A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50%+ Christmas Gift Challenge  (Read 32134 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cocoa Kitten
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2006 02:41:42 PM »

I'm definitely in.  In fact, I'm actually going for 100% homemade, and I've been working since August already.  I have all of my family's gifts finished, so now I'm working on friend-gifts.  The hardest part has got to be figuring out what each person would like to receive!

-Any ideas for 17-20 year old guys that could be knit, crocheted, sewn... Anything?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bagheera
D 僆!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2006 02:49:37 PM »

Cool! Welcome in, kimmy_sue05!
I'm glad you like Craftster and this challenge.
I can't wait to see some pics of what you come up with! Grin

As for me...
I went shopping today and bought fabric for stockings for my parents, brother and grandmother. I also got chocolates that might end up as stocking stuffers... But'll probably end up being eaten. Cheesy LOL.
I also bought mod podge that may be used for a gift, I'll have to see how my first decoupaging attempt goes.
I bought glass etching cream, and a glass mug that I'll etch for my brother.
Then, I got two plain t-shirts that I'll stencil or screen with two of my mother's favourite quotes, for her. ('Time flies when you're having rum' and 'Don't make me break out my flying monkeys'!)
So, now I just need to get motivated. I'm figuring I'll get at least one present done tonight, as well as a few pieces of jewelry for myself. Grin

Cocoa Kitten, good luck with 100%, I hope you make it! Grin
For ideas, there's a few big threads that are stickied that might help you. Try looking in the generic boyfriend thread, too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Death Note as I am? Clickies and show your support for a swap! Grin
---
As I lay back, looking at the stars, I began to wonder...
Where the heck did my roof go???
OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2006 03:02:17 PM »

Got my 2nd gift done today!  It turns out that the holder I made last night was MUCH more suitable for knitting needles (instead of the MUCH shorter crochet hooks), so I made a smaller one for crochet hooks today.  Hooray!  One gift done each for both Mom and M-I-L.  My new plan is to make 5 gifts each week (or one a day, giving myself a few breaks each week) so I will be able to stay ahead of the game.

Needle roll: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=133607.0
Crochet hook roll: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=133571.0#new
2 things crossed off my list!  Woohoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eveel

www.sinfulknitter.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2006 03:22:19 PM »

ZeldaSuicide:  I LOVE your coffee cozies.  you have done a fantastic job.

ok.  So here are the first few gift plans.

Brother: Fleece Scarf + something else, any ideas for a former personal trainer now salesman?

Brother's girlfriend:  Cosmetic bag

mother in law: pursekit + teacup cosy

Husband's Aunt: Teacosy (sewn, i don't have time or the inclination to knit one)

Mother:  Now this is difficult.... I am thinking purse but I don't think that she has the same purse obsession that I do + a pursekit.  I have to decide.

Dad:  Possible Dicky (neckwarmer shaped like a turtleneck) he used to have some... and something else.

Hubby:  who the heck knows.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has justified my packrat behaviour
minidutchess

Very well rounded...yeah, that's it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2006 05:42:38 AM »

Gosh, I'm starting to get a little terrified of how much I have to make and the short amount of time I have to make them in!

I *FINALLY* got my ornament & doilie pattern books yesterday after nearly a week  of UPS induced hell (Man, I detest them sometimes, lol). 

I had gotten a few of my projects done over the weekend but work was such a nightmare this week that I didn't get ANYTHING done in the last 4 days.  14 hour shifts + standing on my feet all day just exhausted the heck out of me.  I have the next 3 days off and I intend on getting quite a bit done Smiley

Wish me luck!

Oh, I posted pics of the things I did last weekend in my blog.  It's like 2 posts down under the crocheting terrorist plot post, LOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the wallaby
Era of the Sea

stirring controversy with a wooden spoon

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2006 07:08:02 AM »

I finished my first present! Today I give it a test run, and if all goes well I will post pictures.

minidutchess: 'Crocheting terrorists' is my new favourite phrase. (Glad you finally got your book though.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like personal swaps <3

...Oh fine!
http://www.wists.com/wallaby
half-jack
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2006 08:56:22 AM »

I want to join!
I have no idea what I'm doing yet. I'll post when I figure it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bagheera
D 僆!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2006 01:24:52 PM »

Awesome news to hear you guys are getting a start! Welcome in, half-jack! I hope I haven't missed anyone in my list or "updated"s. If I missed you, just PM me and tell me. Grin
I didn't have a chance to get those presents done, so I'm going to get my materials together now (just got home from work) and try etching my first glass. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Death Note as I am? Clickies and show your support for a swap! Grin
---
As I lay back, looking at the stars, I began to wonder...
Where the heck did my roof go???
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2006 03:29:57 PM »

Any ideas for 17-20 year old guys that could be knit, crocheted, sewn... Anything?

Hats... scarves... mitts if they're the right type (either "nerdy" or "hipster" wear them I suppose).
You may want to check out that boyfriend gift thread! (Although I realize they're friends, but a lot of bfs on here seem to be around that age!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

serialdeviant
Like personal swaps? Me too.

This was completely unintentional

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2006 03:53:45 PM »

I am going to be doing this, because I have no money.

So far:

Boyfriend: magazine subscription because he asked for it (DONE, too bad it's not handmade) + I collected some tutorials for him and am getting them printed off (not very handmade but the best I can do under the circumstances because we're almost always together!).

Boyfriend's mother: small crocheted granny squares to maybe make a coin or glasses pouch because she said she can't crochet and always wanted granny squares. (DONE, although I decided to create a how-to kit instead)

Boyfriend's sister: choker and bracelet (DONE)

(My mother and sister are in different countries so I'm off the hook for a few more months. Phew.) I am sending my mother a couple of fairy-themed things and a handmade card, and I sent my sister something from CafePress.

Cousin's three children: each will get their own sock monkey (I've almost finished one). (DONE)

Cousin and wife (and their parents): they have everything, so I'm just gonna buy wine and choccies or something.

Friends in Texas: An embellished beanie (DONE) and a hand made recipe book for the new mother. (DONE)

I'm also sending out handmade cards. (DONE)

I will update with pictures when I take some.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006 02:08:08 PM by serialdeviant » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Talk to Your Hair Stylist About Thinning Hair
How to Thicken Hair
Hair Care Tips for Women
African American Hair Care Tips
How to Assess Thinning Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...