A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: December 2006 Birthday Swap - *MOVED TO CLOSED SWAPS*  (Read 7092 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rosered

terror of the highseas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006 10:56:43 AM »

Hello! My name is Rosemary, I live in Ontario, Canada,  and I will be turning 23 on December the 28th. I am in my 4th and final year of studying to get my BA in Illustration. I've also been doing freelance illustration work on the side for the past year when I've got time! I plan on illustrating a children's book next year, as well as start working on an all ages friendly comic book. I like the colours brown and blue, I want to get my motorcycle license and get a scooter someday, I love pirates (I have a little skull and crossbones tattoo), my favourite books are Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie, and The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde, I like comic books, vidego games (my ds lite being the main source at the moment), and children's adventure stories. You can check out my blog to see some of my art and learn more about my likes and dislikes!

Here is my birthday wish list!

- a really big knitted or crocheted red or black hat that I can tuck my massive amounts of curly hair into and it will still stay on my head
-black sakura pigma micron pens
-black sharpies
-used postage stamps
-set of rubber alphabet stamps
-a pair of black knitted mittens that have white skull and crossbones on them
-anything that can help me learn to crochet. books, pamphlets, photocopies, anything!
-books about amigurumi
-japanese craft books
-a cute amigurumi friend. maybe an owl or koala if it isn't too much trouble?
-cadbury mini eggs!
-shrinky dink paper
-any sort of used or vintage children's books from the 1950's
-anything piratey themed!
-new/used library catalogue cards
-moisturizing lip balm
-some sort of neat calendar for 2007
-a square wooden pendant neckalce
-lapel brooches (I have lots of these, I love wearing them)
-old black and white photos of people, or places
-zines
-a pencil case with two separate pockets
-anything from my wists
-a surprise! I love getting unexpected things in the mail!

Thank you very much in advance to anyone who choses to send me something for my birthday! And a big happy birthday to all you December babes!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006 09:28:33 PM by rosered » THIS ROCKS   Logged

piratecore
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006 02:03:07 PM »

Hey winter babies. My name is Amy and I will be 25 on the 25th!! Yes, im a Christmas baby, and man, that stinkin jesus really steals my thunder! Smiley
Also its my golden Birthday! Cool I live in Superior, Colorado, but grew up in Rockland County NY. I am getting married this summer, so our family consists of me, Eric, Bear(our yellow lab) and Pickles(orange tabby). I have 4 tattoos and a few piercings. I like indie rock/post punk hardcore music. I have a wist list and a myspace.
I have a list of themes that I wouldnt mind recieving  Wink : Pirates(this includes ships, skulls, anchors etc.), the mantra "om mani padme hum"-"hail the jewel in the lotus"---> anything with a LOTUS image, Paisleys, polka dots, anything traditional tattoo(esp. anchors, swallows, cherries, nautical stars), I love pandas and penguins, pheonix and cupcakes also.I particularly like pink, green, brown, grey.. i particularly DONT like red, yellow, blue, purple.

My list:
- Anything from my wists, or inspired by my wists
- Anything including one of the themes on my themes list(see above)
- A roll up to hold crochet hooks
- A bag or roll up for sewing supplies/doodads
- I am always in need of Beads and more sculpey clay!
- A decorated or altered zip-up hoodie or fleece(Medium or Large)
- A bed or cube for my kitty(he has his own myspace page also)
- A cardigan
- Any sublime stitching patterns
- Stamps or stamp pads
- Anything FUSED glass!
- pendants.. i wear alot of necklaces of the pendant persuasion. thanks Gatsbys
- Knitted SOCKS!!
- A microscope slide pendant kit!
- Belt buckles
- A surprise! thanks rosered

Thanks in advance anyone who chooses me Kiss
p.s. feel free to add me on myspace.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006 09:17:57 PM by piratecore » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hokiekate
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006 02:27:55 PM »

I am in the United States.  Virginia, to be exact.  Here is my list:

Supplies:

-Buttons!  I like nice, big vintage buttons.  I like small ones, too though.  Just send me lots! Wink

-A book purse kit/instructions.  Like this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=114289.0, or this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=128266.0

-Wool felt.  Good quality felt and not the flimsy sheets you get in craft stores.  I want a variety of colors in small pieces, but can only find it in yardage.  So, if you have lots of scraps, please send them my way!

