A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Disney Villains Party - Photos added & fixed (pg 2)  (Read 2457 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

emiko

glass eyes make me excited in bad ways

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2006 10:51:23 PM »

So... You kids will see me in here quite a bit for a while asking for ideas Wink

Here's the deal: I work for a horror-movie themed goth club event we put together once a month, each with a theme- past ones include retro sci-fi, sleepover horror camp, zombie luau, silent hill, undead pirate night, lovecraft's realm, so on and so forth...

This month is Disney Villains, as my topic title might suggest! I get $100 do spend at will on decor, and more often then not I end up crafting most of it because it can be tricky sometimes finding stuff that will fit the theme. I usually put everything off until a week before (this event is this Saturday, wooohooo).

I should have my own reality tv show, now that I think about it. Hmmmm...

Anyway, here are my plans thus far:

There are three-five main areas of the event space- Red Room (middle eastern decor), Green Room (asian/zen decor), the dance floor (can decorate the stage, walls, ceiling, dj booth), back porch, and the dungeon. There is also hallway and ceiling space i can use as well.

for the red room, we're thinking of going with an Alladin theme, maybe a cut out of Jafar and The Cave of Wonders (or whatever it was called, it's been a while...), for the green room we're going with the Lion King, specifically the part of Scar's song with the nazi/millitary theme (dont tell me you dont know which part I'm thinking about!), and for part of the hall way I'm thinking of doing an underwater theme and covering the overhead lights in blue and making Usula's (The Little Mermaid) tenticles to hang from the ceiling.

It seems like I was on a pretty good roll there, but now I'm sort of stumped on ideas for the dance area and outside. Outside isn't too big of a deal to me, but I definitly want something for the dance area or stage.

That's where you clever kids come in! I will appriciate, love, and adore you if you can come up with a few ideas. Anything you can come up with- size is not an issue, nor is complexity. I'll figure a way around obsticles, I just need the inspiration!

Thank you for taking the time to read this! I hope I didn't put you to sleep  <3 <3 <3
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006 12:18:51 PM by emiko » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-a bit broken right now. taking a 'break' (har har har) from crafting for a bit.
ninosgirl
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006 07:34:52 AM »

im glad your including ursula because she is my favorite villain. the dance area should be the best and i think captain hook and his gang would be perfect. dont forget to include the alligator. he could be hiding in several different areas ready to strike. you should also include the clock that keeps ticking and making hook insane. the stage area could have a plank and a ship scenery around the stage. good luck and send some of your pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
emiko

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006 12:12:23 PM »

Brilliant! We have a giant pirate ship kite we can use too, and some inflatable crocs... Ohohohoho, thank you so much! There will definitly be pictures Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-a bit broken right now. taking a 'break' (har har har) from crafting for a bit.
mintbamboo
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006 12:25:31 PM »

well, i was going to suggest the dance floor area be decorated like The Emperor's New Groove, as that movie is clearly about getting your groove on, but im kind of biased for that movie. also, not really sure how you could decorate it, unless you made it look like yzmas secret lab. still, that might be difficult.

could the outside porch area be the creepy viney/dragon part in Sleeping Beauty? all you would really need would be some stuff to look like vines, and a lot of paper mache for a dragon.

as for the dungeon, my first thought was the castle from Beauty and the Beast, the the beast isnt really a villain, so that wouldnt be fair.

good luck, and take tons of pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm your fool
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006 08:59:42 PM »

First of all... a horror-movie themed goth club event! Shocked That sounds fantastic!

Second, I don't have specific decor ideas, but I do have more villain ideas that perhaps you could do something with...
There's the Queen of Hearts (yes it's Alice in Wonderland, but Disney did it too!),  Cruella De Vil, and I think for a goth club, you need something with The Evil Queen from Snow White or Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, or Chernabog (that would be the devil-y guy from Fantasia)...

On second thought, my list of options has inspired me.. ha... how about dalmation "puppy skins" hanging from the walls, or a Sleeping Beauty inspired area with thorny vines/rose vines & perhaps a spindle, or a Alice in Wonderland area (in a scarier way) with roses painted red and something to chop off heads...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emiko

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006 09:37:39 AM »

You all are brilliant!

I've decided for the dance area to make a (giant, hopefully) flat-dragon Maleficent to hang from a wall, and some vines to hang from the ceiling.

For the dungeon, we're going with the Red Queen- another cutout for her, then we're also making cut-out bushes with fake flowers we're painting red...

Anyway, I do promise pictures when I get it all done and set up... for now, here's my Captain Hook work-in-progress:

Rather life-size, you can see my Sharpie in there... This version of Hook is based on the Disney Hero's toy collection, where they made him look super cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninosgirl
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006 06:11:01 PM »

you are AWESOME!!!!! can i rent you for all my kids partys?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
emiko

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006 12:34:14 AM »

Phew, the weekend is really over? Thank goodness! The boyfriend helped outand made Ursula and the Queen of Hearts while I finished up Hook and Scar and the bushes... We had to nix Jafar and Maleficent due to time/energy contrainsts :/

I haven't gotten all the pics yet, but here is Ursula. Let's play 'Spot The Sharpie for Size Reference!'

We brought her back home, but have nowhere for a 8-foot-tall posterboard octopus  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Velour
Lady of the Scissors

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006 03:39:48 AM »

That is so awesome! I'm bookmarking this post so I can see pics of the final products Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nothing is craftier than a story Smiley http://writwratwrote.wordpress.com/
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006 08:51:36 AM »

That looks great! (And MAN is it big!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Behind and Inside Adobe Illustrator CS5
How to Use the Bristle Brush in Adobe Illustrator CS5
Creating the Tilt-Shift Lens Effect in Photoshop CS6
Working With Blur Filters in Photoshop CS6
Anarchy in the Organism Artwork at London Cancer Hospital
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...