A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,481
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 10 things i hate about you fan (18th birthday!)  (Read 1750 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Irish_Belle
I put my hands among the flames. Nothing burns.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 07, 2006 06:55:49 AM »

Then theres my friend.. she has everything. CDs, clothes... she doesn't want for anything at all! She LOVEs the film '10 things i hate about you' and Heath Ledger.

She also likes the A Knight's Tale.

But some people have suggested a 10 things i hate about you theme

thanks dolls! Smiley

This is her bebo is its any help: http://sineadkiv.bebo.com

So far what I'm considering is...
-The Thaming of the Shrew book (any ideas on how to personalise it?)
-A list of 10 things i love about her
-T-shirt with a guitar stenciled on it and the quote "You know you can't buy me a guitar every time you screw up!"

However, seeing as its her 18th I want to get her something that she'll be able to keep forever as well though... maybe get her some jewellery with a quote engraved on it that links to the movie (10 things i hate about you) or A Knights Tale? Something that I can incorparate so she'll remember its from me. Is there any specific jewellery in the movie? I really can't recall. Y'know like Breakfast at Tiffany's had the crackerjack ring? Tongue
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006 04:37:29 AM by Irish_Belle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006 11:19:09 AM »

If she's a chocoholic, make her an emergency kit. Take a shadowbox, glue some chocolate on the inside of it. Write around it "In case of emergency, break glass!", put the shadowbox together and attach a mini-hammer to it. Voila, emergency chocolate kit for the chocoholic.
Now if you really want to go with the chocoholic theme, you'd put that shadowbox in a small basket. IN which you can put chocolate scented soaps (I believe they exist), the chocolate lipbalm, chocolates from all over the world... somewhere on craftster someone made a "chocolate bookmark". There's small books about chocolate.... ohh the things you could do with just that theme alone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
Irish_Belle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006 12:29:29 PM »

If she's a chocoholic, make her an emergency kit. Take a shadowbox, glue some chocolate on the inside of it. Write around it "In case of emergency, break glass!", put the shadowbox together and attach a mini-hammer to it. Voila, emergency chocolate kit for the chocoholic.
Now if you really want to go with the chocoholic theme, you'd put that shadowbox in a small basket. IN which you can put chocolate scented soaps (I believe they exist), the chocolate lipbalm, chocolates from all over the world... somewhere on craftster someone made a "chocolate bookmark". There's small books about chocolate.... ohh the things you could do with just that theme alone!

I've got lipbalm, earrings, memo sheets, chocolates from all over the world.. i'll try my best ^_^. I like the bookmark idea. whats a shadowbox may i ask? she's got a allergy to some soaps Sad awww, im definately planning on getting the little books, maybe a chocolate cookbook. ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006 12:33:01 PM »

a shadowbox is basically just a frame, but instead of the glass and the back of the frame being right against eachother, the frame itself is deeper, so you can put 3D stuff in it. The 3D created a shadow-y effect to whatever you put in, hence: shadowbox (at least that's my educated guess as to why it's termed that way lol).

chocolate cookbook sounds good
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
emmaline
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006 12:27:59 AM »

Hmmm well if you wanted to have 10 theme with the box it would be cool
on the 10 things front
you could do like a copy of "Taming of the Shrew" I know its a bit boring...but it is what its based on after all
the soundtrack, if she doesn't have it, is killer
write a list of 10 things i LOVE about you (her...obviously not me, haha she wouldn't be interested in that)

i always love getting foreign lollies and chocolate?
ive seen some DECLICIOUS looking chocolate lollipops that look really easy to make. basically just melted chocolate, a heart mold and a popstick!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's stick to regular Monopoly. The game is crazy enough as it is; how can an iron be a landlord?

http://www.agirlcallede.blogspot.com
talmina
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006 01:08:09 AM »

Yeah, if she doesn't have Taming of the Shrew, definately get it for her, it's hilarious, and she can see all the similarities between the two (which my english teacher couldn't when we studied it).  I'd also get/make her a sheep, and pin a note to it saying "are there sheep?" should be garunteed to crack her up!  Actually stencil a T-shirt with it!  Or other classic lines from it, if you want a list, ask, I used to be able to recite that movie.