Crafty Goodness:

-I love knit things and have not the patience for knitting.  So, something knit for me.  Maybe a scarf or a hat of some kind.  And please make is soft and comfy.  I value comfort over fashion and love very soft things.

-A knit sweater for my little boy.  I really want a sweater with a hood for him, but I can't find one.  Of course, I would love any kind of sweater - hood or no.  He is 14 months old, but almost in size 2T right now.  He's my future linebacker.

-More notecards!  I've received two sets of notecards from crafsters, but I just can't get enough.  I love being able to send notes in the mail and I love all the pretty designs different crafters come up with.  So, design me anything you wish, just stay away from cats and religious themes Wink.  I like to send pictures in them, so at least 3.5"x5".  And please include envelopes Wink.

-A glass pendant of some kind.  There are some on my wist, to give you ideas

-Something from my wists.  I just started it, so it's meager.

-A surprise.  I really do love surprises, because you usually get what people craft best when you ask for a surprise.  So bring it on!

About me: I'm 28 (turning 29 this month - December 15th!) and have been married for 4+ years.  I have a sweet little boy and am a stay-at-home mom.  I used to work as an engineer and then as a teacher.  Now I'm tutoring and crafting to bring in some money.  I love reading, quilting, dancing, singing, and music in general.  My favorite movies are Moonstruck, My Dog Skip, Singing in the Rain, and It's a Wonderful Life.  My favorite books are Peter Pan, the Little Prince, and Anne of Green Gables.

Thank you so much in advance to anyone who crafts for me, and happy birthday to all!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006 09:10:44 AM by hokiekate » THIS ROCKS   Logged

vampirebunny
Fashion student *sniggers* The fashion!

I miss hair.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006 07:27:05 AM »

Hi I'm Hazel and I'm turning 18 on the 24th so great big adultness as I live in England and can now drink, vote and pay taxes.

Here's my list!

- A how to needle felt kit, I've played with wet felting on my fashion course and I don't think it's quite me but needle felting is tres intriguing.

- A needle roll for my knitting needles

- Yarn, I don't care what it is I just have to build up the stash, which reminds me...

- A how to spin kit, I've tried doing a bit of research but it's all been a bit intimidating. Having one set of instructions to follow seems like a good idea.

- Shrinky dinks and other random American stuff I can't find here, namely candy - I've heard of temporary tongue tattoos, I need some! Thanks raina.storms!

- No scarfs, random I know but I have a kabillion of the things and I kinda don't wear them, thanks for understanding you beautiful, beautiful people.

- Some kind of zip-up hoodie, a M or a size 12 UK which I think is an 8 in the US?

- A bag, something fairly roomy and either not too structured or messenger bag style with a long over the shoulder type strap. I can't manage the typical purse ones. Thanks mint!

- A suprise, 'cos everybody loves suprises. Thanks Banga!

I like most colours, generally not big on purple and brown but sometimes I love them so go figure. I do especially like silver and green, I am a natural born Slytherin. I love Buffy, Angel and Firefly, I'm planning to get a tattoo shortly after my birthday and I'm generally a bit (read 'incredibly') insane.

Happy Birthday everyone!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006 12:23:03 PM by vampirebunny » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps if you are Wink
millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006 08:42:52 AM »

Hi! I'm Autumn... I live in Minnesota, USA and I'm 28 years old this month Grin Happy birthday to all of the other December babies! I am definitely in good company on this thread. Here is my wishlist, with a note about themes to craft around if you need a suggestion. I will love anything you put thought and attention into, no matter how big or small... I am not too picky and would seriously just be so happy to know that someone thought enough to send a little present.

And now, on with the lists!

