Jelly, gift certificate to Fleet Farm

11yo Nephew:  John Deere themed gecko body pillow (just needs to be stuffed), 2 regular sized John Deere pillows(done), John Deere mini tractor and ball cap gift set (bought)

6yo Nephew:  Cars themed gecko body pillow (just needs to be stuffed), board game

4mo Nephew:  Winnie the Pooh themed mini gecko, crocheted sock monkey hat from Happy Hooker (nearly complete), knit blocks, knit booties

SON:  Stuffed Rudolph, Blue's Clues themed mini gecko, felt bug catcher set, froggie fleece hoodie, penguin fleece hat(done)

Son's half Sister:  Dora sweatshirt, knit sweater (back is done)

CATS:  knit toy mice and balls, (and if I have time) cat bed

whew, well, my to do list get longer, but unfortunately my finished list didn't.  So far I have all the pieces for the two larger geckos cut out, one cow dishcloth and the sweater on needles, and the sock monkey hat on a hook.

Will post some pix when I have time to upload them.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006 10:23:08 AM by psmommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2006 11:36:12 PM »

Okay, I've got to ask psmommy - how do you make Mountain Dew jelly? That would be a great gift for my caffeine lovin' husband (he swears he's not addicted LOL).

:-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
half-jack
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2006 06:48:17 AM »

Okay, here's my long christmas list, in order of when I need to have them done:

(BTW. Nickolas, Heather. If you happen to be randomly surfing craftster, you'd better not read this post)

December 21st:
Autumn: Cute little beanie hat, with bear ears or a face or something on it
Leesa: The purse she wants to commission from me, but can't afford
Heather: Wrist cuff, and little felt badges or something. Or a tofu pillow. something like that.
Shea: Monster plushie doll
Meghan: Monster plushie doll
Max: Plushie frog monster
Ellie: Bracelet, earrings
Olivia: Bracelet, earrings
Kelsey: either a beaded dragon, or wrist cuff
Nick (the best friend): Either collaged Tarot deck (will have the major Arcana finished) or a "So your best friend is a psychotic lesbian bitch: the complete guide" altered book (a joke on the fact that he constantly states that I should come with a manual)
Jeff: Huh

All of the above will come with a little card, bath bombs, and some sort of goodie like cookies or brownies.

Christmas Day
Stepmom: Pajamas
Emma, 4 year old sister: pajamas or a mini quilt or stuffed animal
Gusty, 8 year old brother: Turn one of his monsters he drew into a stuffed animal.
Dad: Some sort of sweet
Austin, 16 year old younger brother: One meal and/or dessert of his choice (as long as there's no meat in it..I'm a vegitarian and cooking meat would bother me)

Jew Christmas (as my stepdad calls it)
Mom : Painting to put in her office
Scott: sweets or cupcakes of his choice.

** note ***
Btw. I hope no one was offended by the Jew Christmas thing. My stepdad is Jewish, and he likes to make fun of himself with it. >.> I reread it and was like...oh crap. So yeah. There we go.

I'm going to be crafting my little butt off. Good thing I get a five day break in two days....
Oh, anyone who wants to help me think of what to make Jeff, I put a post in the brain blockage section.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006 03:52:30 PM by half-jack » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SesSpringett
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2006 01:41:17 PM »

Woo, I'm totally in!!

Ok....
Daddykins... total computer geek, so I made him these:

From an idea I found on here... yay! Also every year he says he wants shower gel (how boring) so I'm going to make him some tea tree soap, yumyumyum, not boring!

Mommykins... McCalls 4935, (tote bag) in blue with a pie (maths) symbol on the outside and a sudoku lining... because for some odd reason the woman loves maths...

Li'l Sis...

We have a scarf and a rainbow dice charm bracelet for her main present, and a selection of random jewellery for her stocking. whoop!

Big Bro... about a third of the way through a scarf for him...

With a dvd so you can see how little I've done, lol (it doesn't really get thinner it's just the angle I took the photo at!!!) and I'm going to do something else as well.. not sure yet, maybe an amazing mix cd with the best songs ever on it!!

Then there's the family I live with...
6 year old girl - pink tote bag with a my little pony patch for her knitting
9 year old boy - ohmylifeihavenoidea!!!
Penny & James... again, not sure... I've only known / lived with them 3 months so I'm not overly sure on what they'd like, they don't really drink so I can't plump with the booze option... hmmm, perplexed...

Anyway....

My friends are gonna get things like pink sparkly honey soap / jewellery (for girlies)
Floppy disk coasters and (if I get organised) cassette tape belts for the boys - they're kinda "emo" and heavily into the kitsch so they'd love it

Grandmothers x 2 - mmm oatmeal and honey soap. Yum. I reckon they'd think 'riiight' if it looked really homemade so I'll package it up really posh and they'll think I got it from an exclusive boutique. Teehee.

Right! Well there's a crazy list of things to do, I'll put pics up as I go (I'm going shopping tomorrow for soap flakes and scents etc. yay!)

x Cheesy
My youth group... they're great kids so I'm gonna do them little presents, there's only ten of them so it won't take a lot of time up!
girlies  - again, pink sparkly soap / jewellery
guys (only two of them!!) - ?! Chocolate probably. haha!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 07:10:25 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the bloggity blog at www.astareal.co.uk
SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2006 02:27:09 PM »

Some people have great ideas for these, that I think would be awesome to make, I have not looked at the other oens, but I saw the pretzel chocolate one and it is a great idea:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=132365.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Opposite of Me Book Trailer
Jane Feather Talks About Writing
Tom Bromley Talks About the 1980s
Nora McFarland Reveals Her Favorite Movies
Vincent Flynn Talks About Extreme Measures
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...