A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,074
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fashion Doodling Anyone?  (Read 35377 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ohcany
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006 04:53:41 PM »

Deana - have you thought about pairing the last dress with jeans or leggings?  That way you could still show off your awesome design and not feel too self-conscious.

~Molly
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cait
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006 05:09:32 PM »

It sounds like you have a life to me. I don't think sketching your designs is a waste of time, what better way to spend your time than being creative, especially when you're really good at what you're doing! I think your drawings are great. If you like something you should wear it because you like it. If you really don't feel confident enough to you could always start with an original idea you come up with, draw it out, and then modify it to be something you'd be comfortable in. Or like someone else said, pair it with leggins or jeans, I think that would be really cute, especially that last red dress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clockworkclover
But, why is the rum gone?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006 05:27:11 PM »

I sketch clothes all the time. Mine usually never come to be though... mostly cuz I'm too lazy.

I love your designs. I would wear alot of them actually...if I felt like showing my legs off... which I never do... it's cold in Michigan!

I LOVE the light blue dress. You should really make that! It would be beautiful.

Keep up the wonderful sketches! They're fantastic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
dyingsockgirl
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006 05:32:16 PM »

I love the dress (I see it as a dress) in your original post. I would definitely wear it! I saved it in my wardrobe inspiration file. I'll probably never get around to making it (I'm really bad at finishing things... and starting things haha) but I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you really want to hurt your parents and
you dont have nerve enough to be homosexual,
the least you can do is go into the arts.
Kurt Vonnegut, Jr
racehorse87
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006 07:47:21 PM »

I doodle dresses on the back of my psychology notes.  Grin

Here's my Scottish dress design that I just colored that was from a year or so ago:

I don't like to draw the hands, feet or head, just the clothes.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sorcha Griannon

Wench this! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006 08:49:54 PM »

I doodle dresses on the back of my psychology notes.  Grin

Here's my Scottish dress design that I just colored that was from a year or so ago:

I don't like to draw the hands, feet or head, just the clothes.  Tongue

That is beautiful.  Absolutely beautiful.  Have you tried making this yet?

Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wench #2524, Sorcha. International Wenches Guild
Founder-"The Prick'd Finger Society" where our motto is "If you haven't bled, it's not finished, the sacrifice must be made"
My Rants and Rambles
Ravelry-sorchagriannon
racehorse87
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006 09:09:10 AM »

Thank you! I'm glad you like it.  Cheesy

I actually haven't tried making it yet. I'm not entirely sure about the colors. I have already made a laced up corset, but in black.

It looks like this one that I made for a friend, except the material is silkier:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=58976.0

Working with that, I'm not sure what kind of plaid would look best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sorcha Griannon

Wench this! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006 05:38:23 PM »

Thank you! I'm glad you like it.  Cheesy

I actually haven't tried making it yet. I'm not entirely sure about the colors. I have already made a laced up corset, but in black.

It looks like this one that I made for a friend, except the material is silkier:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=58976.0

Working with that, I'm not sure what kind of plaid would look best.

I like the idea of the green dress.  Tartan would be difficult though.  No green based tartan-it'd blend in.  Red based would look too x-masy.  I think, like you have, that a blue based tartan or a grey one would look best, or perhaps a brown based one if the corset was changed to black.

Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wench #2524, Sorcha. International Wenches Guild
Founder-"The Prick'd Finger Society" where our motto is "If you haven't bled, it's not finished, the sacrifice must be made"
My Rants and Rambles
Ravelry-sorchagriannon
shydeana
Deana M.

Hi! I'm Deana.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006 06:00:26 PM »

Wow, this is fun! Everyone sharing their fashion doodles with me!  Grin

Racehorse87, that is beautiful. You take a lot of pride in your doodling, don't you! It's sooo detailed. Is that colored pencil? I draw feet mainly for the purpose of adding matching shoes. I'm a matchy-matchy type of person. Sometimes I draw the hands behind the back like you have and other times leave the feet off the end of the page.

Padawan, those are good doodles, too! Let's share, everyone!  Grin

Ohcany (Molly), wearing the daring red dress as a top might work. I don't know... Embarrassed I tortured myself again last night with it during a bout with insomnia. If I was 20 lbs lighter and 10 years younger, I could pull off this dress.  Cry But, you know, there is a bit of fun when I put it on and pretend I'm beautiful. There is a hint of excitement as I dare myself to go outside wearing it.  Roll Eyes

OMG, I need a life.  Roll Eyes

Cait, I don't consider my creative ventures a waste of time at all. My creative ventures ARE my life.

Here is another I'll share:

This is in a somewhat distressed state. My plan was to take these brown stretch pants and make a skirt and top. I cut the legs for the bodice of the top and ended up with a 14" skirt.  Lips sealed

Shocked  ARGH!!! Too short!!!  Roll Eyes
Soooo, I'll add some pleats or ruffles to the bottom hem so it becomes a more wearable 16 or 18" skirt. Still a mini, but more apt for my age. The top right now is the legs of the pants sewed together to form a tube with spaghetti straps. It's not wearable like that. I would like to make a top section out of the same material as the ruffled or pleated part of the skirt and maybe a border for the top.  Smiley

And again, if you fashion doodle, please share. I'm actually feeling good about this!  Cheesy

What do you all think? Should I finish this disaster or chuck it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love is a beast whose bite becomes deadly to your soul. ~ Deana.
ogle

Ongina is my Oprah

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006 06:10:46 PM »

Shocked Wow, everyone colors thiers. I just leave mine all pencily and messy and stuff.

I like them all but I loooove the last one you posted shydeana. Its like chanel meets mod-style.

Update:
Here are some of mine all messy, pencily and gross. And to make it even worse the scanners at the library are ridiculously horrible since they are set to scan text. Angry Oh well. I am trying to start the boy outfits but I am soo picky about the fabrics/colors. I just kinda threw the dress in there for kicks.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011 07:39:34 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love is the Message
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 20/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 23/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 19/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 17/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 21/26
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...