Some biggerish stuffs:
- tote bag or messenger style bag
- cute monster stuffy or creepy-cute doll Thank you, hokiekate!!
- crewel embroidery kit
- interesting and/or old board game or card game
- day of the dead themed artwork or potholders for my kitchen
- knitted socks
- original artwork - I especially like bold watercolors, & linoleum cuts or wood block prints, but really any style or medium would be great. frames aren't necessary... i promise if you send me something, i'll do right by it Wink
- original artist book
- handbound journal/notebook
- flannel fabric (cute prints or solid colors to make cloth pads)
- cat beds or blankets for the animal rescue that i volunteer at

Smallish/inexpensive stuffs:
- black/white fabric scraps - I am going to piece together a quilt for our spare room with only black and white fabrics, so any useable bits (at least 4"x 4" or bigger) would be appreciated! can be any print or solid, as long as it only uses black and white Thanks hokiekate!
- old children's books or bizarre pamphlets/ephemera
- a neat-o 2007 calendar
- stationery or notecards
- origami paper
- scrabble tiles
- black silk cord
- black hemp cord (any thickness)
- homemade lip balm/chapstick
- your zines Thank you, rosered!
- trinket box
- little pouch or pincushion
- embroidery floss or patterns Thanks again to hokiekate Smiley
- a surprise!

Potential Themes! kitties, robots, monsters, mermaids, stars, trees, books, cute things, weird things, pirates, chubby ladies, pandas, crabs or lobsters, terry pratchett/discworld, skulls/skeletons, or check out my wists for ideas

If you craft for me, I will send you a sweet little thank you note, and one of my zines, if you're into those sorts of things Smiley Thanks and happy birthday, everyone!!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007 07:29:58 AM by millik » THIS ROCKS   Logged

yellowblanket
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006 10:20:42 AM »

hello there, fellow december b-day craftsters! i'll be turning 20 (old!) on the 24th. i'm going to school in the los angeles area, but will be home in tucson, az for winter break starting friday!!

i like bright colors and girly prints, pink is probably my favorite color, though i love blue as well. i don't like black, brown, or grey as much and probably wouldn't like goth or punk-themed items. i also don't like metallic-esque fabric, leather, or vinyl. i probably wouldn't really want anything disney-related either.

my list:

a panta

circle skirt

crocheted beanie

either a knitted or crocheted hat with earflaps

t-shirt or zip-up hoodie that you've embellished/reconstructed - a stencil or silkscreen would be nice

knitted socks in bright colored stripes

pj pants - you can never have enough of these...bright, cute, girly prints much appreciated!

knitted shrug

zippered tote in a cute print of fabric with a zipper pocket inside, roomy enough for some school books

sturdy messenger bag

purse made out of something that isnt really purse material (cigar box, board game box, candy wrappers, etcno duct tape though, please)

handspun yarn

fingerless gloves (the kind where there's actually a hole for each finger - not armwarmers)

knitted or crocheted mittens

a pretty felted bag

...and of course, a surprise!

thanks in advance to anyone that picks me!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006 09:16:31 PM by yellowblanket » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists: http://www.wists.com/yellowblanket

will knit for: earrings, cloth pads, homemade soaps, and handspun yarn. PM me if you want to swap!
msalowishus

Virginia is for lovers.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006 02:08:03 PM »

hi! i am going to be 22 on the 28th this month! i have been married almost 10 months and am in my last year and a half of college. i LOVE stars, penguins, and polka dots. i sew mostly but have just learned to crochet. i live away from all my family because my husband is in the air force. so, here's my list:

*remote holder like that hang over the arm of the couch
*roll up crochet needle case
*stitch markers-i would love anything miniature on these but not necessarily beads..unless they are stars! thanks alwaysinmyroom!
*yarn other than acrylic-anything soft
*shot glasses-specifically from well known places
*something i can put my ipod nano in when i work out but that doesnt go around my arm..or is cuter than the ones they have that do that
*zip up hoodie or t shirt-appliqued, stenciled, or embroidered (s/m)
*belts-webbed, reversible, d-ring
*wrist pincushion..i saw an octopus one on here that was cute but a little big for my taste
*i'd love to try out shirnky dinks, i've never used them
*a surprise! thanks alwaysinmyroom!

i would really appreciate absolutely anything you put thought into!
you can check out my wists for inspiration or other ideas of things i like: http://www.wists.com/msalowishus
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006 07:10:53 PM by msalowishus » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2006 06:08:35 AM »

