A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50%+ Christmas Gift Challenge  (Read 33214 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: December 24, 2006 10:28:45 PM »

I will post pics as I can.  I did buy the main part of their gift because I actually had money, lol.  But, it just did not feel right at not making them something.  I made this simple yarn Tree picture to hang in the bathroom for my mom, and I made her, my brother, and my sister a Mini IPOD Pillow so when they get home they have somewhere to put it, its not and ipod, but a mini one, forgot what they called, anyway, did it so they will not just lay it anywhere, it give them a place to put it.  I bought myself a Build A Bear, and I made it an outfit.  So, I will post all my Christmas made items on here when they get unwrapped.  I also made some friends bracelets using that tutorial with the ribbon but forgot to take pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SesSpringett
« Reply #191 on: December 25, 2006 08:04:36 AM »

Thank you bagheera! YAY, everyone loved their stuff! huzzah! Now... back to 'The Happy hooker' which appeared in my stocking, along with some crochet hooks and beauuutttiiiful raspberry yarn,  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the bloggity blog at www.astareal.co.uk
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #192 on: December 25, 2006 08:20:52 PM »

Everyone's stuff is so great, I hope they were all well received.

Everyone I have talked to who got handmade gifts from me loved them (or at least claim too, my BIL wore his scarf ALL day, haha) so that's pretty awesome. 

Awwww, SesSpringett, I really wanted the Happy Hooker but didn't get it, though I did get a set of hooks... (and I did get an amazon gift certificate, so it's definitely on the to buy list)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #193 on: December 25, 2006 10:58:31 PM »

Okay, final round up:

Dear Hubby - Ghostbusters 1 & 2 movies done 11/25 , plus a headwarmer for the motorcycle. managed to find a pattern! kudos, new knitty!  got a pass until Valentine's day for the headwarmer, since he was that late last year on my Xmas Gift.
Mom - homemade soap or lotion, plus teaching how to knit-Done!  d'oh! forgot the soap at home, have to send that to her via mail. AND she wants a new pink fun fur hat, AND a new Divine knit hat and scarf
Dad - new razor Dad wants a hat now too. I've got an official Xmas "xtension" LOL
Brother - infused vodka (or car parts, but vodka's easier to come by) vodka put in 11/29 very well received  Cheesy
MIL - Okay, so I got 25 inches done and realized I ran out of time. So the panel became what I call the "aldi" tote bag - large and shallow, good for holding produce from them (for those of you that don't have them they're a cool discount grocery store, but you have to bring your own bag) 2 I-cords for a handle and 1 for a flower embellishment, and it looked pretty dang cool. I'll have to do something really nice for her b-day though.
FIL - gift cert, since all he loves is motorcycles LOL-Done!
Sis in Law - loom knitted hat and scarf set Done!

Best friend in the world who taught me to knit on needles this year as her Xmas gift to me?   - Update: We're meeting up later this week, as both of us had family duties. gives me a couple of extra days! Going to use that malabrigo for a headwarmer or felted needle holder. haven't decided.

Boss (3x) - loom knitted wine bottle gift bag plus local wine DONE! 11/24!

"Stuff a Stocking" exch. partner (not on craftster) - DONE! And well received by my exchange partner, who couldn't wait until Christmas to open it   

A few more updates:
Easy Peasy Xmas Card Swap - 5 cards constructed

Mom's Xmas exchange Partner - I did up a hat to match. done! and she really liked it!

I'm also teaching a holiday looming class from 12/12 through 12/18 on how to make a holiday purse :-) - which went really well! people genuinely seemed to like it.

So with a few "extensions" granted by the Christmas fairies, I definitely made 50% handmade! LOL  Grin  Cheesy  Grin

Concetta
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
nasty_wench
« Reply #194 on: December 26, 2006 05:12:35 AM »

Well, I love everyone's gifts that they crafted.