*runs off to find a sheep stencil*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Irish_Belle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006 07:35:52 AM »

Hmmm well if you wanted to have 10 theme with the box it would be cool
on the 10 things front
you could do like a copy of "Taming of the Shrew" I know its a bit boring...but it is what its based on after all
the soundtrack, if she doesn't have it, is killer
write a list of 10 things i LOVE about you (her...obviously not me, haha she wouldn't be interested in that)

i always love getting foreign lollies and chocolate?
ive seen some DECLICIOUS looking chocolate lollipops that look really easy to make. basically just melted chocolate, a heart mold and a popstick!

Ooohhh, i like the lollies idea!! will bear that in mind! im gonna get her some lovely chocolatre Cheesy ive ordered some pocky already Smiley

10 things i lovee about her! Cheesy yeah awesome! oohh, i will get the taming of the shrew, i can pick it up for abot 2.50 somewhere - is there anything i could stick in it to refer to certain bits in the movie? (ive only seen it once - and forget it, lol!)
Course she has the soundtrack Cheesy

Yeah, if she doesn't have Taming of the Shrew, definately get it for her, it's hilarious, and she can see all the similarities between the two (which my english teacher couldn't when we studied it).  I'd also get/make her a sheep, and pin a note to it saying "are there sheep?" should be garunteed to crack her up!  Actually stencil a T-shirt with it!  Or other classic lines from it, if you want a list, ask, I used to be able to recite that movie.

*runs off to find a sheep stencil*

I'd be too lazy at the time to make a stencil - i have xmas tests, and its my 18th near that time... Tongue i might pick up a tee on threadless.com, and a cute lil sheep! i don't get that joke, but she most certainly will!

I want to get her something that she'll be able to keep forever as well though... maybe get her some jewellery with a quote engraved on it that links to the movie or A Knights Tale? Something that I can incorparate so she'll remember its from me. Is there any specific jewellery in the movie? I really can't recall. Y'know like Breakfast at Tiffany's had the crackerjack ring? Tongue

xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

owl be there
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006 10:53:58 AM »

um if you sew you could make one of those postcard purses where theres like a picture underneath clear vynil [or however you spell it...vinyl?] and you could do a picture from 10 things i hate about you / a knights tale
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carinbrat

me in oil. By...me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006 11:00:41 AM »

Speaking as someone who directs Shakespeare plays for a living... if you are getting her a copy of Taming of the Shrew" be sure to get an Arden edition.  (Arden is the publishing company)

http://www.amazon.com/Taming-Shrew-Shakespeare-Second-Paperback/dp/1903436109/sr=8-1/qid=1160848663/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-0719801-7507145?ie=UTF8

It has the best and clearest annotation, and will help her understand the deliciousness of Shakespeare quickly.

(now, I know that other Shakespeare buffs will say, well, no, the Riverside is the best, or the Pelican, and those are good as well.  My personal preference is the Arden.  Their editions have never steered me wrong.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

talmina
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006 04:51:07 PM »

I better explain the sheep joke, basically they're trying to set Kat up with anyone in the school so her little sister can date (Kat's the shrew btw) and one of the guys goes "I wouldn't date her if she were the last woman left on earth, and there were no sheep... Are there sheep?"  You could also do "You know you can't buy me a guitar every time you screw up" but I would have to double check that one, and for some insane reason I don't own it.  If you didn't want to stencil it you could do iron on transfer or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Country Style Corned Beef Hash Recipe
How to Make a Grilled Ham and Gruyere Sandwich
How to Make Depression Cake
Baked Beans Recipe
How to Make Thin-New York Strip Steak with Potato Wedges
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...