Hi, I'm Amy.  I live in Maryland and will be 24 on Dec. 23rd.  I am a SAHM of a 15 month old boy, who loves to run around in circles and dance (he's also just gotten into the hitting phase and likes to slap me and his father in the face, oh the joys of parenthood).  I love to sew and stencil tshirts (and whatever else).  I can't knit to save my life, my stitches or whatever they are called are too tight (always have been, my aunt knits and used to own a yarn store and has tried to teach me many times).  I am a little better at crochetting and would like to learn how to actually crochet for real (I have Happy Hooker on my amazon wishlist).  I love to bake and I love my pink Kitchenaid mixer that my husband gave me for my birthday last year.  I love the color pink, it has been my signature color since HS.  I also like bright (kelly, not neon) green and gray and black (because they look good with pink, so really any colors that look good with pink, because I wear a lot of pink), but I don't like orange or yellow very much.  I am a Legend of Zelda nerd (I have 2 LoZ tattoos). 

1- A new carryall/diaper bag/tote deal.  I have had plans to make one since my son was born (I have made one and I don't like it anymore, it falls off my shoulder and it's too wide (more like a box).  I have very specific needs for this.  I would like it to have both handles that I can hold or sling onto my shoulder as well as a strap that I can wear across my chest (because bags fall off my shoulder when I am pushing the stroller) but just an across the chest bag (like messanger style) would be fine.  It needs to have lots of pockets (big and small for diapers/wipes/cellphone(ugh)/sippy cup/changing pad) as well as a keyring holder thingy and plenty of extra room for my little bag of goodies (a matching one would be awesome, but I do have a pink terry one), snack containers and such (I carry around a ton of junk).   I think that's everything.  Oh and I like retro prints, polka dots, nothing really flowery/girly, stripes/blocks/squares, something like that.  It should be sturdy, but not stiff, the bottom should hold it's shape but the body should conform to my body somewhat (so it's not all over the place).  Here are 2 that I think are neat...  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=136305.0 and http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=136305.0

2- A black panta (I have been eyeing these for ages) (I noticed almost everyone else has a panta on their lists, too!)  THANKS jesintexas! (I sure hope I spelled that right!)

3- Anything from/inspired by my amazon wishlist (http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/3MXUPCGLSKH4G/ref=wl_web/)

4- Anything from/inspired by my wist (http://www.wists.com/amystagner)

5- I am a bias tape addict.

6- I love fabric!

7- A new long wallet that will also fit a small pocket calender in it would be awesome (the pockets in the one I have been using that I made don't hold my cards very well).  Lots of card slots, please.

8- A hooded scarf (preferrably knitted) it a neutral color. (There's one on my wist)

9- A how-to-crochet kit

10- A surprise!

Thanks and Happy Birthday, fellow December birthday havers.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006 12:41:47 PM by Zelda.Suicide » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitschkween
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006 07:50:10 PM »

hello and happy b-day everybody. i'm so excited this is my first swap! my name is marissa and my b-day is dec.15 . i'm from the bay area, ca but have been living in ky for about 3 years. here's my list:

*birdsnest wire ring (size 5) like this: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=186389

*handmade cold process rice and soy soap

*rosary pliers

*awesome pix or paintings of san francisco... the less touristy ones, and more what locals would appreciate (easy on the gg bridge & cable cars)

*record art

*black hoodie or sleeveless zip-up hoody that is my chemical romanced themed size xs or sm-- lyrics and guns

*a nightmare before christmas or argyle boppy slipcover -thanks zelda.suicide!

*anything argyle

*any of the crafster pirate stuff

*skull or ninja pincushion

*a kitschy beaded curtain of the virgin mary or cute pandas

*amigurumi sushi pillow

*sake or tea set

*super chewey white chocolate and cranberry blondies or cookies

*22 gauge silver beading wire

*a 1984 coin from any country with a hole in it to make a pendant

*a messenger bag with lots of compartments black, brown or army green

*a dress like this in emerald green or yellow http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=623487

*a button maker/press

*asian tapestries

+a suprise!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006 01:20:38 PM by kitschkween » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Skirts with Boots
Redbook’s Red Hot Holiday Gift Ideas
Holiday Looks to Make the Season Bright
Lili Göksenin Models Jeans of the Week
Mixing and Matching Vintage Items
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...