I was blown away that my family got on board with the Christmas crafts too. I got tons of NEAT stuff from my Mom and sister. I'll post some photos later!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shoppe: Blissed Out! by sharon-lizette designs.
http://www.sharonlizette.etsy.com

My craft, travel and vegan delites blog. Stop by and say hi!
http://nastywench.blogspot.com
penguin91
« Reply #195 on: December 26, 2006 09:32:37 AM »

So I finished everything in time except for my dad's scrapbook.  But that's okay, because he knew about it anyways and it doesn't matter much to him.  I still have to bake the cookies and make the chocolate bowl for my boyfriend, but I was planning on giving those to him (plus the boxers) after Christmas anyways.

My friend loved her Sleepover Kit.  She said it was one of the most thoughtful presents she'd gotten.  We had the best time ever!  I think her favorite part was the Karaoke mix CD I put together, complete with a booklet of the lyrics in case she didn't know the words. 

My mom was really impressed with the quilt jouirnal.  She's going to bring it into work sometime and ask people to remind her which one she made for them so she can record it.

I'll put up some pictures later on if anyone is interested.

Boyfriend-I'm sewing him some boxers.  I'll also make him some of his favorite cookies.  I want to make a chocolate bowl (directions for which I found on craftster) to put a couple of the cookies in.  I also bought him a polo shirt.

Best Friend-I'm putting together a 'Sleepover in A Box'.  I'm going to set up a night with her mother that she'll be free, then just show up and surprise my friend on that day with the kit for us to use.  It's going to include nailpolish, spa face mask, a kit I bought at Joanns for making girly foam picture frames, a couple rented Johnny Depp movies, lots of sugary snacks, and hopefully I'll sew a her pillow.  The whole thing isn't exactly handmade, but I am putting it togther myself, right?

Mom- For years my mom has been making quilts and giving them away to people, and she always takes pictures of the quilt before giving it away.  So last night my dad and I went through boxes of pictures from before we owned digital cameras and scanned all the quilt pictures we found onto the computer.  I'm going to put together a "Quilt Journal" with my scrapbooking supplies and the pictures we found, where she can put pictures the quilts and record who it was for and when she gave it away.  Sorry, that was kind of a lengthy explanation.  When I bounced the idea off my dad he said she'd really like it.

Dad-Was planning on making a scrapbook of our trip to the Grand Canyon, but it seems kind of late now.  Maybe I'll still try to put one together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #196 on: December 26, 2006 10:05:49 AM »

Update: Finished most of the list. My dh  C. took over the responsibility for the various T shirts I was planning to do! He designed the art and has already finished one for his Dad. We won't see most of the  people they are intended for till later on in the week and at the weekend.

Husband:Has asked for a stenciled T shirt with a space ship; didn't do this but I have promised I will make him one. Felt a bit bad because nearly everyone else got a handmade gift.

Mum; personalised book mark. You know the type that is made of a flat piece of metal and has a small decoration hanging off it? Well I'll do her one in her birthstone colours and her name. She also wants a spectacle necklace .Book(Bought already).Other stuff, not sure what yet but small stuff like fluffy bed socks which were a big hit with her last year.

Brother1:  Bro 1 will get cologne(as requested, not music vouchers for once)
Brother2:Asked for a CD...and a surprise. DH will make him a T shirt.

FIL:A T-shirt with "I love Hookers" on it. A Hooker is a type of Irish boat. C did the Tshirt but didn't put any text on it just a picture of a hooker went down very well. Book.
MIL:Same bookmark as my mother, book, a family tree. Dh has been researching her side of the family and wants to a family tree for her. He wants me to calligraph it. I am doing this for her birthday next weekend instead of for Xmas.

SIL1:Drop stitch scarf in blue/green, handmade candle(not by me though)
SIL2:Earrings(a request because she is allergic to silver plate but she wants cool earrings so I'll several pairs of sterling ones), candle.

BIL1 I am planning to stencil or do iron on transfers for t shirts.
BIL2:Same as above.

Nieces x 4: Four,three,nearly one and six months. Have clothes bought for all of them. Bought a cute stuffed puppy for the four year old and bought hand knitted finger puppets for the 3 year old. Wasn't going to make anything for them but love the felt picture idea someone mentioned on this  thread for the babies. Have started a felt picture for one of them but decided to just do the one and give it as a b'day present because her b'day is in 2 weeks.

