A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote for your favorite Bottle It Up project now! Smiley
Total Members: 302,529
Currently Running With Scissors:
394 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fashion Doodling Anyone?  (Read 39698 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2007 11:07:46 AM »

I've never heard of turning designs into pixel art! That's pretty cool! I like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Lody
« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2007 12:45:25 PM »

Eee, a doller! Cheesy I used to doll like CRAZY. It's what got me into designing clothes and stuff, really--it taught me that shirts and shorts are boring forever... Aaah, I miss dolling (can't do it right now, my tablet is serial port and my desktop is dead ... and of course my lappy has no serial. Sad )
But that is one awesome dolly, cute cute Smiley I see you pixel shade Cheesy
Now I want to show one off >.>

Not at all my best art wise, but an entertaining outfit... Smiley base

Another cool design, base from Mizuna which I'm pretty sure is gone (haven't been able to find it online in the past few years)

Cheesy Whee! (totally not my fav dolls, but recently I've mostly dolled gaia outfits, ragnarok online chars, etc, so they don't really belong in this fashion doodling thread! Hehe, I should scan in some of my actual fashion doodles and the actual clothes they resulted in Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like penguins, stars, rainbows and blue.
If your project has any of these, don't be surprised to see me post in it! Cheesy
meg2101
Wand-Totin' Browncoat Ninja

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2007 01:23:04 PM »

Dollers! Yay, I didn't know there were any of us on here.  Grin I've been doing pixel art for several years, it actually helps a lot with my real life drawing because I understand how clothing fits and flows better.

Here's a couple of my most recent dolls.  Smiley

Base by Shouri

Base by Sabraelle

Base by Shouri
THIS ROCKS   Logged

|| Wist | Flickr | Icon by me ||
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2007 01:58:35 PM »

Smiley It's good to know there's more than just two. Smiley I find designing for dolls does help me with my outfits in real life and give me ideas for stuff. Like what colors work together and such. I do like to draw too so I've found it also helps with my proportions when I actually draw. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 03, 2007 07:18:14 PM »

Oh those are so cute! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shydeana
Deana M.

Hi! I'm Deana.

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2007 07:29:03 PM »

Please pardon my old age, lame and out of the loop of reality dumbness... Cry Undecided  But what are these dolls (z)?  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Quit laughing... I really don't know. Cry

Do you create them yourself or is there some sort of (pattern?) to start with and you dress them? This sounds like something I fun might try. Probably with minimal success, but it is something different to try?  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love is a beast whose bite becomes deadly to your soul. ~ Deana.
meg2101
Wand-Totin' Browncoat Ninja

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: June 04, 2007 09:50:13 PM »

Dolling is a form of pixel art, where you start with a base, usually made by someone else that you saved to your computer, and you draw clothes and hair on it in the editing program of your choice. It's basically just like dressing a real doll, hence the name. Smiley Most people call them dolls, dollz is an older term from when it first caught on.

Most dollers prefer pixel-shading, where you draw and shade your doll pixel by pixel, but there's also tool-shading where you use helpful tools within your editing program like burn and dodge to shade your dolls.

Once you've completed your doll you can post it on a forum or your website, making sure to give the base creator credit.

There are lots of dolling forums where people post their finished dolls and bases, and offer critique and tutorials. I personally am a member at What the Muffin, they have a really friendly community and a lot of good dollers post there. I actually found craftster through a different dolling forum a couple of years ago.  Grin

This is my dolling site, and here are some others that might inspire you to try it out:

http://www.stvgr.net/dhf/
http://www.eclectic-blue.com/
http://www.shouri.com.ar/dollz/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

|| Wist | Flickr | Icon by me ||
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2007 07:00:42 AM »

There's a super long article on wikipedia about dolling too. If you aren't offended by barbie doll type nudity then you can do it. Most bases look a lot like a neekid barbie. Which basically leaves you with everything to your imagination. I have a few base templetes I've made on my site. And you are more than welcome to use them to play with and see if you like it. I've been dolling for about four years now and it's quite fun but does take some practice. Smiley
A great site if you are planning to pixel shade is bunnystick.com she has lots of great tuts for using MSpaint. Smiley
Anyways I didn't mean to hijack the thread just wanted to show off my version of fashion doodling. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
_hunny_
« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2007 07:01:28 AM »

Sooo .. I had my textiles AS retake today, for design, and it was to come up with innovative designs related to food & drink  Embarrassed so, i used the theme of international cuisine and came up with these initial ideas:

Not as good as some of them on here already, but if anyone else took the exam id be interested to see what you did? x x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ All of us girls are stars, and deserve the right to twinkle ~ Marilyn Monroe
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2007 07:12:09 AM »

Those are great! I think that the chicken wrapped in banana leaves is hilarious because I know what they are! Hilarious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Color Correction in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use the Image Processor in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Rename a File in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Work with the Metadata Panel in Adobe Bridge CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Mashed Chickpea Salad Sammy
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...