Friend 1: Pink necklace and earring set, Fun fur pink scarf. The scarf went down very well, it really suits her and she was wearing pink when she opened it.
Two beautiful red glasses and bottle of wine as a present her and her boyfriend can share.

Friend 2: Always a grateful recipient of my jewellery making. However this year is her first in her own house so I might give/make her something for the house. Any suggestions? Nothing too ambitious. We never spend too much on each other.(Got her magnetic salt and pepper balls as a house warming gift) Will make her earrings or a flower pin.( Made a purple felt flower pin)

Friend 3: Is NOT getting a  home made gift this year after her unenthusiastic response to the amethyst set I made her for her birthday. Petty of me maybe but what the heck. She is notoriously hard to buy for and has hated every gift gotten for her EVER except those from her husband who is Friend 4.... (Got her a gizmo that lights up when you play music and shows her mood & a bath set)

Friend 4: Haven't a clue what to get him. Though if I master the T shirt thing I'll do him one. This couple also spend a lot on gifts for people.(Got him 20Q game - dh will do  him a Tshirt for his b-day on the 1st.)

Friend 5:either wrist warmers  or a knit bag.

Friend 6: We have said that we won't exchange gifts (I try to keep the number of friends we exchange gifts we to a minimum  for sanity's and economies sake but I will get a box of chocolates for the family because she is the type to surprise us with a gift.

Friend 7: Something small like earrings though I gave her earrings last years. Maybe a felt flower pin.

Grandparents in law: Don't want presents that clutter up house. I did  a personalised bookmark & earrings for her. In the end gave him fingerless gloves(bought) because his hands get cold and he likes to work with his hands and chocs.

Uncle-in-law: Don't normally buy him a present but he is having dinner with us this year so am about 2/3s way through a black ribbed scarf for him. I'll think he'll like it but I am bored with it. He knits himself so he appreciated it.

Cousin: The little boy who has everything. Got him a magic set and a pirate sword.

We also need to get birthday presents for 4/5 January birthdays...Will do a T shirt,felt picture, family tree and something else.

I personalised  the bookmarks by usind their birthstone colours and/or semi precious stones. They went down very well.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2006 10:09:18 AM by Saor » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nasty_wench
« Reply #197 on: December 26, 2006 05:06:01 PM »

I just blogged about all my cool craft gifts that I received this Christmas. I was going to post all the photos here as well. But it took me forever to get everything loaded into my blog, so I think I'll just post the url for it. I hope that's ok. But I have Boxing Day Exhaustion and need to hit the sack soon.  Embarrassed

http://nastywench.blogspot.com/2006/12/crafts-i-received.html

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shoppe: Blissed Out! by sharon-lizette designs.
http://www.sharonlizette.etsy.com

My craft, travel and vegan delites blog. Stop by and say hi!
http://nastywench.blogspot.com
soupurrrvhixin
i've got people to see & places that i need to burn down

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: December 26, 2006 06:44:26 PM »

i didn't participate in this but i made at least half of my presents. 

i made:
-record bowls for my boyfriend and step-grandpa (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=82457.0)
-canvas art for my boyfriend (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=68219.0)
-bath kits for all the ladies with bath salts and bath bombs
-a dress up kit for my little cousin
-a lantern for my other cousin (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=99883.0)
-a decorated coffee mug for my boss
-2 seed bead votive holders for one of my coworkers (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=5234.0)
-a glass vase/candleholder filled with sea shells for my other coworkers.

unfortunately, i was dumb and didn't take any pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yes,
us people are just poems
we're 90% metaphor
with a leanness of meaning
approaching hyper-distillation
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #199 on: December 26, 2006 06:58:27 PM »

Hey don't feel bad for not taking pics - we all have our moments.

I turned MIL's afghan into a really kickin' tote bag and finished it literally 5 minutes before Xmas dinner.

And duh! forgot my camera too! I feel for ya!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
10 One-Hit Wonders
Singing Voice
How Standup Comedian Advances a Career
What Gets Easier and What Gets Harder in Comedy
What Do Entrepreneurs and Standup Comedians Have in Common
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...